Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Trees Cut

Options
  • 15-12-2021 9:26pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Using barc.com for some tree felling. 2 quotes I got so far are very different.

any idea if ball back for something like the attached?

wouldnt do it my self due to new solar panels on garage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Where are you?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Fairly easy to pull them two down tbh. Could rope them to a car if you are super concerned about direction of travel.

Id take both of them down myself.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

It’s probably an hours work to cut them down.

How far up the three would you need the rope it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Shallow roots on them and not too big , a good sized digger would push them over , no stumps to worry about afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Between 3/4 and half way. Not too far up where its weaker and thin.

They dont look too big. Is it 20ft ish?

I would have thought c. 40ft. The garage is probably 4m high

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

No need to rope them at all If you are anyway experienced in cutting trees. If you are not then for godsakes get someone who is. Its a straightforward job.Directional cut (Birds Beak) in the side you want it to fall in, then bore into the centre of the tree from the side and cut backwards to the rear leaving a small hinge, then from the safe side cut into the tree and it will fall precisely where you want it.

First quote for €750 in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭rje66

It's a diy job if you are careful, but you still have to get rid of it . Access to a trailer ot truck will be very handy. Or better still cut up as small possible and pile up in a corner somewhere on site. Doing your bit for wildlife!!

• Advertisement

cut it up and store for next winter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭standardg60

Agree it's a pretty simple diy job with ropes. If you want to be extra safe strip some of the heavy branches on the house side first, trees will naturally fall to the branched side then.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭DylanQuestion

If you don't mind me asking, why do you want to fell them?

They are lifting a septic tank.

Advertisement