Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Paddyg96

Woah so no grant + BIK exemption being reduced to 35k for 2023. Damn.

plus I believe you can only write 23k off against company taxes, whereas in the Uk you can write 100% off (as well as having much better BIK rates than us)

seems very harsh

i can’t decide what to do. I have enough cash in my company to buy any configuration, currently have the SR+ on order as I thought the grant applied, so 15k extra for the LR seemed excessive, but now i realise it’s only 10k extra (plus a little bit more BIK).

so now I’m curious about 3 things

• will the delivery be quicker on a LR
    • will insurance be much more for someone my age on a LR than a SR (I’m 25)
    • will the LR hold its value better?

if anyone could shed any light on the above, I’d be so grateful

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭jimmyging

Why not order basic model 3 in white and then get it wrapped in your chosen colour afterwards ,.This will enable you to get the grant .There are several discussions on wrapping here ,I'm sure someone can put you in the right direction .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Although the wrapping idea would work best from the expense perspective there are no grants for companies.

It is 24k not 23k cap. Currently BIK 0% is capped at 50k so for any Tesla you'll pay some.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

I’m hoping February sees a pick-up in Irish deliveries, looking at past trends February and March see decent delivery numbers and Q4 tends to be low

I’m sure they can spare a few from the uk. We only got 0.5% of the uk deliveries in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭jimmyging

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sln852

Hi Guys, any recommendations for a puncture repair in Galway?

I've got a screw lodged in the center of a rear tyre. I've got a tyre plug repair kit here but i'm thinking it's not a good idea to DIY it with the foam on the inside of the tyre.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Absolutely fine to plug a tyre with the foam inside it. I’ve plugged a puncture in mine, as well as another Boardsie’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sln852

Thank you Andy. Were those plugs going into a location where there was foam?

I thought the foam might hinder the plug from sealing correctly on the inside.

This is what i'm looking at:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

the plug did go into the foam, but the pusher tool to clean out the hole just pushed into a foam a little bit.

looking at yours, I would 100% plug it.

• Advertisement

I’m wondering if the extra 100km is really worth it for a LR in a country like Ireland. Sure for the US or even Uk, but looking at road trips here it seems you’d be able to get most places on one charge.

any thoughts? Of course it depends on use case

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Winter time is where you would really feel the difference.

For me it could be the difference between a comfortable relaxed journey and one that's a bit more nervy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Larger battery also talks to better residual value, in say 10years time the LR may have degraded to level of SR+

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭carsfan2

looking at this review of the standard model with the new battery would make you wonder why you would bother to spend more for the long range., especially in Ireland where there is such a huge price gap.

Will the Feb 2022 batch have this new battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Yes as did the very limited number delivered in Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Saw this today and I’m pleased I went with standard however if a non white performance pops up in inventory in the new year I may just take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

Hi all, apologies if this has been asked before. Has anyone had any luck getting Tesla agreeing to register a model 3 currently in inventory in January?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

It's not just 100km extra range.

the LR has a better sound system and 4 wheel drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mobyduck

and fog lamps 🤷.

but I think the point is valid. The LR not quite as compelling now for some drivers given the price diff. I have a 2019 M3LR and kinda 👀 at the base 2022 M3 with interest. Would miss the poke tho’

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Very similar situation as a 1.8 GSR lancer and an Evo V.

Both the same car, but very different beasts with one being FWD and the other 4WD. about 10k in the difference when they were new, also.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

I've driven all 3 versions of the model 3,

6,000 kms in a LR

50,000 kms in a Performance

and test drove a Model 3 SR for a few hundred kms,

The SR+ is a quick car, quicker than most modern hot hatches

The LR has more power, better sound system & the AWD makes it feel planted

The Performance just is a total Rocket, most people will feel sick at full tilt & the acceleration is unreal & it keeps pulling & pulling......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

When I was student I got into a 10 years old punto and I was "I don't understand why people need more newer and expensive cars"

Few year later I got into a near new I was "I don't understand people buying new and paying full price"

Fast forward today sitting in a LR I'm saying "I don't understand people buying Merc EQS 580 4matic" hoping my previous errors to become a rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

They are both 4WD but the evo's would be better system. Also I do not know the price difference as I'm pretty sure the 1.8 GSR was only available in Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

I never test-drove the Perf but the LR's acceleration is really balanced I feel. It's quick but not ridiculously so and always feels planted. Typical example is an overtaking on damp conditions when you start to overtake a car and then oncoming traffic appears: It always have power reserve allowing you to just floor it when needed and you can safely finish the maneuver without any drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Couple of Performance Models added to inventory today, I'd be amazed if they get all these (inc. the LR's) away by the 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dahughes23

Majority of RWD specs have now slipped to an estimated delivery of March 2022.

White remains May 2022 for now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

I picked up my LR yesterday and got an email soon after to say I'd been given 1 year free premium connectivity. Was delighted with that as was really only expecting a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 orin_jj

Getting ready now for delivery day next week and looking forward to it. Couple small questions:

• I won't have a home charge point setup before delivery. Does the M3 ship with the correct 3pin connector just to plug it into normal socket?
    • Does the car come with mud guards? I through I read or saw a YT clip that they install them standard for certain countries

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Yes it comes with a Type 2 cable for AC charging away from home and a granny cable for charging from any socket.

Advertisement