Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ 6.1 News changes

Comments

Catriona looks like she got a new make up artist.

Given she was unnecessarily in Derry earlier this week, it may be the early onset of some disease or other

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭spakman

Given she was unnecessarily in Derry earlier this week, it may be the early onset of some disease or other

stay classy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

They seem to have kicked Sharon Tobin out of the studio and out onto the road doing reports. Pity that, I like Sharon reading the news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Muahahaha wrote: »
    They seem to have kicked Sharon Tobin out of the studio and out onto the road doing reports. Pity that, I like Sharon reading the news.

She's alternated between both for a good while now.

I think everyone has to be prepared to do anything and everything these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I would have thought poor choice of outfit for Perry tonight. Trying to challenge Sharon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭thesultan

I would have thought poor choice of outfit for Perry tonight. Trying to challenge Sharon?
    How.? She looked well..

thesultan wrote: »
    How.? She looked well..

I didn't think the outfit suited a prime time news programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭the-island-man

thesultan wrote: »
    How.? She looked well..

https://youtu.be/X_x-AhHulqc

Skip to 1:50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Doodah7

What has what she wears got to do with anything? Do David McCullough's suits generate the same interest? No.

She is a journalist and a news presenter not a fashion model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭crossman47

Doodah7 wrote: »
    What has what she wears got to do with anything? Do David McCullough's suits generate the same interest? No.

Whatever she wore, her interview with Mary Lou last night was terrible. She didn't challenge anything she said but gave her free rein to criticise the government without any question on what she would do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭rightmove

Which one is she trying to be though!!:rolleyes:

Then it would be nice if she acted like a news presenter and dressed accordingly.

Nothing wrong with McCullough that a hair cut wouldnt fix!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Then it would be nice if she acted like a news presenter and dressed accordingly.

How should a female news presenter dress? Is there a dress code that they are meant to follow?

How should a female news presenter dress? Is there a dress code that they are meant to follow?

Well my only point of reference is watching other news channels and I would have thought that business attire, just like the men would be standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Nothing wrong with McCullough that a hair cut wouldnt fix!

It would take a lot more than a hair cut.

Well my only point of reference is watching other news channels and I would have thought that business attire, just like the men would be standard.

I don’t notice what other news women wear so that probably means you have a point.

I had always assumed the apparel is RTÉ property. Some of the stuff Sharon wears on the news can’t be what she wore going into work.

Maybe they are being told to “dress up”?

I don’t notice what other news women wear so that probably means you have a point.

I had always assumed the apparel is RTÉ property. Some of the stuff Sharon wears on the news can’t be what she wore going into work.

Maybe they are being told to “dress up”?

Honestly I don't know but I suppose I am consuming a lot of CNN these days and everybody, male and female looks well dressed. I am sure they have budgets for that.

I realize that not everybody will agree. I just thought it was a distraction that was taken away from the gravity of what yesterday was all about.

(says he who has hardly gotten dressed in a couple of weeks);)

Honestly I don't know but I suppose I am consuming a lot of CNN these days and everybody, male and female looks well dressed. I am sure they have budgets for that.

I realize that not everybody will agree. I just thought it was a distraction that was taken away from the gravity of what yesterday was all about.

(says he who has hardly gotten dressed in a couple of weeks);)

I agree with with what you say - it should “business attire”.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

What's with yer man McCullough and his lip smacking? Head wrecking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

What's with yer man McCullough and his lip smacking? Head wrecking.

Wrecks my head too, that and the looking down and the eyebrow gymnastics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Tea For Two

Think David McCullough looks like he’s lost weight lately. I’m not a big fan of him presenting the news. I think Ray Kennedy would have been a better choice. He seems to present it mostly at the weekend. One thing I notice about Caitriona Perry (apart from her extensive wardrobe) is that she always tries to get the last word in at the end of every bulletin.

I must admit I felt sorry for Emma O’Kelly (Education Correspondent) today. She was walking through a school, following a cameraman whilst recording her package, in the style of an episode of the West Wing, where everyone’s marching around the White House, discussing something with Jed Bartlet.

I think she’s a good reporter, but whoever suggested she walk around and record her report ought to be reminded they’re not there to be “creative”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I must admit I felt sorry for Emma O’Kelly (Education Correspondent) today. She was walking through a school, following a cameraman whilst recording her package, in the style of an episode of the West Wing, where everyone’s marching around the White House, discussing something with Jed Bartlet.

I think she’s a good reporter, but whoever suggested she walk around and record her report ought to be reminded they’re not there to be “creative”.

It was a bit of a disaster... The camera operator couldn't keep the camera steady. I felt a bit sea sick watching it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,515 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Catriona is wearing zebra-coloured high heeled shoes for this evening's bulletin.

Agree, McCullough seems to want to speak through his eyebrows , or from under his eyebrows.

Completely lacks any kind of presence that Kennedy and folks like Dobbo and even Eileen Dunne have.

Bad mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

"Even Eileen Dunne" ???

Even for you Dude ...that's a bit low ...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,386 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

He often seems just bored with the whole thing to me.

Absolutely…just going thru the motions.

About as lively as a six day cow pat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

He definitely seems like he is just phoning it in. Though Id wonder why he left Prime Time for the 6.1, surely the easier number was Prime Time just two nights a week rather than a 6.1 schedule spread over 7 days

• Advertisement

Personally I feel he is not a good performer in front of camera, seems much more comfortable as an academic or something like that.

Doesnt inspire any gravitas., bit like poor John Murray.. just reading stuff out.

Advertisement