Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Reset

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,977 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

C'mon he must know his stuff about virology from the time he spent working in Virgin Megastore?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,923 ✭✭✭growleaves

Do you think a musician can't be a freelance journalist? Arts and journalism are complementary.

Interesting article. I do think being an illegal arms dealer is a black mark against a person's character but no doubt it'll be hand-waved away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,977 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

You just believe that immedietely because its in an article?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,160 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Right so if I do a quick online journalism course, label myself a journalist, write some conspiracy BS, that makes it any more true?

What if I am a known journalist, like Gemma O'Doherty, and then I go off the rails and start making zany conspiracy claims, does that automatically qualify what I am claiming?

The sources are linked to in the article, including the report by Peter Hug and the analysis of it by Georg Kreis (University of Basel).

• Advertisement

Read it with an open mind. I read articles by journalists and non-journalists I disagree with.

Right so if I write a story about Bill Gates wanting to implant everyone with microchips, does the fact that I have given a history of his early life and business from reputable historians biographers validate my claims about him wanting to implant everyone with microchips?

What's conspiracy BS about the article? It's full of facts and sources. Did you even bother reading it?

Documented info about Klaus Scwhab's involvement in the arms industry has nothing to do with conspiracy theories. It speaks to his character which is the only relevance.

No it doesn't prove that he (or Bill Gates) must be involved in a plot.

It does give an indication of someone's trustworthiness if they are mixed up in such stuff imo. I would also look askance at tobacco manufacturers, sweat shop manufacturers etc.

That Declan Ganley had an interest in the arms industry was widely reported and definitely affected the public perception of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,248 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Nope.

I was one of the people who was saying that claiming the virus was created in a lab specifically for the purpose of causing a pandemic for sinister reasons was a conspiracy theory.

Why?

• Advertisement

Reminder, you still haven't actually read Schwab's book.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

ive read it, still reads as nothing more than tenuous lazy machinations of a hotel night porter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

I began to read it and got as far as the start of the second paragraph where it tried to intimate that there were nefarious reasons for Schwab being in New York on September the 11th...

It's going to be a 'hot take' article, yeah?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

It's not "documented info", it's cherry-picked info full of tenuous links and inferences. For example, any German person will have relatives who lived during Nazi control and either worked directly or indirectly for them.

Any idiot (or musician in this case) can write a blog full of carefully chosen and very selective facts to smear anyone with guilt by association. They've done the same with Bill Gates countless times.

It's bad character assassination by people with an obvious agenda for people with no critical thinking skills.

Personally I'm only interested in the accusation that Sulzer AG sold weapons to South Africa illegally, since what someone's father or grandfather did in the War tells us nothing about them. I agree with you there, though it's interesting historical info all the same.

Do you consider Vedmore's inference (from the Hug report and Georg Krieg's analysis) that Sulzer AG manufactured weapons during Schwab's tenure a fabrication or misrepresentation?

In the end, Schwab is a Swiss-German industrialist - not your personal friend. I can't see that you would have any interest in defending him as such.

But that's not what this discussion is about..

It's about people claiming this person, who has no legislative power in any way, is going to somehow implement or usher in a nightmareish 1984 style dystopia, that we won't "own things" anymore, part of some incredibly vague global plot.

Have you read any of Klaus Schwabs books? You have extrapolated the same nefarious plan?

Or do you have a watered down version of that?

Or he's just an aged economist who is theory-crafting about a better future, like anyone does?

I have read his book The Great Reset. I disapprove of his sterile, micro-managed technocratic vision for the economy, industry, leisure etc., and disagree with his positive attitude towards transhumanism.

Knowing that someone was an arms dealer is going to influence your opinion of them. It is relevant.

If it isn't damning then why not just say 'Yeah he sold arms to the South Africans. So what?'?

I am 'open' to the conspiracy view of Schwab yes but accept it is only a theory without any proof.

In any case he looks like a shady character in terms of his business past, and someone I would be totally opposed to politically under any circumstances.

