Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strictly Come Dancing 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭treascon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Trampas

Rhys knows he hasn’t a chance of winning it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

He moreorless said on ITT that he was trying to add something extra having seen Rhys & Nancy's performance.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Cateym

I think this is the first time I've ever watched Strictly that I genuinely don't have a favourite. I'll be happy if any one of AJ, Rose or John win. All fantastic dancers. Rhys to go tonight as Dan seems to be escaping the dance offs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Loved John and Johannes dance but such a pity it was a perfect dance 💃

• Advertisement

Rhys just blew it out of the park 😍😍😍

Ok Rose and Gio are definitely in competing mode, beautiful dance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

God Dan just has to go now

Rose and Gio were simply gorgeous

I feel so sorry for AJ

That wasn't AJ's dance. In a way I hope they are in the dance off so she can nail it next time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ugh, I hope it's not John and AJ in the bottom two tonight. 😫

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Dan is the weakest dancer, imo, but has managed to hang in there, when other, better dancers have left ahead of him. Popular with the public, it seems.

If I could vote, I would vote Rose all the way.

Will be interesting to watch the results show tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Just catching up on last nights show, the professional dance at the start was brilliant. Oti and Graziano were amazing, I had tears in my eyes.

I really can't call who will go tonight (and haven't checked the spoiler).

Before the dances, I would have said Rhys because he's had a few dance-offs, but that AT was brilliant and he showed a whole new maturity.

Both John and AJ made mistakes. She never looked totally comfortable, like she was trying to catch up or something.

I felt Rose's dance didn't fit that impressive lift. It belonged somewhere else.

Dan was fine. As others have said, he's the weakest left but also the most improved. Voters like an improver and the fact that he's had consistently low scores and never been in the dance-off means he's very popular. That said, everyone would beat him in a dance-off.

We could see a shock exit.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Am I losing the plot or would they not have normally moved to two dances each by now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Xander10

I was expecting two last night, but sure from memory if it normally starts at q/f stage

That’s next week.

Any of the 5 could be in the danceoff.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Rose is so funny 🤣

Isn’t she! She’s also brought out a different side of Giovanni.

I want them to get married.

Her boyfriend would probably have something to say about that, though.

• Advertisement

Hold the phone, did Kai and AJ change their ending??? Or did I just miss the last lift?

Wondered the same thing. They were much, much better in the dance off. She was far less hesitant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I think that was the right result.

Actually glad AJ and Kai were in the bottom two, so they could dance again and fix their mistake.

Ah fair play to Dan. Got a bit choked up there! Delighted AJ got her lift right but really think she struggled with that dance? Maybe I'm wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,556 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I thought the same, not her best dance by a long shot.

And I also wondered if they changed that last lift, it didnt look remotely like what they were trying to do last night!

And nice comment by Dan "I'd have saved AJ as well" - he sounded very genuine saying it, fair play to him!

I thought that she was tiring towards the end. Sad to see “Daniel” go as he was improving so much every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I'm pretty happy with that. I'd be happy with any of John, Rose or AJ winning it now.

Not a chance in hell Rhys will win it. He's been in the dance off too many times. He's also just too "gushy" and over the top.

i enjoyed Dan’s dancing as he had improvised every week but the others are miles ahead of him, It definitely wasn’t AJ’s best night but she is a great dancer 💃

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

And I also wondered if they changed that last lift, it didnt look remotely like what they were trying to do last night!

The lifts are shown side by side on Twitter, and it's the same lift.

I'm no expert - just going by those who say so. 😁 It all takes place on Saturday night so it would be a challenge, I presume to change it anyway.

I try to stay away from making personal remarks about anyone's appearance but I have to say I seriously envy AJ's legs! They are fab-u-lous! 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Dan is the person you want in show. No dance background improved over the weeks.

Rhys did great this week but he'll struggle when it is just public votes that count.

AJ looked like she tanked on Saturday but dance off she got her energy back

Rose will be in it till the end.

John will be if can keep it clean

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Navy blue

I'm really not a fan of these hugely complicated lifts in the middle of dances, parts of AJ's dance looked more like a gymnastics display. I also think it breaks the flow of the dance and makes it look a bit scattered and messy. Even the lift in Rose and Giovanni's dance didn't add anything to the overall performance for me, I thought it a bit odd to be honest. AJ's dance would have been super without the lifts, they actually spoiled it as she was clumsy coming out of them and you could see her thinking about them before they happened. Would have been a much smoother, polished performance without them.

I thought Rhyss was superb on Saturday night. I haven't been his biggest fan, but he really contained his energy and it was very sultry and seductive.

I thought the professional dance on Saturday was absolutely stunning, such wonderful story telling. I hated last nights though, who were the two main female pro's, was one of them Karen? I thought they were very poor, sloppy and out of time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I was completely the opposite on the pro dances. I thought Saturday nights story was contrived and needless. When dancers stop dancing and try to act they look exposed. They're not actors and it shows. They could have danced all the way through Saturday night And it would have been beautiful.

I thought sunday was lots of fun. All done through dance. The back up dancer was ott but she's new. Ill give that break.

I also kinda disagree with the lifts. The judges ask for more daring and challenging things than just the pure dance steps.

I agree with you on Rhys, he was fabulous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Rose ...wow !

