Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M50 - how busy will it be this evening?

• 15-12-2021 2:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭

Hi, firsty I know this may not be the best place for this but the regional section does not look too busy so felt I'd not get an answer in time.

I have my NCT at 6.15 this evening, I'll be joining the M1 from Santry then taking Exit 4 off the M50. Fortunately, I never need to be on these roads at this time so no idea what to expect traffic wise? Any thoughts anyone?

And, there is nothing planed with the truckers, is there?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭KildareP

If people drive properly 10-15 minutes.

If someone decides to rear end someone along that route, or shortly beyond it, could be upwards of an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

If you drive to the end of the m50 north side, and take the big roundabout to start back on m50 going southbound, you can see the Sugarloaf which is after the end of the m50 opposite end. Wow!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Just go early and get a takeaway coffee, even if you have to hang around for half an hour it's less stressful than being stuck in traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

You can see the sugarloaf and the Dublin Wicklow mountains form a lot of north county Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

They'll probably accept the car early when you get to the centre anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Thanks for all your replies. I was worried it might take an hour, I've read so many horror stories. Yeah I might chance my look and get there early and see if they do me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,556 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

This.

It's basically a lottery at the best of times, but 100x moreso at rush hour.

Go early and have a coffee (or persuade them to take you early).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Went a bit early and got seen to. 15 min each way. If I had not been turning off Exit 4 it would have been a very different story though!

My '02 car passed first go to, so a happy bunny :)

Advertisement