Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lost three, won one and then realised I’d been playing rivals, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Keep meeting teams full of icons in Fut Champs so far. Don't imagine many players going to give walkovers this weekend.

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The 13 champs win objective for the swaps means you're not likely to get many free games at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

That is unfortunate the other team scoring OGs is usually my top scorer in Fut Champs.

Weirdly, I've had two in my opening 10 games, and I never see any on Friday typically. Given people have three weeks to get it, and you'd get it naturally through qualifers anyway, I don't think it will be a drastic drop off.

Like 90% of the goals I'm conceding today are bloody cutbacks 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

90% of the goals I’m scoring today are cutbacks, sorry not sorry. 😂

Is there any PL alternative for Kimpembe? I feel like such a rat for using him but he really is as OP as he’s made out to be, I’d love to switch to another player though as I feel I might get an extra free win or two without him in my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

That Fabinho is the Firmino I've always wanted.

Hope he comes down from 750k though.

Might try and get the 83+ x 25 pack from swaps and open it now instead of waiting for TOTY.

I counted today. 15 games, he was in 13 of them.

it’s insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Sums up my games tonight… this is me after 36 mins… 5-1 down. Higher shots and xG too.

• Advertisement

Rank 3 hit with three games to spare anyway. TOTGS Ronaldo caused so many quick rage quits, lol.

Atal

Gabriel

Dorsch

Gallagher

pulkrab

Gabriel

Tielemans

Caleta-Car

Took Atal and Tielemans. Can’t say either are amazing but probably the best I could have hoped for, given the poor options available.

ToTW pack - Gabriel, Batshuayi, Raum.

jumbo rare player pack - WW Taarabat, discard IF.

Suited doing it for the icon swaps anyway, but I’d say I got a decent bit of coinage towards things too anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

First time I haven't hit rank 2 in weekend league for ages. Tough games but makes sense given the icon swaps.

But.....I did beat a shamrock rovers fan with a robbie keane winning goal in the 90th minute and as a bohs fan that's better than rank 1 all day 😀

Gameplay felt absolutely awful today and I only managed to get Rank 3.

I did get Barella in my red picks, so that’s a win at least. Loved his 86 card, and now I have an even better one. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Rank 2 again with a few games to spare. WW Milinkovic-Savic in rewards. A nice 200k. Nowt else.

Was going to do that Sow SBC to pair with Vieira but then saw the leaks for team 2 + a rumoured Aouar SBC, so gonna hold off. Aouar fits better for the box to box role id say.

Still struggling my way through the online icon swap objectives. Just need 1 more through ball for the Serie A one, and need 1 more finesse goal for the PL one. Haven't started la liga yet then need to start the SB grind.

And then somewhere in all of this need to get my 7 rivals wins.

Came up against the best/most expensive team I’ve seen so far.. mid R9, mid Cantona and mid Pele with base Butra and base Seedorf on the bench. Beat him easily enough, 4-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

That Spinazzola WW card looks really good.

He's right footed though, so I'm thinking with taking prime Zambrotta in the swaps you could swap them around in-game as Zambrotta has a 5 star weak foot.

Then there's my full-backs sorted for months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Did Keane to try him out with the fodder I had and really like him.

I’m playing 4321 in game and a midfield of Keane, Kante as mid CM and Van Ginkel really gives a good strong midfield with excellent interceptions and grest passing,

tried Ginola but don’t like him so back to Coman.

van Ginkel is some hell of a player, pity his stamina is on the low side but what a CM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Can somebody explain how the winter wildcard tokens work, i have 4 so far, how or when do i cash them in so to speak?

Edit: disregard, message saved from the other day and posted it now by mistake

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I gave the weekend league a miss this weekend. I didn't miss it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

icon swaps is good craic, everyone doing golden goal so most attacking formation and team press!

I wont do the squad battles though i have more regard for my own mental health :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Yeah I was afraid most people wouldn’t but in fairness I don’t think anyone has played on.

Whoa, they've changed the weekend league rewards!! Added untradeable TOTW packs but given better tradeable packs for different levels. They must be trying to stop people giving wins away.

Major change for me then is the chances of getting a traceable IF pack is now zero. Shame, it was a handy 30k each time I played.

Once again, just driving casual players away by making it harder and harder to get decent rewards.

Yeah, I’ll still probably get rank 5 anyway whenever I do play, but this move doesn’t make any sense. TOTW packs were shite anyway, tradeable or not. Didn’t see anything wrong with the old system they had… just a move to push away the casual players as you said. Also isn’t good news for WL rewards in the future…. Fully untradeable 🤮

I normally struggle to 12 wins (rank 2) so now 1 win less gets rank 5.

Old Rank 2 vs New Rank 5

12 wins V 11 wins - positive

60k coins V 40k coins - negative

3 x (1 of 5 red picks) V 2 x (1 of 5 red picks) - negative

1 tradeable TOTW pack V 1 tradeable TOTW pack - same

1 x jumbo rare & 1 x mega (135k) V 1 x ultimate & 1 x rare (175k) - positive

2000 rivals points V 1000 rival points (this is negligible as with 7 rivals wins you will easily make up that 1000 points)

All in all, 20k less and 1 red pick down but 40k more in value of free packs and 1 less win needed means i'm happy enough tbh.

One thing that may be affected by this change is the gifted wins as people may be more inclined to push for the next rank if it's only 2 or 3 more wins instead of 4.

Also they have filled drafts with icons now - started a draft last night and i had 8 or 9 icons in my starting 11 including prime pele - first game was against a guy with even more icons. Some craic.

• Advertisement

The SB objectives are a serious slog. Ugh.

Advertisement