Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

https://twitter.com/ImADuckQuackk/status/1470450648139407369?t=fT7LL3Mt98M1SB7Eh4LsYQ&s=19

Post edited by Mr Moon on

Unsure why it won't paste in, but the above are the list of players/packs available in the upcoming icon swaps.

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Lads Politano as a left striker is unbelievable. Possibly as good as Di Natale. He is lethal.

Post edited by awec on

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Had my biggest comeback win of the year last night. 5-0 down after 25 mins. Was just about to rage quit after his 5th goal, only he paused it instead of me. Then the stubbornness kicked in, i made it 5-1 just before half time and i went on to win 7-5. Love this game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

prime zambrotta was great last year. most longevity for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Don't think I've done Icon Swaps before, is it difficult or grindy to get all of the tokens or is it something that any decent player can manage?

I did the random icon packs & fodder packs last year, but regretted not doing icon player picks. Going to go for the PP Baby/Mid and 25x82+ or maybe all in for the PP Baby/Mid/Prime

It's not difficult at all really, just the squad battles are a grind. The friendlies should be mostly golden goal unless you get very unlucky with your opponents so those are quick enough. Any rivals/champs tokens you will probably just pick them up through normal gameplay.

If you want all 17/18 tokens though you need to work through the squad battles and there's no quick way to do that. Probably looking at 18 squad battle wins this time around if you combine 2 of the tokens. If you do a couple per day it's not too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Did the Base/Mid Icon pack and got Base Cruyff, guess that's my luck for the year in one go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Just for a change, I decided to sell up my expensive players Mbappe, Neymar Messi and just go with untradeable or cheap (<30k) players I had. Result is that Ive gone from ~1670 to 1830 points in the Elite division in the past few days. Bizarre. Sterling is scoring more than any of the three superstars did. 2M in coins that I think I'll sit on for while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I've found Sterling amazing as well, I could never fit him into my starting lineups so I'm always using him off the bench but even on 5 chem he feels like the quickest player I've used, must be his unique running animation.

I used to bring him on as a striker and 9 games out of 10, he'd make a huge positive difference for me. I don't have a striker I'm happy to sub off anymore though so I'd bring him on at RM or LM and he's still doing the business.

Yeah, I like the look of Zambrotta from the Swaps. He will probably do for the year and RB is a big position of need for me at the moment.

The player picks looks insane last year but I note they're also including the baby icons in it this year so that probably adds another 30+ options that you wouldn't want and reduces this chances of a good pull.

The only thing about those higher token options is that you have to wait until the second set of tokens to have enough for them, so it could be the end of January/star of February before we can get them which makes them a lot less attractive.

Picked up Ice Mertens to replace Dybala, so this is how I line up in-game now. Barella and Tonali on stay back, Politano and Di Natale on stay forward, Chiesa and Mertens balanced. Super attacking, some games end up getting pumped but it's great fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,838 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

So this promo is just wrong, right? Like the original concept was that they'd release a team of boosted players all with a 5* WF, then release the same team with different stats and 5* SM instead, but the 5* upgrades just never happened and the stat changes are incredibly small so it's basically just been the same team all this time.

This month in FIFA has gotten worse every year since SBCs were introduced, FIFA 17 gave us 30 SBC cards in 10 days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

If it was baby Rio and not his mid I'd pick him in a heartbeat!! He was soooo good in Fifa 20 swaps. I'm tempted by Rooney also but that would just be for nostalgic reasons and my P&P Utd team.

Having made it to Elite last week I have zero motivation to ever play Rivals again, I haven't packed anything from Rivals rewards all year and I just had an opponent get 86% possession and win 1-0 with 1 shot attempt.

Jesus, that's painful. He can't possibly enjoy playing Fifa that way. That's a rubber band the controller job and walk away - leave him play on his own.

I actually haven't played in about a week.

Completely skipped WL and have only played to 3 wins in Rivals as I have no motivation at all to even get the 4 more.

Have all my coins invested in fodder and awaiting that to rise.

I'm the same as you, absolutely nothing usable or valuable from Rivals or WL all year, despite hitting rank 3 in WL and 7 Rivals wins every week. Pogba and Kane are my best pulls.

Watch now if I take a month off and come back to it after Christmas, I'll "coincidentially" end up packing something decent upon my return. 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Anyone on ps5 have an issue where you disconnect when entering an online match ?

Can play squad battles fine but as soon as the loading screen where you see the other guy's team fades it disconnects me ?

Having the same issue in other games so it must be something with the ps5 which is odd as it was fine yesterday.

• Advertisement

This is Elite Division gameplay, it's such boring zero risk shít, get within 5 yards of an opponent and they just started dribbling towards their own goal playing keep away

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Davy05

Has anyone encountered a bug were ultimate team crashes in offline mode halfway through the first half of every match? Literally happens every offline match at the same point in the match. I've not come across this issue when playing online, just offline. Is there a known fix? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Got Mid Shearer in the icon pack ffs.

This team:

And your defenders are in your own box while my keeper has the ball...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mid Rooney?

so glad I held off buying him now, lol. Thrilled with that one.

That stupid poxy animation when someone slides in for a tackle and your player does a stupid pointless hurdle has just cost me a game.

bah humbug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Pretty much why I opted to never get promotion to elite division. Was 1 win away from it at the weekend but quit a couple games so I wouldn’t have to experience that torture.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Got bored, so did an icon pack.

Mid Ballack. Small win. Looks like he can get game time for me, lol.

edit. Actually, looking at his shooting and passing stats, he’s perfect. I was going shopping for a slow but deadly CAM to play centrally in a 4231. Had been leaning towards buying Socrates but this works better. Happier now.

Had probably my worst ever night on FIFA tonight, played about 10 games of Rivals to try get the last 2 wins for the upgrade packs and lost every one of them. Horrendous. Nothing was coming off for me, couldn't pass and I was hitting the post, the bar etc. And I conceded at LEAST 6 or 7 goals from dodgy rebounds.

Then played 4 playoffs and lost the first 3. In the last 1 I was 3-0 down after 60 minutes and somehow won 4-3. Thankfully the guy rage quit after I scored my 4th as the way my luck was going he was definitely going to score an 89th minute equaliser and a 90th minute winner.

• Advertisement

Anyway, the Next Gen promo items start dropping tomorrow. I have every digit crossed that I get the Hernandez card.

Advertisement