Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,310 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

TA that as I am about to sit down to have lunch, you known at lunchtime which is about 13.10 today... only for my neighbor to ring my doorbell, maskless and proceed to waffle the ears off me about his charity.

the reason he called is in the main because he lost a phone number I’d gotten him... so I whatsapped it to him while standing in front of him... could he not just WhatsApp me to ask for it ? 10 minutes later I’m getting every single detail of the goings on, him mentioning people by name I don’t know and situations I’ve not the slightest inclination to become interested in.....

lunch is staying warm in the oven. I’m staying cold in the porch... but Jim is telling me his brother in law won’t be coming again for Christmas.. “ he’s not feeling his old self “..... just as well, at his age...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Today it was some dope of a woman with small noisy dogs, running up to people, sh1tting on the sand and herself ineffectually blowing a stupid whistle none of the dogs took a blind bit of notice of.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,957 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

And ones who talk about other peoples medical issues. Mrs X has that. She says it’s an awful thing , just awful. Up to the toilet 3/4 times a night for a poo .

shut up you gossip!

Misery guts. People lacking in empathy for others and who are like joy vacuums.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Just registered for the booster with the pharmacy

Q 16. What is your gender (as identified by the HSE)?

Answer: Male

Q18. Are you pregnant?

I'm not ready for 2022

• I had a full colon removal in 2016 and a few days later when I arrived back to ordinary ward after being in ICU I was asked when was my last bowel movement, I cheekily answered “about 5 days ago” and it was suggested I take the stronger laxative on offer. Nurses etc not reading medical notes would be on my list of mild annoyances 😂

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's downright criminal and makes me see red.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

And I hadn't met her before today (not my usual hairdresser!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Can't get a GP appointment by going to the GP it would seem. Have to register online for a phone call which doesn't come. Joy.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

This line from a song currently every.freeking.where .

"I had no time to choose what I chose to do"

I get what she is trying to say but the repetition and contradiction are a ta.

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I got fed up trying to explain my meno issues to the male allocated to help me with my SLD in uni, so I asked if I could be transferred to a woman who would understand(and not spend ages trading snippy emails when he lost patience out of ignorance and I just lost my patience)

Today I met her, she is lovely and 25 years old with no medical background!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Not being actually able to pay the GP after a phone consultation where doctor has no way themselves to take your at me to as they are “working from home”. No online payment system, phone purposefully going to voicemail when you might try to phone to make payment. The system in my practice is that you are supposed to standby for next two weeks so that they will call you any time out of the blue to take your payment. Invariably when you are in the shower or driving. And then with phone payment no receipt is issued for insurance claim or tax rebate. I always have to go down to surgery to make the payment as soon as I am able to, and can get my receipt as well. Always find my GP is well behind the tech curve. Had my first Motorola mobile phone in 1997 well ahead of my GP, who borrowed it on one occasion when calling an ambulance for a neighbour.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Some people never let up. Endlessly fascinated they are by themselves. 🙄

I used to work with someone years ago, who believed in sharing chapter and verse about their ailments and their insides. Nobody REALLY wants that level of detail about anyone else. Probably not even their medical practitioners.

I did a rapid antigen test , and couldnt see any lines. I must have balls up somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

TA - New manager trying to guilt us into going for christmas breakfast with her.

I'm very sorry that you've been moved from your old team that were like a family to you over to us dour-faced grumpy bastrds, but even if we weren't in the middle of a global pandemic, I still wouldn't want to go have christmas breakfast with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

TA by manager, who blows hot and cold. I'm fed up walking on eggshells cos I never know what mood he will be in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

I did this last night Put the liquid in the slot where lines appear not in the specimen slot. Sitting wondering why there were no lines !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I don't think thwy were suggesting you try it, more saying maybe you inadvertently did the same thing?

My TA is that my wine for our virtual office Christmas party never arrived. It was supposed to be delivered by COB yesterday and the office manager said to let her know if anyone didn't get theirs. So I did, and promptly got her "I'm finished for Christmas" out of office.

Guess it's just a cheese tasting for me, so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

People leaving voice notes. Short ones are fine but the ones where the sender goes on like Milton getting “milked” are, wholly, unnecessary, and annoying.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

I baked a nice , though small, gammon joint. It was for sandwiches, and was lovely. TA I devoured it in 10 mins and need to get another bigger one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Have to be in the office this afternoon. The only ones here are managers and sad sacks who thinking working in the office is the best craic ever. I'd rather be in my comfy clothes on my couch thanks.

The begging notifactions from Wiki. Everytime I Google something I get a notification, before you go can you donate €€€€

3Thanks!

TA is it a 'beef' , or is it 'fear' (of the c ) ?

Willie O'Connor just beat Danny Lauby in a cracker in t'darts... But Lauby wouldn't accept the embrace/fistbump from the victorious Irishman.... Was there some sort of niggling involved, or was the American dartist afeared of 'catching the c' .. ??

That's just the way things are now 😓

Certain people think they're on first name terms too, with me and come on 'very fresh'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

They aren't supposed to shake hands,fistbump etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

Work Christmas lunch…..a dose of the highest order

• Advertisement

Thanks for that 😊

It gets confusing to the onlooker - I see them shaking hands in the snooker matches... makes absolutely no sense to me... different rules for this, and different rules for that.. makes it seem as though the whole thing is either bs , or completely blown out of proportion..

also TA some Lidl or Aldi manager down in Cork were on Claire Byrne's show, on account of him telling a customer to wear a mask.. All this in a studio where I couldn't see anyone wearing one... It's all a cod 😒

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement