Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weirs Rolex Waiting List

Options
  • 14-12-2021 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jcb1986

Hi all,

Ive been on the Rolex Daytona waiting list for 3-4 years. To be fair I haven't followed up or nagged them at all so I can only blame myself, but do you reckon I've probably just fallen off the waiting list or are they just impossible to get?

Also, do any of you know the approx waiting list for a submariner in Irish Rolex retailers?, Or will I just be laughed at for enquiring with a store?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

The list for a Daytona is 10+ years. They don't do lists for new requests apparently, but i've no idea what if any impact that has on existing lists. Either way the list system wasn't exactly strictly adhered to it seems (which is understandable). No harm contacting them and seeing what they have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭893bet

You were never on the Daytona list to begin with unless you were known to them (and not on the Gardai type way). Them selling you a Daytona is them gifting you circa 15-20k basically.

Have you spent many multiples of 10k in there in the last two years? If not then don’t waste time even asking about the Daytona.

Sub will be doable if you are willing to play games like buying diamonds you don’t want or watches you don’t want. Or you may get lucky but unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

On the submariner list for almost 2 years. They lead me to believe it may not be too much longer but again I'm not holding my breath. I've not bought anything else there and as you said it's basically them handing you 5k in cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Fitz II

I have been waiting for any hype Rolex for 4-5 years. Bought 3 datejusts at retail (two womens) tudors, longines and some jewlery. Still nothing. Now they obviously hate me but even still not a sniff. On a sub or GMT your time waiting is worth more than the gray market premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

on a wailist for a blue skydweller for 2 years, ask every 8 months or so, but I rekon even if it arrived I would literally be the last person they would call

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Anyone tried Liveline? These waiting lists are a public scandal.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

I've got to be honest here, why even bother... life if is too short to be waiting for a watch for 10 or more years... there are TONS of great great watches out there.

Now I am simply not Rolex fan, I believe over priced, there are billion forges out there and in my opinion a tad chavy.

Gimme an Omega any day, a Brietling or even a Tag (only a Monaco)... Before I would wait that many years.

Before the Rolex club get defensive, it's just my opinion

I agree mostly about the why bother. It would be nice, but I would not be hanging around at the moment. I do like a Rolex espically the more classic ones. But I think there is something about things you cannot have for cheap that drives the market and the desirability. If you mentality is to avoid the entire game...I think you will have a happier life in all honesty.

I actually decided to spend my money with Joe Duffy instead CT. He happily took my order, and will deliver the goods in a few weeks. No messing. Even comes with a analogue clock.

if you think you are on a “list” for a sports Rolex and have not had a call in 12 months then you ain’t on any list and they will never think of you again until literally the place is about to bankrupt.

There is a queue of people to buy 30k solid gold Daytonas. A queue! A list. Whatever you want to call it.

FitzII quote:

"I actually decided to spend my money with Joe Duffy instead CT. He happily took my order, and will deliver the goods in a few weeks. No messing. Even comes with a analogue clock."

😍

Credit Fitz for taking my post in the spirit it was intended.

• Advertisement

There is a long wait for daydates now. 36k solid gold watches. Traditionally these were the watches you bought to be considered for stainless but now they are just as, if not harder to get. Mens size datejust the same. The system now really only suits flippers.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

The whole waitlist thing - if such a thing even exists - makes me think think watch producers are playing us for mugs. It is demeaning and the two times I've been offered to be put on a list, I've said No both times. I'd rather spend my money elsewhere. It is also what has made me look to older watches rather than newer ones especially with Rolex. I'd like a new Explorer 1 (the 36mm one), but I ain't joining no queue.

Fitz has spent his money with Joe Duffy - I've done the same with a campervan in Germany (due in this week and I'm getting very excited - Christmas on a beach in Mayo).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The system now really only suits flippers.

Yep, they're the ones driving the market with non AD third party dealers egging them on, with a few easily swayed by trend non flippers sitting and waiting all glassy eyed from the hype. As Full says the companies most in vogue in this market must be laughing themselves silly. Although they don't get the flipper profits on the brand new watches they make and sell, their stock is guaranteed to sell.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

I'm boycotting Weirs. Think I'll get a group together and parade up and down outside like people used to do outside that fur shop down from them before most of you guys were born.

I mean it’s not really a big stress man. Put your name Down and forget about it. If it happens it happens. The sub and GMTs are still super watches imo. I have a SMP and about to get a Navitimer but the sub still does something for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

I could buy these Rolex in weirs, if I wanted. I'm on the annual Xmas party invite list.

• maybe they should have a competition with the HSE to see which waiting list is the most ludicrously long? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Who in Weirs dictates these unspoken rules? Would it be possible to call in and ask about these "lists" or would I be laughed out of the shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Does it really matter if there is list or not anymore ? RRP is a make believe figure .The price of a watch is what ever you have to pay to get it and whether it’s worth it or not is a personal thing. Yeah it’s annoying to think if you could be on a list you could of got it cheaper but these are non essential items so actual value for money doesn’t come into it .

Fitz posted a good while ago that if you want to play the Rolex game , forget about RRP and just pay the grey market price .That’s really the only way to look at it.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

A Rolex is the ideal product... the ultimate merchandise. No sales talk necessary. The client will crawl through a sewer and beg to buy.

Paraphrasing William S. Burroughs

Lots of equally good watches out there at less than RRP and no waiting. People need to stop flexing and be more flexible.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭pjdarcy

Exactly. Most people wouldn't even consider your standard Rolex as haute horlogerie. There's better value and way more interesting watches out there for submariner money in my opinion but each to their own I suppose. Watches are very personal things at the end of the day.

When it comes to watches more desirable than Rolex usually there are waits too. Sports patek, Overseas, AP, ALS....sure you can buy more expensive watches out of the window, and cheaper ones. But desirability is dictated by the market not the individual. I think a lot of posters here will testify that a Rolex is a fine watch and a even finer thing to own. Usually when people say a certain watch is "more interesting" they are also saying its esoteric and appeals to relatively few and is less desirable. I have had a great many watches that were "better than a rolex" or "better than a submariner" and I can tell you they were not. They were easy to get and easy to lie to yourself about. Its the very rare bird that is spending Rolex money and above on out there watches, they are the true hero's.

Good new though, you can have any rolex you want tomorrow if you are willing to pay. Its only cheap Rolex are hard to get. Its like property, sure you can get a better house for the same of less money outside Dublin...but then you dont get to live in Dublin. Some people like that some people dont. Its stupid however to tell somebody looking for a house in Dublin to go buy one in Donegal, but its easy for the Donegal dweller think house prices in Dublin are mad, they dont value the Dublin location.

Rolex watches stand the test of time, from a design, robustness and value retention view point. Most people myself included like to have things other people also like and want, and I buy what I like.

"Most people myself included like to have things other people also like and want, and I buy what I like."

Yes I get it that you're a fan of Rolex and that's your choice. Personally I prefer Omega and that's mine. So I buy what I like which may be an Omega and then if it's just to wear biking or whatever it could be a Citizen Eco-Drive.

Mostly the general population don't notice what watch you're wearing unless maybe it's a glittery two-tone studded with diamonds. Most other people don't care and increasingly most other people don't wear a watch.

What's the waiting list like for the McGregor watch?

Discontinued and limited run, no list to wait on, no watches to buy. One might come up on the gray market. But it was a weirs anniversary special edition from patek and all were sold (think only 70 made??). McGregor didnt get one because he was famous he got one because he spends big in there.

• Advertisement

I meant the 2 million euro King of Pimps watch

Advertisement