Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• I missed the show, any good anyone? Worth listening back? I see some comments re blood donating animals. Would offer BooBoo only he had cancer, he’d be an exceptional feline doner otherwise. Blood is always needed, human and animal, used to donate blood regularly decades ago, later used up my own donation so to speak; as my faaaaader always said, what goes around comes around. I’m passionate about donation, blood, tissue, organs. We all need some, some time. I feared needles as much as anyone, probably more than many, matter of gritting the teeth, feeling the fear and doing it anyway.

I was a bit distracted today, but caught a half earful of the doctor on Claire Byrne. I’m getting the distinct impression that doctors in Galway are pretty damned good. Experienced Dr Casey in 2020 who examined all the pulse in the arteries etc etc etc, all I presented with was a fish bone in throat which he approached with great thoroughness. I got to see him 30 minutes after phoning surgery, sent me to GUH for X-ray to be on safe side. And he said “it’s been a great pleasure to meet you, enjoy your Connemara holiday but I want you to be xrayed quickly, promise me that!” I then presented to GUH where I was in and out in an hour having had an X-ray to determine the bone wasn’t dangerously lodged in throat/chest. Top class service. You just don’t get anything like it in Dublin.

In meantime I’ve managed to get vaccine appointment locally, after piling a tiny bit of pressure on.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,982 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

You didn't miss much.

Granny trying to encourage early school closures so she could bizzarely spend more time over Christmas with her grand chislers in her garden, it was never made clear what's wrong with her house.😁

Followed by angry parents not wanting schools closing but also some quite deranged and manic South African with the creepiest of laughs wanting schools remaining open as he didn't want children playing near his house ( I'm actually surprised Joe didn't read his address out on air), No child should ever, ever be near this weirdo's house.😳

One former principal on, glad he's not in school anymore, Joe let slip he had a family member work at the school , a few belches, grunts, groans and wind bursts followed, very unpleasant. 🤮

Another 'Educator ' had the temerity to suggest liveline callers anti teacher, Joe lost it briefly, it was amusing.😷

Moved Bizzarely onto animal blood donations , where that came out of, utterly perplexing.

O and a Token well spoken child on with prerequisite americanised Dublin 4 accent, I was waiting for Joe to ask if she was self published, but he didn't.

That was it I think, Tune into tomorrow, Flatulent Friday the repeat 1😏

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• He’s always extremely flatulent on Friday. It’s the magnesium salts he takes to output-to-empty to fill his belly to capacity over the weekend.

Well-spoken child would be that of an RTÉ employee, of course.

The animal blood donations were in Claire Byrne, I think, and all over Facebuke etc. Thetes a drive on to encourage it to be a thing, which is good, of course. But Joe would mangle it.

South African sounds a creep, Granny with Garden sounds paranoid unless she’s desperately still seeking de booster.

Yes, I've predicted the young articulate cawlur might end up interning at RTE in later life. The Mad Afrikaaner worth a listen back too, if anything to be flabbergasted he got through but equally he got through emigration, very disturbing sounding weirdo. Granny was just confused god bless her 😁

• Advertisement

• Ok I’ll listen for de Afrikaaner! In previous times I’ve had pretty universally good experiences with South Africans (mainly in South Africa) but I do know there an be many exceptions so to speak:.

• Oh Christ I tried an attempt at listening back, but the manic man from SA freaked me out so badly I was done for 😱

• Registered Users Posts: 82,687 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He will be freaked tomorrow if it's announced that there's no coddle available in restaurants after 5pm.

Boards Going to light up today with the Recommendations of NPHET.

Liveline phone lines will be on fire and Joe will be spittling at the thought of no coddle after 5pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Won't bother him, he knocks off at 3pm, it's only the rest of us suckers who put the hours in.

There'll be Panto Hysterics at 1.45, surely we can expect to hear from Sammy Sausages, Brendan O Coddle and assorted Panto Luvvies, could be gold 😁

• I expect today’s show will be dominated by the leaked suggested restrictions. The researchers probably got an email from on high to feature it to test public opinion and see what they can get away with, without civil unrest. Joe probably got an email on his private account at home very early this morning advising against running likes of a buke flogging show. “Dear Mr DuffyHost, There’s a matter of national importance to be discussed…”

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

"So Joe which fake stories are you going to waste Ronan's time with today?"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

On today's pipple led Laive Line, with the new number....

• Death at five. That QUANGO called NIPLE say we have to stop the nosebag then or else WE MAY DIE
    • More on those bloody dogs. We replay a tape of something that has absolutely no bearing on today's show-eh.
    • We lead the campaign to recognise Irish Truffle hunters. The important things, so our cawlur tell us.

All of this cawlur led discussion, belches and more, from 1:45PM.

Post edited by Losty Dublin on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Can never understand why Joe puts on the camp voice when he says the live line is open now.

If someone rang in saying that they were bullied because of their voice Joe would be right in with what kind of person would imitate a stereotypical camp voice. 🤔

Same as when someone rang in to say being asked where are you from originally was rasist. Joe's reply was whaaat you mean to tell me in twenty 21 someone asked you where you were from originally wow wow.

That was always your go to question Joseph. Ya hypocrite🥱 belch

It's creepy, disturbing, alarming, Shocking, Horrific, Horrific Cawlur and presumably an attempt to sound funky , cool as it were, so to speak but ultimately he sounds like a bigger prick if that's even possible.

• He’s reminding the world of luvvies he’s available for pantomime to supplement de pension so to speak. Knock on every door and it may open.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

I've said it before but i think he puts on the camp voice to fool the casual listener into thinking he's a lighthearted jovial host rather than the ill mannered overpaid bully/buffoon he actually is.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

the land near us has truffles. v interesting. de pig was too greedy as de used eat dem in olden times so dog was used.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I knew it would be a nonsense cat stuck up a tree type story to deflect from the anger out in the real world

North Korea has nothing on RTE

• There’s bounty in de bog if you hunt with de dog.

Surely a Pic of Joe rummaging around for Truffles is called for, so to speak 😁 we're you put the pigs tail could be tricky

• The gubbermint email sent to Joe this morning probably also stated that he should have a truffle story lined up when the Covid pot of public opinion boils over. Once they see the result of the Liveline litmus test, it will be over to de truffles.

• One of Joe’s neighbourhood friends.

Is it just me or does the announcer sound constipated since he had to announce the new number 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

dont think it came out of the blue Joe.

• Advertisement

Keeping it local Joe, Clontaaaaaarf

Advertisement