Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Late to this. It may well have been more than 15 minutes as I was in a meeting. So maybe just felt like 15 mins. But trust me I have a pre-facelift and it cost me 181 all in. I can email you the receipt if you want 😜

Not sue if you got yours already. I went with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 when I got my rears replaced earlier this year. Pretty happy with those.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Cheers for the update garo. I think I will let Tesla do the job so when the time comes, not going to spend several hours trying to get that old battery out myself 😂

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Deposit paid, on order, so I'll stick with the Primacy 4's as lower rolling resistance and quieter (on paper anyhow)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Yeah I was seriously considering both Primacy 4 and Pilot Sport 4. The acoustic foam has divided opinions with many people saying it's not worth the premium. But tbh I don't think it really matters. I paid 510 for the rears at the local shop with them buying and installing.

If it makes you feel any better my car came with a mix of Primacy3 and and the Goodyear Eagle A/S 5s. I still have one of each on the front. Doesn't bother me and I haven't noticed anything untoward. And no crabbing here either even though we have a tight right and reverse to get out of the driveway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Saw that last night. The door handle is pretty desperate. Not sure how he didn't spot the missing boot cover. He must have accepted the car without even opening the boot. That's just dumb. It's his 4th Tesla, you'd think he would know at this stage to have a good look around and check all is well. Mind any of those issues will be sorted by Tesla without quibble under warranty of course.

I think there's a separate thread for the Plaid because it really is a different beast. I also follow Will on YT, he's out there, gone from living in a van to falling over with money so that Plaid was bought from less than one months income, good luck to him.

That door though, that's bad, that constant wirring/clicking was a Gen 2 trait which they don't make anymore so is a bit confusing.

There is an excellent Tesla Door handle Gen 1 - 3 and the improvements they have made so I'd say poor ole Will is an outlier in terms of handle failure.

As Unkel says, Tesla will replace it on his driveway straight away, mine failed a few months back at the weekend and I reported it on Monday and they replaced it on my driverway with Gen 3 on the Wednesday.

So the Primacy 4 (acoustics) were fitted a few minutes ago, very short drive home and no crabbing when I was hard lock reversing into driveway (this was the worst place it constantly happened)

Oh, and no noticeable "noise" difference, think was within 2db of previous tyres

• Advertisement

Cheers slave1. They're the only ones on my short list then for when the time comes 😁

Any link to where you got them, or how much you paid for them, can't remember if you mentioned this already

€1040 fitted/balanced from local tyre place, wasn't worth the savings doing it online

A few minute google and the best I can find was Oponeo, who have them for €248 shipped, so including fitting and disposing of the old tyres (€15 per corner) that would be €1052. So looks like you got a very good local price!

Who was that with, a chain or an indy?

I sent off an inquiry to Tyreland as I like the company, I'll post with what they quote

Indy, Tyre Brigade, Athlone, nice guys

Fudging hell. I'm in the wrong profession. Does he make all that money from his videos? Crazy times.

He earns a lot from simple books he published re PV and batteries, monetarised YT earnings are roughly $2.5k per million views

Here’s the video on evolution of Model S door handle

https://youtu.be/Bea4FS-zDzc

Guys, recent update to car allows pre-conditioning of battery for non Tesla high power chargers but when I put in Ionity Athlone as destination nothing happened? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

2015 Model S

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

To precondition you must be in a condition where the car thinks it needs to precondition, and that it can safely precondition.

If the battery temp is already in the 40's it may not preheat. If your SOC is below 20 it may not preheat. If your predicted SOC on arrival is over 35-40 it will not preheat. Or the tesla nav may have not put that Ionity as a HPC correctly.

Was on the way back from Dublin so only criteria missing is the last piece, I must put my Scanmytesla back in car, had to take it out when in SC few weeks back

• Advertisement

No jurisdiction here obviously, but long time coming US class action suit against Tesla software updates that reduced usable battery size and charge speeds especially the 85 packs. Date set for June 22.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/16030151/54/rasmussen-v-tesla-inc/

Out for long drive to Sligo today, car much quieter on the new N4 stretch with these tyres

Some potentially interesting consumption figures on the S. Heating set to 22c this weather requires 240w to maintain. Fully heated seat requires 65w.

Yeah heating kills the range. Especially if you are traffic, you see the W/km go up up and up. I hit 390W/km on a slow drive into town the other day. In the summer I have seen as low as 160.

That's the Tesla departure tax, very high for short journeys

It's the drawback with having 11kW+ power of heating (depending on model and year) and also battery heating needed.

Tesla very aggressive on BMS, I had a 45 minute trip this evening, not that cold out and when I arrived the regen was still restricted

Yes I think they brought in much more restrictive BMS this time last year. It wasnt always like that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You M3 owners make me laugh with your efficient motors :D

i hit mid 500’s on short journey in this weather (2016 MSP90DL) :D

• Advertisement

Not an M3 owner. Mine is a plain vanilla Model S. I was talking medium length journeys. Short journeys can be higher. I haven't see 500s but defo seen 400s.

Advertisement