Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

They are out now. I got Foden. Cant see me using him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I packed MBappe in that next generation pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Got Foden too… not the worst tbf. I might give him a go in at CAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Another Foden here, it's not Theo or Mbappe but it could've been worse.

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

No sign of my pack yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Turns out they had to pause the rollout cause they mistakenly gave out Mbappe as a ST instead of a LW.

it seems these guys make a mistake every promo. You have to laugh.

I got striker MBappe, they should give me the LW version and replace the ST one with his gold card 😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

promo is garbage, only hernandez and mbappe are borderline useful (mbappe isnt actually a great card when you look at the stats)

and i got bellingham so i am extra salty 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Current team, sold up last night and did the neres and vini sbcs, i swap maldini and cole in game, maldini seems very good so far at cb and cole is a decent LB, also impressed with the free dutch rb who i use as i have Grav and De Ligt untradeable.

Vini tears it up in fairness.

• Advertisement

I think it’s just geared toward people who get the game for Christmas and need to start off.

Anyone playing from the start will find most of these cards useless. Theo is only useful cause he hasn’t had a promo card and his IF is expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'd say Theo is the only one worth having

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'm loving Cole. He's miles better than Mendy...he's there for last ditch tackles or blocks in the box on several occasions compared to Mendy who's somewhere out near the corner flag scratching his hole.

Knowing my luck now I'll get either Mbappe or Theo for my next gen pack.. both of whom will be no good to me except for a SBC.

I've a mill now and deciding who to get next. I had my heart set on Puskas but Mbappe is doing the job. Next up was Ginola but base Coman is really doing the job for me. Ideally I should boost my midfield to replace Pobga and Fekir but that's boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Is there some sort of glitch regarding dribbling, im running into countless players since last week who now just run with the ball while twisting and turning, im using jockey but my players turn slower then the attackers leaving easy opportunities to score.

I only play now to get 7 rival wins and dont bother with WL, rewards not worth it so its not a big deal to me, but just wondering if anybody else has noticed it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Hadn't played in a week or so, jumped on today for a few games.

Didn't change anything, literally the exact same tactics and setup, and I'm on the verge of the elite division from division 2 after going 9 wins and 1 loss in 10 games! 😯

Maybe I should take breaks more often. 🙈

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Same here, im ranked 2nd in div.2, from 3rd in 3, i want to stop but elite is... so... close

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm still floundering in Div 2, rank 1. I've managed to win 2 games in a row here and there, but I'm losing way, way more than I win. Just grind out the 7 wins and then just move on.

The whole "No relegations" thing must be the most baffling thing I've ever seen. It remains a mystery to me that they really decided to punish self-relegators by basically driving away casual players.

Will say though, 92 Ronaldo is an utter joy to have. Reminds me of the Red Ronaldo I had last year who, even when you're struggling, can just bang in a magical goal. He has that BS factor some top cards too where you can see the ball bounces stupidly in his favour when it shouldnt.

You're in the same division as me, so we've probably played each other and so I've probably cursed you at some point.

I still need 1 more win this week. It has never taken me this many matches to get the 7 wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I’m glad I only managed to reach the Elite division on the weekend after already securing my 7 wins. I’ve won one match in Elite so far and I can’t picture myself even playing many more, let alone winning any. It’s the most toxic subset of players I’ve encountered in any game, ever.

And I’ve played World of Tanks, so my statement is completely validated. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Icon Swaps won't be skills based matchmaking will it, e.g. it will be random?

Is that the way friendlies have been all year so far?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

I find it fine for the most part. There's plenty of toxic muppetry at all levels of Fifa. There is more of this type of opposition in Elite though.

lol @ the James Milner in there. Is that to deliberately drop his rating?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

I guess it was to boost TAA chem actually, looking at it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

Worth remembering that if you do reach elite, you'll be in D2 in a weeks time. But D2 will be de-facto elite for at least a couple of weeks as everyone has to drop two divisions. There's no real dropping divisions this year, you stay at the highest one you reach essentially, bar towards the very end of a season if you haven't gone up any in that time and the better players have filtered out of that division

I think a better system would be to allow you to get relegated to 1 division lower than the highest division you reach in a season.

E.g. if you start in Div4 and reach Div2, you can get relegated to Div3 but can't go back to 4 again. If you then hit Div1 you can go back to 2, but never back to 3. Get to Elite you can go back to Div1 but never 2.

Would solve the problem of people getting lucky and going up a division only to find themselves out of their depth.

To the lads on the verge of Elite, DO NOT ENTER!!!

Worst thing I ever did, it's the most toxic place in the world. I'm on 4 of my 7 wins for the week, got 1 win in about 15 games last night, so many last minute equalisers which help nobody! I'll be sticking to Div 2 or 1 next season.

5*5* Zaha SBC inbound tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Jesus christ can the word 'toxic' be banned from here?

'Toxic' & 'Meta' two words I've become very bored of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,838 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Base Gold team where all his goals came from Werner and fkin Kante too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

What I will say from that is that his shot selection was better. 4 shots @ avg of 0.5 xG each. You had 14 shots @ avg of 0.30 xG each, so as annoying as it is that you lost, I wouldn't say it's a disgrace or anything. Was his 5th goal a cross that became an OG or something?

Advertisement