Okay thanks for the response, and what about the whole conspiracy angle?

And please be specific. Is there some big conspiracy involving Klaus Schwab, if so, what is it?

What I don't understand is why there is such hostility to any criticism of Klaus Schwab on here. It's his ideas that are being criticised and questioned. He talks about microchips being implanted in people's brains, he talks about transhumanism, he talks about robots replacing humans, he talks about people in terms of 'human capital', he talks about smart everything and digital everything. Is this the kind of society that would appeal to people: South Korea cuts human interaction in push to build ‘untact’ society | South Korea | The Guardian

That's the kind of society I see being brought about by the Fourth Industrial revolution Schwab talks about.

No proof, but I would argue that there's evidence. Unfortunately with the usual suspects (one of whom will be along in a few minutes, no doubt) ruining every thread it's hard to discuss things.

By the way, I'd be interested to read your book. I always find your posts to be very informative and well-written.

• Advertisement

It's not criticism of Klaus Schwab. It's the implication he's part of a giant conspiracy plot/movement that no one can detail.

I don't like Donald Trump, I am critical of Donald Trump, but if I am hinting he is part of some big conspiracy I can't detail then that's nonsense. If someone points out that it's nonsense, I can't defend it by saying "why is there such hostility to my criticism of Donald Trump".

There used to be a TV programme on the BBC in the 80s called Tomorrow's World. They predicted all sorts of fanciful stuff. Some of which, like the internet and smart phones, have come to pass. Some remain fanciful. Things inevitably change though. Progress.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

And all he is doing is suggesting things that could be done differently as talking points for how the world might look in the future, and if doing things differently may be better for us all.

What you are suggesting is that he is in control of all world governments and that these changes have already been decided on.

Looking through a glass darkly I believe he and others may be acting from bad motives to create what looks to be some kind of surveillance-oriented/ heavily managed state.

Which like others I discern from WEF's public statements, i.e. think-pieces with catchy quotes like "You will own nothing and be happy" which have supposedly been taken up wrong. This would not be historically unique, see e.g. Communist societies.

Since, as I said, I'm religious I don't consider purposefully evil action either inexplicable or unlikely or dependent on purely material causal relationships. I also consider an irrational desire to wield power an explicable motive for bad action.

In lieu of evidence or proof of any wrong-doing I'm happy to take a general stance of mistrust, scepticism and antipathy towards K Schwab and his proposals which seem bad and wrong to me even without the conspiracy angle.

If you want to trust him and other powerful elites until or unless someone has presented incontrovertible material proof that they're evil that is of course your choice.

And that these changes include stopping people from owning things, installing a global communist government, implanting people with chips and making them cyborgs.

All of which will happen in the next 8 years.

And all of which was predicted supernaturally by the bible.

And none of which he can point to in the book that he's still not actually read.

Thanks for your kind words.

As I see it theres no longer broad agreement about what is good and bad.

Many people may prefer transhumanism and South Korea-style social isolation to the alternatives, at least at first.

So its as much a matter of convincing people that a nightmare world of virtuality and separateness and integrating their physical body with technology is something they should reject as bad and wrong as anything else.

That's not all he's doing. He's excited about microchips being implanted in people's brains, he's excited about smart everything and digital everything. He's loudly proclaiming that the world cannot go back to normal.

That article in The Guardian about South Korea, do you like the kind of society that's being created there? That's the society I believe will emerge from the 4th Industrial Revolution.

And 24/7, do you ever take a break from boards?

But would not say that now more than ever the technology is there to make everything digital and smart?

I agree. I don't even think it's a conspiracy theory. They're just bad proposals that reduce our freedom even more.

• Advertisement

Why are you asking me that when you're claiming to have me on ignore?

Why do you keep using the cute little nickname you've given me instead of my actual screen name?

Why do you keep posting things you know aren't true day in and day out?

Why have you not actually read the book yet?

Advertisement