Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer in Civil Service 2022

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

How long after the interview does it take to hear back from them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭I am me123

View Message

Message Details

Subject: Temporary Clerical Officer in the Civil and Public Service 2022 - Stage 2 Update

Date Posted: 24/11/2021 15:10

Competition Name: Temporary Clerical Officer in the Civil and Public Service 2022

Competition ID:

Candidate ID:

Availability: All Year

Location Choice:

Our Ref: Batch 1

Dear (My Name)

Further to your application for Temporary Clerical Officer in the Civil and Public Service 2022, we have reached your place on the Stage 1 Order of Merit for Stage 2 – Interview.

As outlined in the information booklet, candidates who have successfully completed a TCO contract/s within the 3 years prior to 26th October 2021 and have received references for that employment, which are deemed satisfactory or suitable may not be required to undergo a Stage 2 - Interview.

As you indicated that you have completed a TCO contract/s within the last 3 years, you will be required to provide references, for the period of the TCO contract/s in question, confirming satisfactory service and performance in the role. These references will be verified with the relevant Department. Other additional references may also be required for other recent employment.

Please ensure that you have these references available in the event that the Clearance and Assignments Unit request these from you.

Candidates will be assigned in accordance with their Stage 1 – Order of Merit. As you are included in Batch 1, your details will be forwarded to our Clearance & Assignments Unit when interviews for those candidates from that Batch who are required to undergo an interview conclude in December 2021.

Yours sincerely,

Orla Coughlan

Competition Manager

Public Appointments Service

I got the above message on my Message Board on 24/11/2021, but was not provided with a link to upload any documents yet. From the above info, when can I expect to be contacted about providing these?

Confused.

COOKIE SETTINGS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

@I am me123 That's the same message I got. It was followed about two weeks later by the message with the link.to upload requested documents. I guess they're working through the candidate list order of merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭furrybones

As soon as they reach your number you will be asked to upload the documents. I am in the top 5 for my county and got an email to upload - a link was provided at that point.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Thanks FishOnABike,

I'm OOM 91 for my county. I recieved the message on 24/11/2021.

Hopefully not too much longer to wait for the message. Will I be contacted via Message Board or email with link for uploading?

What was your O.OM. (if you don't mind me asking)? and when did you recieve upload request?

Are they sending out the message with the uploading link for documents to all candidates who previously completed TCO contracts in the order of their O.OM. ?

Thank you.

Post edited by I am me123 on

• Advertisement

Thanks furrybones,

I'm OOM 91 for my county. I recieved the message on 24/11/2021.

Hopefully not too much longer to wait for the message. Will I be contacted via Message Board or email with link for uploading?

What was your O.OM. (if you don't mind me asking)? and when did you recieve upload request?

Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

I got the first message on 24/11 and the message with the link to upload documents on 06/12 ( I get an automatic email notification when there's a new message in my messages in publicjobs.ie ), and got an email with the same link two days after the message so it looks like you will get both a message and an email. I'm in the top 5 OOM for my county.

Thank you.

I'm OOM 91 for my county. I recieved notification that I passed the assessment questionnaire on 23/ 11. The next day 24/11 I recieved this,

Message Details

Subject: Temporary Clerical Officer in the Civil and Public Service 2022 - Stage 2 Update

Date Posted: 24/11/2021 15:10

Competition Name: Temporary Clerical Officer in the Civil and Public Service 2022

Competition ID:

Candidate ID:

Availability: All Year

Location Choice:

Our Ref: Batch 1

Dear (My Name)

Further to your application for Temporary Clerical Officer in the Civil and Public Service 2022, we have reached your place on the Stage 1 Order of Merit for Stage 2 – Interview.

As outlined in the information booklet, candidates who have successfully completed a TCO contract/s within the 3 years prior to 26th October 2021 and have received references for that employment, which are deemed satisfactory or suitable may not be required to undergo a Stage 2 - Interview.

As you indicated that you have completed a TCO contract/s within the last 3 years, you will be required to provide references, for the period of the TCO contract/s in question, confirming satisfactory service and performance in the role. These references will be verified with the relevant Department. Other additional references may also be required for other recent employment.

Please ensure that you have these references available in the event that the Clearance and Assignments Unit request these from you.

Candidates will be assigned in accordance with their Stage 1 – Order of Merit. As you are included in Batch 1, your details will be forwarded to our Clearance & Assignments Unit when interviews for those candidates from that Batch who are required to undergo an interview conclude in December 2021.

Yours sincerely,

Orla Coughlan

Competition Manager

Public Appointments Service

Based on the above info, would you say I would be waiting long to hear about uploading documents?

Sorry I sound like a broken record repeating myself 😛.

Hopefully won't be too long waiting.

It all depends on which county you have selected and the need for TCO's there. With the first campaign I applied to I was in the mid 20's and it was July before I was placed.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Have my interview on Wednesday morning. I know I've plenty to offer any employer. Now if I can get through it without my throat going dry within the first 5 minutes, that's another story. 🥴 Good luck all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Moomooland

Best of luck for Wednesday. Have a bottle of water on standby, you can have valuable extra thinking time when taking a drink of water in the interview. 🤞🤞

I'm just out the virtual door. The two people interviewing me were nice and explained how things would proceed. Don't be put off when they cut across you and have lots of examples to draw on.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Excellent, they’re usually very friendly and chatty. Thank god I don’t need to do an interview 🙏

Weeeeee

I am pleased to inform you that you have reached the qualifying standard at Stage 2 interview. As previously indicated, you will retain your order of merit from Stage 1 Assessment Questionnaire

Is it just a waiting game now

Excellent news! Sounds like there’s a bit of movement 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 11 searlasod89

Great news! Had my interview this morning so I'm now just waiting my results.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MoSan

Had my interview first week of December, found out I passed it earlier today and then offered a job this evening starting early January. Absolutely delighted! They seem to be moving pretty quick. Best of luck to everyone, hopefully you'll hear back quick too

Well done! Hopefully not too long to wait now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 MoSan

First time I applied in 2020, interview last week of January, interview result followed 3 weeks later.

Got an email that I passed the interview stage. Will see what happens over next few weeks. 👏🏻

Congratulations and well done. Hopefully you won't be waiting too long for a placement.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 searlasod89

Congrats! Just got the same.

Does anyone know if they give you feedback like scores or anything or is it just a straight pass/fail?

Stage 2 - Interview is marked on a Pass / Fail basis.

• Advertisement

Can you request a feedback from your interview and if so how do I apply Louise

Advertisement