Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP LaserJet printer disappears from network

Options
  • 12-12-2021 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭

I have an HP LaserJet 1025nw Printer which is connected to my PC through the home wi-fi network. I had it for a few years now.

It's a good printer over all and I'm quite satisfied with it, apart from the annoying fact that it disappears from the network every now and then, especially when it turns on after a power outage or a very long time without using it.

The printer is powered through an APC UPS, which powers my NAS, router and PC as well, but they never go off during a black-out, unlike the printer, which is a mystery.

So, every time the printer disappears from the network, I have to uninstall it from the devices list, uninstall the driver and then reinstall everything. I've been through this process at least 20 times in the last 5 years. I think it isn't normal.

What advice do you have about this issue?

Furthermore, today I tried printing, the printer wasn't found (same old story) though it was on and visible in the devices list. So I removed it from the list and tried to uninstall the driver, but it says a print process is active and the uninstalling can't go on. I ran CCleaner, cleared the registry and all, turned the PC and printer off and on twice. No processes are active in the printer page. But still I can't go on uninstalling it.

What other advice do you have about this different issue?

Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement