Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing Dog in through Dublin Port

• 08-12-2021 10:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi, I can't find the answer anywhere online. I have all the details on Tapeworm, Vaccine etc. However I am just wondering where I go with my dog when I get off the boat in my car at Dublin Port from Holyhead? Is there a separate queue to show the paperwork etc. or what do we do? It might seem like a daft question but I have tried to phone and sent an email last week but getting no response. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Lane 4 when getting off Stena, don't know if it's the same for Irish Ferries. There is a sign of a dog on the overhead gantry with the lane numbers. You probably won't get out of your vehicle, just have the pet passport to hand, show the rabies and then the worming pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Springwell

You're directed to the Dept of Ag yard for checking, same place horseboxes etc go.

I got off a ferry on Tuesday morning, and just went into lane 4, showed the passports through the window and drove on

I've been though 4 times since January, yard for checks every time.

I'm genuinely interested as a friend had the same experience as me, just into lane 4, as you drove off the ferry at what point were you sent into the yard? Nobody was really bothered about me, if I'd taken the "pets on board" thing off my mirror I think I could just have driven straight through. Did they look at the dog(s)?

When I came through the new antigen test requirements had just come in, so maybe that's what they were concentrating on? Although that was checked at the next checkpoint by the Gards rather than customs.

• Advertisement

At the first check point where they look at covid stuff etc (not the Garda one). Asked if we had animals in vehicle, said yes and sent to the yard which is right over on the left hand side of the port. From there you have to come back out to go through Garda/customs check.

Once all dogs chips checked against passports, twice a quick look at passports and waved on without looking at the dogs

Would have had 2-5 dogs travelling for competition each time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,106 ✭✭✭✭josip

Came through last August, arrived midnight, HGVs in the 2 lanes to the right of us, couldn't easily get across to lane 4 and kept moving along with the cars in front of us. Don't think we were checked at all but definitely nothing dog-related. Have been back in through the airport since and a Dept Ag inspection there and no mention/questions, so I don't know if it's a biggie if you miss it.

Advertisement