Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky sports fantasy football 21/22 race to 50k.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

@claw that's great going mate! Yeah just try and keep it steady from now til overhaul!

Up to 359th myself, 29 transfers left but that'll be 27 after getting Kane and Ramsdale in later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

That's the plan anyway! Once I put in Ramsdale in I don't plan on doing any transfers unless a good 3 for 1 or 4 for 2 comes up. Or injuries. Not really sure how many transfers I should have left at overhaul. I had an idea of 20 maybe.

You will definitely be in the top 100 in the next while. Still only early days!

That wasn't fun last night. Watched the Spurs match and Kane wasn't even playing off Son really. Not sure I want to put myself through that again on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I didn’t see the match but I’m losing patience with Kane. Will switch to Ronaldo after Kanes Norwich match (but half considering just making the switch now)

Seriously considering it on Sunday to be honest and to be done with Kane. He isn't playing up top, Son was repeatedly the most forward player for any attack they had. The only issue is Ronaldo gets rested with the quick turnaround in matches. He nearly played all of the 90 last night.

• Advertisement

Yeah I might just be a case of waiting to see the lineups and if Ronaldo starts, do the switch for Kane.

for the Watford Brentford single game, I was planning on giving it a miss but Dennis’ form is hard to ignore. I may get him in for it. Incredibly cheap at 5.5

I have Dennis already. When I was putting Kane in I didn't have the money to do a 1-1 swap so had to put Dennis in as a 2nd transfer. I wanted to keep my expensive defence. For the two matches I have had him it has been a huge differential. A lot of people have a Brentford player already, most of them Mbeumo. Think you are better off with Dennis. Watford are not a bad side going forward, they were unlucky to lose to Chelsea the other night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I can't believe I didn't notice Dennis was only 5.5m until now, it's ridiculous that he's the cheapest striker. I'll be getting him in after the City game, he's a decent player, very direct and pacy and they have a good run of games coming up too.

I was scrambling around looking for a player that was under 6 million to enable Kane and couldn't believe he was that price. The game gets very templatey at times so it's good to have real alternatives that people aren't looking at. I imagine Dennis will become more popular now.

• Advertisement

Guy in 1st has B Silva and maybe Trent as well as Van Dijk so isn't exactly following the template. Miles ahead after today.

Yeah he’s opened up a gap-I’d say he’s used a transfer or 2 to get there

Hope so. I am hoping that when they update the top 10 transfers remaining that I am one of the 10. At least it will give me some idea of what I am up against. I think a few new players in the top 10 in the last week or so have been banging in the transfers.

I’d imagine you’d be in the top end of transfers left in the top 10.

on B. Silva-with Raphinhas upcoming fixtures, I might do the switch next weekend. No extra fixture but we’ll get to see if B. Silva starts

That sounds like a good move. I am looking at Bowen too with their better fixtures coming up. Captaining Raphinha today which is a bit of a gamble. If Kane outscores him fair enough. Didn't want to waste a transfer on Ronaldo yet. Will probably backfire!

Only good thing about Kane blanking again is that we don't have to bother with him again this season!

Leader has Gray aswell which must mean he hung onto him all these weeks when he was injured. Wouldn't surprise me if he had a lot of transfers left. Some score he has got the last week and a half.

I did Gray to ESR a week or two ago. Surprisingly quite a costly move

Was a sensible move to make. I got in Gray and captained as a differential in second team last night so happy with that. Had no one in first team (had planned to get ESR for Raphinha) so felt I got away with it for all intents and purposes. After Richarlison had his second goal chalked off by VAR it was looking like Ramsdale was going to keep a CS which would have been bad for me.

Have we got anyone for Friday's game? I've got Fernandez in goal in 1st team, no one in second team (moved on Mbeumo a few games ago to Son I couldn't deal with any more two pointers...)

Great punt on Gray. I had him till a few weeks ago in both teams and had done well for me but he hadn't done anything for a while so took him out for better options at the time.I have Dennis in my 1st team, no one in the 2nd yet. 5.5 million. 3rd top striker in the game. If nothing else he gives you more money to play around with for the rest of your team.

Post edited by claw on

• Advertisement

True that. Though he'll probably be going to Afcon, no? Might be tricky moving him on at that price. He'll be in a hell of a lot of post overhaul teams.

Assuming you are getting rid of Kane you should have enough to budget a replacement for Dennis when the time comes. There are goals in Watford, they aren't capable of settling for being a defensive team. You could also put in King also I guess, he is worth 7.6m. Easy enough to move on from him. Who would you be replacing for Friday?

I have the Brentford goalie already for Fri in first team, no one in second team but I'll probably keep it that way. King had crossed my mind alright but more as a possible jump off from Gallagher after Palace's single game day against Brighton.

My plan for Friday is Livramento to Dennis. Not too worried (yet) about AFCON-will deal with that if and when it comes for Dennis

That's how I feel with Dennis too. I only have Salah now who is going to AFCON so not worried about using 2 transfers up on removing the 2 of them before overhaul. The aim was to have around 20 transfers at overhaul so I can still use another 6 between now and then.

Any thoughts on Bowen vs B. Silva? Bowen with the better underlying stats and probably guaranteed more starts between now and overhaul but B. Silva prob edging it on form

Looking at Rodri aswell as Bowen and B. Silva. Rodri 46 points in the last 6 matches. A lot of options in midfield at the moment.

Finally I can be part of the average remaining transfers for the top 10! I have 26 so the remaining 9 between them have 164 I guess. The averages are a lot lower than I was expecting.

Made a mess of transfers and captains over the weekend:

Raphinha -> Bowen (it was a toss up between Raphinha and ESR. Went Raphinha out over ESR given Leeds fixtures)

Kane -> Nobody. I had thought the United game was also on Sunday so missed getting Ronaldo in.

Captained Bowen over Gallagher on Sunday.

A drop of approx 50% in rank overall.

The one silver lining for my own team is the United game getting called off today-I still have Kane so might do Kane to TAA on Thursday.

Could also just keep Kane if Spurs play on Thursday.

• Advertisement

How many transfers do you have left? If you only used one over the weekend you must be doing alright there.

Advertisement