Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balbriggan

• 05-12-2021 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭

Just moved to Balbriggan ( Moylaragh)

Most Sunday mornings i do a 10k run.

Anyone with a bit more knowledge of the area than me know a decent route without having to hop in to the car and not too much of it twice.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I'm not local and this is probably the exact opposite of what you're looking for, but Ardgillan castle is decent for a walk or run

Quick drive down the coast road towards Skerries and park in the beach parking, then cross the bridge over the railroad bridge and into the park. Uphill at first around the park but downhill on the way back

I think the loop is only 5k, so could do 2 laps, or you could try running down the coast road from Balbriggan, not sure how much of it has pavement though

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Thanks. I walked the loop earlier went in a few estates think i got to 5.68 so will just do it twice i think.

Gonna do Ardgillian parkrun on a Saturday.

The loop will do nicely. Grand run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Nodster

Welcome to the town

Theirs a club who meet in the church car park every Monday evening at 7.30pm, they have a facebook page called Balbriggan Roadrunners

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I,m more a cyclist but there are a few nice routes about. there is a nice loop of the town including the seafront. If you like off road and th tide is out you can run along the beach right up to Mornington without going on the road once...

Motorists about here are generall much more aware and considerate of cyclists and runners I find too.

Welcome to the area :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SouthNorth

Moylaragh based myself and usually run out away from estates. A good loop is to run up out of estate up to Naul Road, left at roundabout and first right down Folkstown lane. Swing a left at end of lane and keep going until you reach balrothery. Then left and back toward Balbriggan.

Mix of country road and countryside is nice and makes the run easier with good scenery (not so nice in winter though).

Theres plenty of similar routes in the area. Have a scan of a map and just go for it. That's how I found my routes (I'll admit some nearly killed me 🤣).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 aymzter

hi there - looking at an apartment to buy in Moylaragh View, and am reading all sorts online - pyrite, antisocial behaviour, blah blah

any updates from someone who actually lives there would be great…thanks in advance 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SouthNorth

@aymzter I pm'd you but I'll post here alsofor anyone else who may be looking 👍

Honestly, it's not a bad place at all. Here 10 years almost! Most views of it being a crime ridden, poverty stricken cess pit are likely from those who don't live here! That said, best to observe the area for yourself at different times of day 😊

Moylaragh, Barons Hall, Chieftains and New Haven Bay have pyrite issues but there is remediation works ongoing the last 6 years almost. Just check with estate agent and ask for green cert as it would be a condition with banks as part of mortgage approval in areas where pyrite is rampant.

There is plenty in area from sports clubs, tennis club up the road in balrothery, green spaces etc. We have a few gyms in the town also. Plenty of scenic walks, beaches and you're not far from Ardgillen Castle, Boyne Valley, Skerries etc for change of scenery.

There's a few restaurants but take aways mainly. There is a bit of a shift though in last few years toward restaurants / cafes.

Advertisement