Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭electricus

My ID.3 has v2.3 software since new (which I think means the updated hardware too).

On cold mornings, when I don't preheat, I see the battery heater symbol on screen (usually only for a few seconds) and consumption is noticeably high.

When I preheat, plugged in or not, I don't see the heater symbol and consumption is much lower.

I haven't checked with ODB2 so that's based purely on my observations, it could've been that battery heating wasn't needed the mornings I was plugged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,515 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

No,

I have my proposal number from VW Finsncial services.

what stage should I get a VIN or Commission number ?

once I get them. Where do I go?

The commission number should have been available from your salesperson a few days after the order was. Maybe you should contact him/her to ask for it :)

When you get it go to the MyVolkswagen portal on the Volkswagen Ireland website and fill in the details

The VIN Number I think is only available when the car is actually built

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Or sell both and buy a Honda E, e208, Corsa E, Hyundai ioniq, Kia E soul. There's more options than ice/ID4/leaf

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

That is very true, decisions decisions...

Thanks for your input

Unless they have modified the software to manage battery temp for charging and allowing more power above 20-30% the most you'll see is 50-60 Kw, and currently, the only way seemingly to get anything even remotely close to even 100 Kw Kw is to plug in at 10% or less regardless of battery temp but even plugging in at 37% I see no more than 50 Kw on ESB 150 KW charger or 60 Kw on ionity. So what they really should do is advertise only time to get to 80% because it took me 35 mins to get just 28 Kwh last Friday evening on ESB 150 Kw charger, granted battery temp was only 13 deg max but no way to heat it either despite having the hardware. I also have 77 Kwh, id.3 but maybe, just maybe you'll have better chance they did something to get much better charge time than me. \

Just lucky I have so much range to begin with and as a result won't be fast charging much but so far charging the id3 77 Kwh has been a gigantic let down at fast chargers.

Noticed the app now shows charging in km/h and also kW.

Charging locations seems to have also synced with the car too. I don't use that feature for charging, but I set it to warm the car after 5 a side (finally a use for location based climate settings).

Map can also be used to search for 100kW+ units, but the way they visually represent the results is terrible, really hard to see, and sometimes depends on zoom level.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭Old diesel

That's actually not bad imo.

Its about 310 kms range yet includes 3 departures from cold - your home, your inlaws and the hotel.

Shows that an EV journey can be relatively hassle free even with the cars not being quite there yet on things like winter efficiency.

• Advertisement

If I charged at the in laws I wouldn't if needed the pit stop.

Both the charging situation at the in laws at the hotel will only get better as EVs become more mainstream.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aspasp1

any recommendations for Dashcam (front+rear). I am thinking of Nextbase 422 GW for my ID 4, thoughts?

Consider how it's powered. Id4 doesn't have a convenient power supply for a dash cam. I have mine powered off a odbii to USB adaptor. Rear would be ok, 12v socket there.

No real recommendation though. I've a cheap and cheerful yicam, front only. Happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭eagerv

I have a Thinkware front and back system permanently wired in to fuse box on my ID.3. Always on standby and have set up so will record if any movement to car when parked up. I have disabled the motion detector because too many files, recorded every time someone walked by car. Got it installed by a pro installer in Waterford, recommended by VW.

A few pics from a post last year.. https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/115256360/#Comment_115256360

Right choosing a charger now to be ready for January. What’s everyone using for their said ID 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭hold my beer

I'm going to need one too. Anyone use pv panels on their house? Is there anything to be considered about how to set it up with a BEV?

The ID.4 SUCKS at managing its scheduled charging. It's a simple feature, but they absolutely butchered it, and last I tried it cannot be relied upon. Thus... get a charge point which can manage scheduling of charging.

If you have panels on your house, look at the zappi, or I think the EVBox Elvi can do solar too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Car arrives on Thursday. Find it quite hard to believe really 😁

• Advertisement

Had to use my heated mirrors this morning for the first time. That was a fun luxury 😁

Or set it to auto via the app.

You clearly don't get up as early as ourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Anyone want to give me the pros and cons of this V the Niro?

looking at getting an electric car in the new year

when I say getting, I obviously mean ordering

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Niro is a good bit cheaper and probably easier to get/sooner to get

Id.4 is much bigger inside and out

Id.4 boot is much bigger if that's a requirement

Id.4 has a towing capacity

Id.4 has a bigger battery

Niro has a new version coming out in 2023 I think also so the current one will be the old one in a year's time.

Both are great cars though.

Probably not fair to compare the two really. The Niro would be better compared to Kona electric, Peugeot e2008, Mokka-e and even the Ioniq or Leaf.

Pro:

Bigger boot, more practical, more modern, better looking, faster charging

Con:

More expensive, less warranty, less features as standard, less economical, less "production ready" software

If it were my money, and the eNiro suited me, i'd try get a second hand model rather than spending high 40s at least on an ID.4, or low 40s on a new eNiro with little to add from a second hand model.

EDIT. I see the eNiro is getting a revamp in 2022. Looks nice. If the money is similar to the current eNiro it'd be worth a look.

The Niro is much smaller. And doesn’t have wireless airlines pay/android auto.

The niro is being updated this year. So unless you wait for a new one the resale price won’t be as good.

Just watch out for the pricing on the E-Niro, when I was looking into one last year the price on the website was about €2k below the OTR price.

Kia had raised the price on the 2021 model without updating the website. There's also a €1600 delivery fee which seemed a bit steep

Best to talk directly to a dealership to get accurate prices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

I've never had any success with sending destinations to the car from the WeConnectID app, most of the time it never appeared on the car or if it did it was days after sending which is useless.

Saw the comment below on an ID forum from the app developers, didn't realise the car can only hold one destination at a time - is that standard enough for other manufacturers as well?....we are working hard on a solution.....yadayadayada...

Destination import function always provides only one destination for a download by your vehicle. Should you send another destination to your vehicle before you have used a previously sent destination for navigation or stored it as a favourite, then this first destination is replaced.

Currently, you may also experience some delays or malfunctions in the transmission of destinations to your navigation system. We are working hard on a solution for this.

We apologise for the inconveniences caused and we hope for your patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Yeah that's never worked well for me either

• Advertisement

I have the preheating set to run every morning, but often I don't need the car until later and it has cooled down

All this cheap electricity is making for some bad habits 🙂

Advertisement