Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW18 transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,009 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Ya I won't be playing any chips.

Use a FT yeah. But I think we're close to a decision being made on the league overall. After tonight's games.

They can't continue with 7 or 8 clubs for the next couple weeks.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The problem with a free hit is that after the game week your team will go back to what it was. Some of those teams will miss 2 games so you fix it for this game week but you are in the same boat for the next one. Plus, a game could get cancelled after the deadline so the players you transfer in end up not playing either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Mental. Lots of people will play it and we could still end up with more games cancelled leaving them picking unattractive defensive midfield options to make up numbers. Then in a few weeks there will be double gameweeks and the free hit chip will be invaluable to give you a team with all attack midfield, flying wing backs, etc double game players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Might attack the Arsenal fixture now if it goes ahead. Livra and Wilson to Tierney and Laca is tempting. Laca might be a rotation risk in a few weeks but if I got the next 2 or 3 out of him I'd be happy, he looked really sharp last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Tierney was whipping in some great crosses against West Ham. I think I'll be bringing him in next week against Norwich for a Chelsea defender.

• Advertisement

Ya he had that cracking shot against the bar as well. Only thing is he's so injury prone. Tomiyasu would probably be a safer pick but not as much fun!

Maddison out, Saka in

Richarlison out, Watkins in

In for a penny, in for a pound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

I currently have 9 players. In that 9 are VVD, Reguilon and Bilva who are all flagged

I'm more or less fcuked aren't I?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

As it stands I have 10 players (no keepers, no subs)

Tempted to use my FT to actually get rid of Wilson for Lacazette but will probably look at a City defender instead

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

VVD has covid so he should be out for the next game. Pretty much guaranteed. Bilva might be fine. He had a niggle during the last game and they were 3-0 up so no reason to keep him playing. He might be ok for this game. Reguilon was injured a few games ago but apparently it wasn't serious so he might be ok for this one. Hard to know though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,882 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I just did exactly that.

Lacazette IN Ronaldo OUT

Watkins IN Toney OUT

Tierney IN Livramento OUT

I think it is Lacazettes place to lose at this stage. Wasn't he made captain?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

Also might bring in Saka as I only have eight potentially playing this week with the game cancellations. Looking at bringing in Martinez as well for a -4 to have a playing goal keeper and potentially a better first choice keeper longer term as Guaita has not been working out. Have the funds to go Gilmour to Saka but will wait until close to the deadline to see if there are more games called off.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭JPup

Big risk taking a hit on transfers at this stage. Any or all of the remaining matches could easily be called off yet.

Thinking of bringing in Smith Rowe. Any reason to go for Saka? ESR seems to score more when he plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Not too bad-I only have 6 players. Might take 1 hit to bring that to 8 and leave it at that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭steve_r

I have 7 players and 2 fts.

I don’t think a hit is worth it, league could be suspended altogether at this point

Really like those moves. Yeah he was vice captain so it's likely he'll be given the armband until the end of the season. Auba is supposed to be back training this week though but remains to be seen if Arteta will put him back in the starting 11 any time soon.

Madisson out Foden in, easy transfer but waiting til the deadline.

Maybe Antonio to Watkins for a -4 to make the 11 players but that would be pushing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

A hit when you've less than 11 players is not a -4 and when that new player has a game. -2 at best and that's before he possibly returns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

If I bring in Watkins for Antonio I have 10 playing presuming they all start that is. Not sure if I am bothered taking a minus 4 to try and get eleven starters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,426 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

The late deadline on Saturday makes it very easy to justify a hit or even two when you haven’t 11 starting, certainly for Arsenal and Villa players. If there’s no news by 1.30pm then those games are going ahead. So you’re reducing the -4 to -2 immediately.

Martinelli is the Arsenal mid I’d be looking at over Saka. Think Tierney is a great shout too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah I reckon everyone'll be in the same boat down players, plus games could be called off after the deadline, and also there's likely to be some bizarre DGW's later in the year with the rescheduling

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Do you think Martinelli will keep Smith Rowe out of the team for much longer though? Also he got cramp at the end of the West Ham match and had to be subbed which isn't a good sign heading into a busy schedule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭thefallingman

Sancho and benteke out Foden and Watkins in leaves me with ten playing at the moment and no more chips, covid sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭JPup

Odegaard also a decent shout at Arsenal! They have four budget midfielders who all offer a goal threat. Very unusual situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Unless he ends up getting sent off like Coufal and it becomes a -6! It’s not as straightforward as you make it out, especially not in the current circumstances. Games are getting called off 2 hours before KO so any hit is very dangerous territory at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Toney to Watkins at 1.20 tomorrow will be my move if the Villa game is on.

Possible positive case for Pep Guadiola. First test was inconclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Took Ronaldo out for Watkins. Have 10 players currently playing.

Might hold off an see if any more games are off until i make the -4 hit to bring in Cancelo for Livramento

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The analysis before the WH game the other day was that Arteta likes to play the guy on form until he loses form. I presume ESR comes back in at some point but mightn't be quick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

VVD definitely out but would wait to see if we find out about Reg and Bilva. I think Bliva was just a slight muscle injury and he was taken off as a precaution at half time, there is every chance he is available for selection. Unfortunately Pep cancelled his press conference as he might have covid so we might not get info unless they reschedule it with the assistant manager.

Advertisement