Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

Well, It's rather a long story but I had an issue with radio interference and they kept denying it was their charge point even though the video evidence was clear as a bell when the Zappi was turned on and clear when the Wallbox was connected, the noise wasn't there with the wallbox but I really should have reported it to Comreg and Ofcom because while it has the potential to wipe out internet connectivity also or cause intermittent disconnection issues because this noise travels down the mains wiring of the house and onto the grid and into other homes.

I was really, really shocked with one of the head People at myenergi, sure the sent a replacement which was exactly the same and when proven it caused the same issue they were absolutely not willing to accept it was their beloved zappi. Instead they sent me tonnes of tech specs and tests their charger passed but I know this is BS, they send a sample off but change the design of production products.

I had similar issue in my Mothers with a FAAC gate controller power supply and called up FAAC in City West and they said, oh really ? wow, sorry to hear that, let me send your installer a new board with a different power supply from a different manufacturer we now use and let me know if it fixes your issue, which it did, I was very impressed but couldn't get over the attitude from myenergi despite clear evidence, they were that brazen then even said the issue must be to do with the wiring in my house despite showing them evidence that the wallbox did not cause the same issue.

Anyway, as I said, long story but issue or not with Zappi, the wallbox is a "lot" smaller and neater on the wall than the Zappi and a "lot" easier to use with the App. No one else here seems to want anything else but Zappi but having used the 2 I'd always recommend the wallbox just for it's simplicity alone.

The other issue is that if someone has an issue with internet dropouts or radio interference caused by the Zappi or any other electronic device, bad cheap no name led bulbs for instance but not limited to zappi and led bulbs and Comreg figure out it's coming from a particular zappi or electronic device they can make someone remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I like it but I can see how someone would look at it and see an Austin Princess

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

So I got a call from the dealer and he said there should be an early delivery of our premium plus order around the 4th week of January. It was originally forecasted to be around March. So was pretty surprised it will be next month.

This the first brand new car we actually buying and want to know the general protocol/process with dealers. Some of these questions might be a bit silly 🙂

I'm planning to take out a loan from an Post instead of going through dealers HP. How does dealers usually take the full payment?

When collecting the car are there certain things to bring or need to bring to show the dealer?

Regarding insurance, do we need to take out an insurance for the new car before collecting it?

About the SEAI grant. Can this grant be applied at any time before owning the new car?

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

It probably on this I think it's due in Dublin on the 19th of Jan

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/MORNING-LADY-IMO-9445980-MMSI-441467000

You can draw down the loan either cheque or straight transfer to the dealer.

Don't think you need to bring anything unless you haven't met the dealer previous to this if then maybe ID.

Yes you have to insure it the dealer will have a reg before you collect it so get details off him. Maybe need to look at gap gap insurance also if you choose it (some people don't) means if you crash it you'll get the value of new one instead of market value of 2nd hand car.

The dealer applies for the grant they get your details. You apply for the charger grant if your installing one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Going to have a look at the Ioniq 5 in the next few days. Can anyone with one confirm whether the front passenger seat has an isofix point? On the spec sheet it says it has one but elsewhere online it doesn't. The EV6 doesn't have one and both are similar cars so just want to confirm before I have a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

It reminds me of the Vel satis or the Avantine. Truly unique designs but their allure faded quickly so that now few people can even recall them.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭The Mist

No, no Isofix on the front. You can squeeze in 3 seats in the back though, I've seen a couple of videos, this is probably the best:

https://youtu.be/1oDsmnO0ACA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

That's a pity as they have it listed in the spec on hyundai.ie

It's not a complete deal breaker but we have it in our current car and find it very handy, adds nice flexibility to move kids around when needs be.

Cheers for the link and answers 🙂 Would never knew there's a site for tracking vehicle shipment.

Regarding paying for the car. From googling around most either take bank transfer or a bank draft. I guess it's easier with bank draft as bank transfer is limited to 10k daily limit with AIB.

About loans. Is it advisable to take out the loan once the dealer has the car or should it be done well before? I doubt I will refuse to take the car at this point but I find it a bit nervous taking out a loan on something that we haven't seen in person. (Aside from the premium version we test drove at the dealer)

The bank/post office would transfer directly to the dealers account. You can apply for the loan stays open 60 days and drawn down when you need.

I would think there's a 14 cooling off period if your not happy also so could get money back.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

Looks like a last minute change to the ship schedule. Looks like it is going to UK first, now due in DUB on the 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭eltoastero

I queried this with Hyundai directly back in September and they amended the website and brochure (to remove the "front passenger isofix" tick). Weird that it's back (I doubt they've added the ISOFIX point to 2022 versions).

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

Did you have to put any money into the credit union or anything? No idea how it works, only been with Ulster Bank.

How quickly after joining could you apply and how long did approval take? Do you have to live local?

One in Loughrea not open today so need to wait until tomorrow to call. We do have a more local Credit Union but it doesn't offer the recharge rate, just the 6.99%

Cheers 🙂

As for motor tax, I assume it's the same deal like wirg insurance where we sort it out once the dealer has the deatils?

The dealer asked me to send over our MPRN number for registering.

A bit to activate the account. Had it approved inside a week as had all the paper work already from my Tesla finance approval

That's not good UK gobbling up some of the Irish allocation?

Doubt it, all the vehicles bound for Ireland will have been assigned to customers already. I have my VIN already so can't see it changing, also the trim levels are very different between markets.

I was optimistic that if it landed in port tomorrow it would be looking good for a first week of Jan delivery. Now it's been delayed a week and they're landing very close to xmas I'm not as hopeful!

Yeah have my VIN too, just nervous as burnt by other possible cars since last may. Tesla were a nightmare, UK were getting others of the same spec in less than 4 weeks were my current delivery date is March, which is 7 months after I ordered. I still have it open as they don't return any deposits.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

i went back to my dealer with above info, dealer confirmed 15th Jan with worst case scenario - so seems all good - have the VIN number too..

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭thunderbolt

Has anyone heard anything from dealers about the upgraded version with slightly bigger battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭marc1

So good news! Dealer confirmed the car has arrived, they are getting it ready for January pickup. :-). I assumed it was on the boat that was diverted to the UK, but apparently it's been in Ireland for a week.

Kind of giddy now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,347 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nobby has had the car for a week, here is his review. Solid as usual:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I watched his EV6 review the other day , I think i actually prefer the Hyundai , both very appealing

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭marc1

Premium, black, light interior, RWD, 73kWh.

It was one that was pre-ordered by the dealer. At the time he had 5 cars coming in, 3 of which were sold. Luckily I wanted the black.

The white interior is stunning, the car I test drove had it. If I didn't have 2 small feral kids I'd have gone for it 😂

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Cold days and a short trip to a DC charger (so cold battery) and you can forget about high speed charging

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement