Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Of Duty 2020 Black Ops Cold War News and Rumurs

15678911»

Comments

I'm in a server queue to play campaign??? Thats fairly ****e tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

I'm in a server queue to play campaign??? Thats fairly ****e tbf.

Yeah its all down since after lunchtime,across all platforms

Is it normal for multi player to drop to 30fps? Very janky on a large TV its barely playable without feeling like puking. It seems to be only sometimes though, I thought it depended on the map but its not that. Maybe it lowers to the lowest common denominator if someone in the game is playing on a last gen console? Is there any way to filter this out? Like I said, makes the game fairly unplayable for me.

I'm on Series X.

Edit: looks like a bug. I went into settings and 120fps was disabled. Went into xbox settings and 120fps was on. Went back into the game and all good now. Didn't actually change anything but seems it hadn't picked up the 120fps setting from the xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

Right , complete N00b to Call of Duty here bit i did get Cold War at Xmas.

I only ever play online with my buddies in a team death match or a hardcore free for all .

What is the best and quickest way for me to be able to get better guns ?

Do i just need to keep playing to work my way up the ranks or do you need to purchase them separately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I only ever play online with my buddies in a team death match or a hardcore free for all .

Do i just need to keep playing to work my way up the ranks or do you need to purchase them separately?

You just have to grind it out unfortunately or you could buy a named weapon through a pack that will have the later unlocks but I find them don't have all the attachments that are of use.

Keep an eye out as they regularly have double XP weekends that you can grind out the guns a lot quicker.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Double XP weekend starts this evening for PS4 players and tomorrow for everyone else.

https://www.gfinityesports.com/black-ops-cold-war/call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war-warzone-double-xp-weekend-date-time-ps4-xbox-one-series-x-pc-ps5/

I made the mistake at the start of playing with loads of weapons and never levelling any up. If I was beginning again I would pick 1 from each class and concentrate on that first. As a lot of the weapons are really improved with the later attachments (such as the last handle and Stock for the SMGs/ARs) as opposed to the later weapons being the best. I generally run the 3rd barrel on the SMGs and ARs as well for the added range/Velocity boost.

Probably for me it would be

SMGs: ak74/KSP (fell in love with this when getting it gold just remember its a burst not full auto :cool:) but the MP5 when levelled up is great.
    ARs: Ak47/XM4 (these are the first 2 unlocked)
    LMGs: Stoner(First LMG unlocked)
    Tac Rifles: M16 (2nd one unlocked)

Snipers - Who cares :P

Also I find Dom/Hardpoint or tbh just jump into the nuketown playlist is great for levelling up guns. plenty of kills etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

If you play warzone they have a gamemode called kingslayer( not currently playable but it'll come round again.) Basically its deathmatch. Very easy way to level up the weapons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

ewj1978 wrote: »
    If you play warzone they have a gamemode called kingslayer( not currently playable but it'll come round again.) Basically its deathmatch. Very easy way to level up the weapons.

Another easy way to level up weapons in warzone is go into the plunder game mode and land on a helicopter. Then just fly around the map doing supply run contracts. Just make sure whichever weapons you are levelling up is in your hand as at the point of contract completion, the XP goes towards the weapon you have currently selected

Very fast and low stress method of levelling up weapons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Firebase Z on Zombies.

turn on power / pack a punch, stand in the corner of the office building for 30 rounds.

its simple, very effective, but also kinda boring. You'll absolutely melt through the battle pass / xp levels though. if your're hitting your headshots its possible to go up about 20 weapon levels in around an hour also.

check youtube for fast zombies xp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,784 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

My top 3 are:
    Mp5. Smg.
    QBZ-83. Assault
    Stoner. Light machine gun (beast of a gun)

Sniper rifles are my Krypton, always picking me off even when watching a replay that clearly shows that it missed:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Cold War multiplayer is free to play for the next few days on the Xbox, and it’s also on sale if you want to buy it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Playing on Xbox series x

The last few days the game is running unplayable, absolutely shocking bad.

Anyone else having the same experience

I'm just about gonna delete it now

It's awful

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

Playing on Xbox series x

The last few days the game is running unplayable, absolutely shocking bad.

Anyone else having the same experience

I'm just about gonna delete it now

It's awful

I deleted it yesterday I'm done with cold war now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Rx713B wrote: »
    The connection issues and host advantage is ruining the game

Absolute greed to not pay for dedicated servers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Rx713B wrote: »
    Played this mess of a game for one week and uninstalled it. The multiplayer is not fun anymore in COD, hasn't been for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Works fine for me on PlayStation and a hell of lot more fun the Treyarch's last effort Black Ops 4. I usually play an hour of this and an hour of Modern Warfare Shoot the ship for the clans daily hour of double XP and to get the daily challanges done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I'm still playing Nuketown 24/7. I've got ARs, SMGs and LMGs up to Diamond and I've started on the TRs.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

Works fine for me on PlayStation and a hell of lot more fun the Treyarch's last effort Black Ops 4. I usually play an hour of this and an hour of Modern Warfare Shoot the ship for the clans daily hour of double XP and to get the daily challanges done.

Jaysis black ops 4 was bad also - Treyarch need to hang up the boots me thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Homelander

There was no way I was keeping both Modern Warfare and Cold War installed, but I genuinely miss Modern Warfare, it's undoubtedly the far better game. Cold War is decent, but nothing more.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,571 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Season 4 has started now it seems.

Major issue I'm having is that the game crashes out 75% of the time. Getting really annoying. Happened during the week in BR Solos with 6 left and it went back to the Xbox screen.

Edit: Scrap that. Doesn't load 100% of them time. Seventh time trying now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭CptMonkey

I’m still playing this but only as I have nothing else that scratched the itch. Hopefully battlefield will be good. Need a break from cod for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

Would anyone be able to explain.. ive been using the bullfrog for the past week. But yet all the attachments are still locked.. if I look at the mill stop reflex for example, it says "unlocks at weapon level 7" but in the top right corner of the screen, I'm seeing "Weapon level 35". So shouldn't I have access to it already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

same for me on couple of guns.

assume its cause i havent purchased the new game.

I don't think that's the reason as I bought the new game.. (which is pretty poor I must add)

Advertisement