Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,618 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Latest confirmated

Erica Cody.

Nicolas Roche.

Missy Keating.

Billy McGuinness and Nina Carberry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Still waiting for the retired GAA star to appear on the lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I've a feeling that there's gonna be a lot of "Who da f** is dat?" at the start of this series. The only one of the above I wouldn't have to google is Nicolas Roche. Just as well that the "Star" aspect of the show isn't really all that important.

Cathy Kelly!

• Advertisement

Final two.

Jordon Conroy and Matthew MacNabb.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

"stars"

Shameful for RTE as a national broadcaster to lose most of the sporting rights and then pay these nobodies 3k a week...

Thought yer wan Erica Coady looked familar. She's the one who played the race card last year when she had a public spat with Versatile.

From RTE:

Star status: Erica Cody is one of the brightest new stars to breakthrough into the Irish music industry in recent years. In 2020, Erica was one of the most prominent voices in Ireland amid the Black Lives Matter protests. She was named one of Irish Country Magazine's Women to Watch in 2020. Erica was part of the Irish collective of female singers and musicians, Irish Women in Harmony, who recorded a version of Dreams by The Cranberries. Proceeds went to a charity which deals with domestic abuse which rose significantly during the Covid-19 lockdown.

What are RTE smoking? One of the brightest new stars to breakthrough? One might expect the next sentence to list a song or two that did well, got played on the radio or did well in the charts....but no, it's "she was a voice during the Black Lives Matter protests".

She was named one of Irish Country Magazine's Women to Watch in 2020

Big publication! A whole 10k twitter followers. 😂We're in 2022 and I don't think 99.9% of Irish people would have ever heard of her. Some claim to fame...being "one to watch" 2 years ago in some nobodies blog.

Her biggest claim to fame is being part of a choir that released one cover song. lol

RTE are embarrassing. Another tick the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Agree 100%, box ticking exercise. Anyone who supports blm shouldn't be let near the media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I remember when that happened. She videoed the whole thing and posted it on Instagram. She was in her car completely freaking out because done other car drive into the carpark and was hanging around. The versatile fella even had his bird in the car with him, so whatever they were doing she was also a part of it, so I doubt they were doing much other than a bit of messing. And Cody had a big written spiel about it all of how she was being victimised and bullied. Now I don’t know really what went on between these 2 but she made an awful hullabaloo about this carpark incident, and she got a lot of attention and sympathy from the woke warmy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

I highly doubt they get all get paid 3k a week?

Matthew MacNabb has Covid.

As does Emily Barker which means Aengus Mac Grianna is isolating.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,878 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I presume this show is live? Are they going to bring an audience in until 8pm and then feck them out for the last half hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭fits

I didn’t know any of the folks on strictly either but it was a good show this year. Not sure I’ll bother with this now

3k a week was the figure for everyone when it started. It's probably up to 4k now.

They do it to compensate the contestants for missed earning opportunities...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

Maybe that’s true but I would of thought Grainne Seoige would command a higher fee than Erica Coady? I’d be surprised if they were all getting the same fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,221 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

This is going to be a glorious slow motion of a car wreck that will have very little to do with dancing in the end.

Ginger, get the Popcorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

OK Arther needs to either cut his hair or shave but having both is just wrong. It looks like he is too mean too buy anything or go anywhere.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

They did well with the stars this year.

• Advertisement
    Ms

I am up for Grainne and the first I want to see leave or at least one of the first is Neil Delemare can't stand him.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,383 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That Italian judge, whoever he is, was just a little bit too excited when being introduced!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Where is Ellen Keane?

Ms

That gold dress on Jennifer is beautiful but it could be more beautiful if it was symmetrical.

She is still looking amazing anyway.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Utterly shocking tbh. I know Nicholas Roche but I wouldnt refer to him as a star. I presume Missy Keaiting is one of Ronans. Wtf has she done to warrant inclusion.

Jesus christ. If they cant get bigger names then just pull the show. Typical waste of our money. Nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Arthur is Brian Dowling hubby.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Maryanne40

Well I'm going to do my best to enjoy it anyway. Strictly was great this year, though I hardly knew any of them before it started. I like the new Italian judge; I hope Julian is ok though and wish him the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Jennifers voice is hurting my ears

Advertisement