Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instant Pot Cooker 60% off on Amazon

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Well, it means you don't have to wash one pot out while you continue cooking.

However, there's a good way of avoiding the burn, especially when making anything with tinned tomatoes. Always leave the tomatoes until just before you're closing the lid, pour on top and DON'T stir! Never get burn now.
    A tip I picked up from Jamie Oliver: if you are making something that will have a decent length of time simmering or in a slow cooker, and, I guess, an Instant Pot - he suggests using tinned plum tomatoes rather than chopped. He says when tomatoes are chopped inevitably some of the seeds will get cut and they are bitter. So often now when making bolognese sauce or something in the slow cooker I'll use plum tomatoes and just give them the odd stir - they'll break up gently all by themselves and no bitter cut seeds! I notice American recipes often call for "crushed" tomatoes - wonder if that's a different process to chopped or if it's just different name for the same thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭vidapura

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭vidapura

Found this website with a wealth of Instant pot articles and recipes...

Thought ye might like a look...

https://food52.com/tags/instant-pot?page=1

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Instant Pot Duo Crisp + Air Fryer, 6L Multicooker (22% off)

Works out at £127.08 or €151.16

I believe this is a one day offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Never got around to using this and it's still in it's box.

It's back up to £80 on Amazon, anybody interested in it for the deal price of €70?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

What do people cook with theirs and how long does it take roughly?

Got mine through a bargain I spotted on here and rarely used it.

I'm interested in the pressure cooker part and my girlfriend is interested in the slow cooker part. But I've read the lack of moisture escape isn't great for slow cooking.

Instant Pot sell a lid that's just like a regular glass saucepan lid with a vent hole. Has anyone used this, or just another random lid for slow cooking?

Already bought the vortex plus air fryer and love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,852 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

bought one 2 plus years ago, still in the box. Will get around to trying it out at some stage !!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

i use the pressure cooker, have a recipe book for it but lots online too. 'Paella', rice dishes, soups, pasta dishes, curries - mine is all veggie so no idea how to cook meats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,063 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I've heard mixed reports about the Instant Pot as a slow cooker, but if you are using that function you're supposed to leave the pressure valve open which should allow steam to escape. I'm not sure what difference using the special lid would make, slow cookers are fairly sealed and cook at a low temp anyway so there's not much steam.

Everything we used to do in the Slow Cooker (which I gave away) we now do in the Instant Pot under pressure, you get the same result but quicker and with less of a tendency for everything to turn to mush (this is mostly based on doing casseroles, curries etc, never done pulled pork or anything like that).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I do everything I used to slow cook in it except now its under pressure and much quicker with the same results. Typical dishes I use it for are chilli, beef stew, pulled Mexican pork for tacos and this chicken satay recipe. There is a soup setting as well so I use it as a soup maker. I also came across this Indian Instant Pot cook book and have been working through some of the recipes from it. So far the butter chicken is definitely getting added to the rotation.

Regards cooking times for chicken it needs about 8-10 minutes under pressure. With tougher red stewing meat for something like a chilli it needs around 40 minutes to get the meat fork tender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,063 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

cooked a mushroom/veg risotto in mine last night - came out really nice; loosely based on a couple of recipes I found online (you could also add prawns or peas if you wished):

serves 4 or 5

• Onion x1
    • garlic x3
    • Courgette x1
    • Carrots x2 (or 1 big carrot)
    • 300g Mushrooms (I used chestnut)

Fry up the veg in that order on "sauté" until they're soft, then add:

• 400g arborio risotto rice
    • 500 ml veg stock
    • 200 ml white wine
    • Salt, pepper, rosemary

6 mins @ high pressure, then quick release

Stir in a decent amount of grated parmesan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,837 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Instant Pot and Air Fryer Duo and Pro Duo are on special today. Seems to be the cheapest they've ever been (or at least as equally cheap as they have ever been):

From £99 for the smaller Duo Crisp and £200 for the larger Duo Crisp Pro:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Instant-Pot-Multicooker-Sousvides-dehydrates/dp/B08VNPVFWW/ref=sr_1_1?crid=NXPVR3Y8YD1C&keywords=instant%2Bpot%2Bduo&qid=1639755934&sprefix=instant%2Bpot%2Bduo%2Caps%2C89&sr=8-1&th=1

Advertisement