Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW17 transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I currently have eleven playing but none on bench - foden smith and jota all should start hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I would if only to deleverage City players. When there's so much uncertainty around regular non-rotating teams you need more guaranteed starters in your squad.

Also, if the Spurs game goes ahead the unofficial list of COVID players currently is -

Lloris, Regulion, Hojbjergc, Son, Davies, Moura, Emerson and Gil.

Sigh, that's my two Spurs lads out even if their game does go ahead. I need Jesus and Dias minutes to make 11. Over to you Pep 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Any word on whether United v Brighton is off Saturday morning?

I might keep DeGea & get Bachmann for Steer for -4 who could cover this over the 2 games?

Or just straight up replace DeGea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,009 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I would keep DDG for the long term. You can bench him for these 2 GWs and then have him in your team, rather than having to re-transfer him in again. Unless you're really worried about team value?

As you said, a playing GK could cover the cost of the -4. So I would look to bring in that sub GK instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

So hard to know what to do.

If Ronaldo is only missing today I’ll hold, any more than that I’d sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭thefallingman

i had got jesus in on my free hit but you talked me out of it due to pep and his dam roulette, i'll be sick if he scores !

i got watkins in as he's sure to start and went for ederson and bernardo hoping they start for city, could be a cluster fukk of a couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

:) the same was thinking Jesus a right lad to get a few points tonight but watkins over xmas period a solid bet, no champ league either. Took a hit getting Bowen in for Holdberg, didnt know he possibly had covid so cheers for headsup

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AxelF84

I put Kane in about a month back purely based on his England form when he was scoring for fun and the new manager effect from Conte, I just can't believe he still has just a solidarity goal to his name. Was hoping the low ownership in my league would work in my favour but.... can he turn it around?

I won't gloat in the Gameweek thread if Jesus hauls, I promise. With his form though I'll settle for 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭thefallingman

he looks alot like rooney at utd from 28 on, going deeper and deeper into midfield i'm not sure he's worth the outlay until he get's some confidence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭shmeee

Leaked city lineup going about, again take it with a pinch of salt.

Ederson/Walker/Laporte/Dias/Zinchenko/KDB/Bernado/Rodri/Mahrez/Foden/Sterling.

I dunno what to do, either 1 FT, Foster to Bachmann. (0.3 ITB)

Or -4, Foster to Ramsdale and Ronaldo to Antonio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Tierney in for a non playing defender?

Any better choices at under 5m, want a Villa defender but not sure on the Covid situation there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AxelF84

Is he coming back more himself to be involved or is it a tactic? He just looks a completely different player to previous seasons. I wonder did the city talk at the start of the season turn his head and he's really playing for a move?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Bernardo in for Mbuemo.

Will hope Reguillon starts or it’s Josh Brownhill time.

I still have Toney despite him missing 3 games, given the other fires I’ve had to put out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Yeah keeping DeGea.

is Bachmann worth a -4 tho? Will United be off Saturday too?

It would be a nice time for Watford to get their first CS in a while.

Personally, I wouldn't do it as it's not a long term transfer, or an attacker who can get multiple returns to cover the cost of the -4.

If I knew for sure that DDG would be missing multiple GWs, then I would bring Bachmann (or an other) in, in order to have a playing GK.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,882 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I think that Kane fella is just waiting for his move out of Spurs (as well that position change you mention). It will be really interesting how he is priced next season.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,882 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I have decided to do nothing else to my team. Getting Ronaldo in for Vardy (to avoid price rises) pre covid news is enough damage!

Playing Gilmour against Villa. He has looked lively in fairness. So I am quietly confident he might get some fpl returns.

My bench is star studded and non playing - De Gea - Toney - Ronaldo - Cancelo.

Just hoping Chelsea/Man City do not rotate and Livramento starts.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Glad I checked back. 80% odds of being correct is good enough for me. Needed little convincing with the way the rest of my squad is.

Jesus --> Watkins for a -4. It might work out as a -2 if Jesus stays on the bench. Could be better than that. Or worse of course. The dice is rolled anyway and first time ever owning Watkins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭shmeee

1 FT done, Foster to Bachmann.

Only the 11 active players. So here's hoping. Want Ronaldo for next 3 GW's so gonna bench him, their game at weekend better go ahead.....

Bachmann

TAA, Dias, James, Rudiger

Salah (c), Jota, Bilva, Luiz

Pukki, Dennis

Bench.... None.. Foster, Ronaldo, Cancelo, Mbeumo.

I've a feeling of a pure **** show incoming and my 7k OR will be badly damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭cizolin

Dennis to Wilson done pre Man Utd COVID announcement, so with Ronaldo, Dalot out , Cancelo suspended and McArthur and Street fodder, I took a minus 8 hit overall to get 11 playing(hopefully) Ronaldo and McArthur out for Benteke and Foden, if those two score more than 8 between them it will have been worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ronaldo & Sissoko to Watkins & Foden for -4. No point planning ahead these days so decided to use the Ronaldo cash to improve first 11 and bench for now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Ended up banking in the end.

Will see how the land lies at the weekend and work with 2FTs, maybe -4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Did the same but he looked awful in his two nice home fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

24 points between them straight away, season is well and truly back on track!

Well that worked out well...

There was me chuffed about Jesus to Watkins for a -4. Still am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Watkins move worked out well for you, a 12 pointer for him tonight. I owned him for a good few months last season and he did well so he was an obvious move when selling on Jiminez because of the fixture swing. Though Danny Ings coming back could hinder his returns. Id have no problems doing a sideways move for Ings either, he is a lethal finisher who doesnt need lots of chances to score like Watkins does. If he remains injury free I think him and DCL could finally solve the mid priced forwards problem

Advertisement