Tonight has been a night of the most talented and they all deserve to be in the final.

• Advertisement

And WOW! I love how Gio is with her. A totally different and nicer person.

Rhys to go out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I know they all deserve to be there for different reasons , but both her dances tonight looked graceful and elegant and effortless imo .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Trampas

Rhys in bottom 2 is nailed on. Hasn’t a hope of getting top on public vote. I think he’s gone also

Thank goodness that's over. I must have cried about 50 million times! What a semi final!!! Imagine having to pick between them. Rose and Gio just slay me. It's been such a series.

I've rewound and watched Rose's dances about five times already - I'm slightly obsessed with her footwork in the waltz, there's a bit near the end where they're doing some fast spins, and her non-standing foot just rises up between Gio's ankles - it's the most elegant thing I've seen in ages (I'm sure there's a technical term for it!) and I just can't stop watching it.

And that Argentine tango - just wowzers! First AT to properly remind me of the Flavia and Vincent days (God be with them). AND SHE CAN'T HEAR THE MUSIC!!!

When you see her slagging Giovanni, and jumping around the place with excitement, and HAHAHAHAing like a slight loon - and then it's like she flicks a switch and does a dance like that ...... I just cannot believe it.

Rose FTW for me. I'm not even contemplating her not getting into the final!

• Advertisement

I like to listen to and watch the Pros. Nancy comes across as an ambitious control freak.

Johannes is a different character with John compared to how he is with female celebs and I’m just not getting him this series.

Kai looks older than his years and there’s a great chemistry between himself and AJ.

Geo usually comes across as an arrogant perfectionist. However, with Rose he’s different. Like a big brother, little sister relationship which I love.

Rose or AJ to win, with Rose slight favourite.

All in all, a great series. One of the best yet.

Loved AJ's quickstep - so fab. Surely Rose to win overall though.

I think Rhys is a lock for the dance-off probably with John.

Got to say I hated both J&J's dances. I really don't get wishy washy barefoot contemporary dances, and I can't stand Coldplay.

Genealogy Forum Mod

John was on ITT, and said he hates Coldplay. 😂

I totally agree with Maryanne84. I found Gio fairly intolerable in previous seasons. I'd even go so far as to say he damaged his partner's chances with his arrogance and being such a manwhore. He has done wonders with Rose and she has been a revelation.

It's between AJ and Rose. Either of them are worthy winners but I think it'll be Rose.

With AJ's quickstep i was distracted by her dress flouncing around, pompoms flying everywhere, and the camera being trained on her (very lovely) arse 80% of the time.

I would dearly love an option to view dances from a fixed camera(s), with a clear view of the dancers' feet like the judges have.

Agree re John's first dance - I hate all that barefoot angsty stuff, and his jive was good but the matchy matchy outfits just annoy me at this stage. And Johannes just creeps me out for some reason, can't put my finger on why, exactly.

And Nancy's little speech to Claudia just said to me, she wants to be able to say she got to the final in her first series, nothing to do with wanting to get Rhys there..... the two of them just leave me cold tbh.

I love the other three couples- I like to imagine they are all madly in love and about to marry any minute! 😄 But Rhys and Nancy don't do anything for me.

I loved Gio when he danced with Debbie. He was so lovely to her, I adored the two of them. 😍

I completely agree about the pom poms! They were very distracting!

Great dance though.

I'd be happy with Rose, John or AJ to win, but I think it will be Rose.

That tango.... damn. Gio is fantastic at tango, though. I still remember his tango with Debbie McGee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭hamburgham

Yes, the pom poms looked ridiculous.

I think AJ is absolutely painful. Kai is a professional to his core and though he tries to hide it, I firmly believe he doesn’t even like her. He looked bored stiff in one of the VTs when meeting her family. Last week after they won the dance off, he had to give her a little tap to remind her to turn and commiserate with Dan and Nadija. John and Johannesburg were laughing after they messed up the lift whereas AJ had to start weeping. God help Kai having to spend all that time with her.

Always liked Gio, couldn’t fault him on anything over the years so don’t know where any criticism of his previous form is coming from. He seems to be a brilliant teacher. Only misstep I can think of was that stupid Vogue dance with Michelle.

I hope Rose wins because I love her dances. I’m getting a bit tired of the layering on of what she’s doing for the deaf community. At this stage, it isn’t any kind of sympathy vote, she’s a fab dancer.

Trust you’ve all seen the “Stop doing the sweaty” video on you tube of Gio and Rose. Is hilarious.

Craig’s pointed comment tonight about John being the star of the dance for the first time.

I like Rhys but it must have been very annoying for Nancy a pro dancing all her life to have him insisting on the music for the tango. I wonder if there was a lot of that, him thinking he knows better.

I like Rhys but it must have been very annoying for Nancy a pro dancing all her life to have him insisting on the music for the tango. I wonder if there was a lot of that, him thinking he knows better.

Just re this - I half heard two of them mention the choice of music, but wasn't paying attention properly - I thought the music was given to them? If it's their (ie, the pro's) choice, then there certainly have been some VERY questionable selections over the years, maybe what Nancy wanted was even worse? But I definitely thought the dance and the music was handed to them, to make of what they could.

• Advertisement
Advertisement