Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

All gold cards drop all year, bit by bit. That’s just the nature of them. I lost about 50k on Mbappe, but I had a few days of fun with him. So, you’ve got to factor in, do you want the player and the experience they bring, or do you want digital currency that will be worthless in a few months?

Keane looks lovely and cheap.

might do the mid Icon pack for a lark too. I’ve got so much fodder…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Any shout for a linked cb and lb , best pairing you can think of any league ?

Always get tempted to do the Random Icon SBCs. Then softly put the fodder into the highest rated squad and realized how awful the value is for a lottery pull, so don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

That was me with the last repeatable base icon upgrade… said **** it anyway, not much else to do. Got Vieira.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

My WL rewards were absolutely terrible. It's an awful lot of effort to qualify then play 20 games for nothing worthwhile whatsoever.

Both my red picks were players I've never heard of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Did the base/mid icon with the fodder I had and got mid Ashley Cole.

Very happy with that as Mendy is turning it on a liability recently and by all accounts Cole is supposed to be fairly cracked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

Got base Rio Ferdinand. Selling for 650 so all good I think. Although on stats comparison he's about the same as 20k Kimpembe 😂. Happy enough though as a big fan of his back in the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Going to hold off until i see what Icons are available in Swaps (although I imagine will be shíte like last year and will do the lottery pack anyway) but think I will have to do Keane for that price. It's so affordable I am suspicious he's awful and EA are baiting us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Sold up Mbappe and tore through the Everton and Taglioficco objs last night way quicker than I thought I would. I know everybody else only had bit part squads too, but I played 424 since I only had decent Argentinian forwards and it was loads of fun blowing teams away. Seriously making me rethink my main squad even though I know 424 would mostly likely get creamed in qualifiers with all the zero depth.

I could also find renowned rivals friendlies in seconds which is making me think that the long rivals matchmaking is down to a dwindling player base…..

What version of the cards did people pick?

• Advertisement

200k Roy Keane likely to be an upgrade on Tonali?

Icon leagues / nations doesn't matter, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Have to say my pack luck from previous hero/icon sbcs had my expectations higher than i usually would have them. So i was blindsided when 90 Nesta walks out ffs. He costs about 180k for a 370k sbc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I went with fire Everton and ice Tagliafico, very easy to get them.

I went back to CR7 up front in my main squad, that Jesus fire card isn't as good as him and not worth the 1 million price tag.

POTM Vinicious Jr is insane!

This is my current rat pack team!!

Maybe so, but I still get a win in Elite division 😔

I got to within 1 win of Div1 again then lost 2. There's a glass ceiling I just can't bust through.

I think I need a brand new formation and tactics, the 4-2-3-1 is seeing me get swamped when attacking.

What other formations have you tried? 4222 is decent for me. 352 is the most attacking but I keep getting caught on counter attacks with it.

I tried 4-3-2-1 but didn't really like it.

Tried 3-5-2 but I don't believe Serie A has the defenders for it. I kept getting countered. Also had issues trying to get a suitable partner for Di Natale up top, I think RB Arnautovic is probably the best candidate. I also tried  Solskjaer on 7 chem and he was rubbish.

4-2-2-2 and 4-1-2-1-2 were the next ones on my list to try. Thing is I have Chiesa, Politano and Insigne who are all wide players who can't be converted to CAM / CM, so not sure how much that will affect things.

I'd generally play one of the wingers up front or CAM in the 41212 and the other as a midfielder on get forward instructions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I have a fairly different team but do have Fekir and Vini, I started similar to you but actually swapped them to have Vini on the wing and Fekir up front, found it worked better. Vinis pace helped on the wing and Fekir has that weird strength BS factor that helps in the box

This is my current team, everyone is on 10 chem:

Sitting on about 2m coins but not really sure where to go with it. I have untradeable Salah so probably swap Salah in for Saka and get a top CM in for Defrel and swap them

• Advertisement

Could stick Politano up front for a left foot and right foot option.

Chiesa in at CAM.

Dybala and Vidal/Barella in the 2

Tonali in the CDM.

I clench when i see teams with that Fekir and Benzema special card double up

I had to guess your defence but you could setup like so, have Vidal and Tonali on stay back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

once you have a starting formation for chem you can move them wherever you like, chiesa would probably be good up top id guess.

This is almost what I had in my head. I'll give it a lash.

Have you tried the 352 from this video - Why 3-5-2 is the NEW BEST Meta Formation To Give You Wins (TACTICS) - FIFA 22 - YouTube

I used this for last weekend league having been 4231 from the start and it helped me go 12-4 when usually i would scrape to a 12-8 in the last few games. Come back on defense on 1 striker and both wide midfielders helps with the countering. You just need to sub the wide fellas out at about 60mins as they will be wrecked.

Yea I tried but couldn't get to grips with it. I don't think I have the defenders for it, and wasn't impressed with my wide players either. Feel you really need the H/H for it to work and lots of pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Davy05

The further up you go in divisions the less fun this game becomes. Not because of the difficulty curve of other players, but rather the negative tactics they use. I've had so many matches were it's just possession based keep ball, death by sideways pass.

I wouldn't mind but my team are all ordinary gold rated players. I've met so many toxic players who have Ronaldo or Mbappe up front but who still don't wanna try play any ball. Like for both parties i really don't understand the mentality because it can't possibly be fun.

It's just frustrating when you've only got so much time to dedicate to the game and you find yourself stuck in these matches again and again.

So Politano at ST in a 4-1-2-1-2 works…

• Advertisement

In other news I’ve won three games in the elite division 😱

Advertisement