Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

The stand in Taoiseach waffling about lines of people queuing for the waste of time jabs.thought he said last week that thousands were not turning up.what is it stand in Taoiseach.shove ur thanks up ur arse

• Registered Users Posts: 82,776 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Vaccines on their own won't work apparently...should we all go to mass?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Tippman24

Since this thing started we are being bombarded with figures on a daily basis, so much so, that we cannot see the wood from the trees. We are hearing about the o varient which will be followed up with a new one next week. We are letting NPHET take over the running of the country. These people were part of the Management of the HSE and the general view of the country previously was that you would not trust them to run a bath. We have been told to get vaccinated and everything will return to normal. Well most of us have got vaccinated and to hear this PM that pubs will be closing at 20.00 until January bates everything. When the pubs were closed last year, they were compensated for it. Will they be compensated for this. It recalls the answer in the Payments to Politicians tribunal " will we Fxxx". I was in a pub that caters for meals last week and was told that they lost 80% of their Christmas bookings on foot of last weeks news. Meanwhile the Country that instigated this whole situation, China, is not mentioned once in any bulletin.

Any film over 2 hours likely only gets 2 showings unless they open very early.

Spiderman is 2.5 hours so that's 1 and 4.15 probably. You're not fitting another in there if the film has to be done by 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭prunudo

It will be interesting to see how this pans out in the new year, at some stage whether nphet like it or not, we will actually have to live with covid and that means not running to the restrictions box everytime they get a bit concerned. But I won't be holding my breath with One Trick Tony at the helm.

We are at a strange point now though, one of highest vaccinated countries, 1m boosters, an over zealous vaccine cert, stable case numbers, hospital numbers declining, fairly strict hospitality rules already and yet all of the above still isn't enough for Nphet. You really have to wonder the point of it all is.

M

No indoor events after 8pm from Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Weddings limited to 100 again.

Mehole says Tony gave advice.ah is it not more like a set of orders

• Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭rameire

Think I might get married every day over the next two weeks. Party time.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

“None of this is easy, we are all exhausted”

Fúck off Micheal, and when you’re finished, fúck off again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Ah 2022 is the year lads

Thank ****, I was worried for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 13,013 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Follow the science baby.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

"We just need to get to the other side of this wave"

Does anyone actually buy this? How can he even keep a straight face while saying it?

Weakest Taoiseach in history

MM just admitted on national TV that living with COVID doesn't mean normality will return.

So rolling restrictions are now permanent.

RIP freedom.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Can I appeal to all the unvaccinated, to please get the vaccine, it really works.

And to the vaccinated, please get the booster, the vaccine doesn't really work for long.

And to those who are boostered, please be careful, it doesn't work after 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Cork2021

You still have to restrict your movements even after a booster!! Absolutely abhorrent!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Absolutely bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Heart is broken for that bar owner on rte fighting back tears. He's one of many.

This gov and NPHET have blood on their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭mightyreds

This is it every Christmas for the foreseeable I'd say, as soon as they need a scapegoat for the HSE it's lockdown

• Advertisement

Correct me if I am wrong but I don’t think curfews have been part of the restrictions anywhere else. I welcome a correction if I’m wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Yep. Science clearly says COVID thrives at nighttime. Stalks us like the nightman

• Registered Users Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Story with hotels? Surely guests staying in them can't be close off at 8pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Cases and positivity rate dropping in SA again.

Hospitality and social is not the problem at this stage of the pandemic. Anywhere I have been is doing everything right. Absolute joke.

Scapegoating **** sort out the useless HSE middle and strategic management and learn to live with the **** thing.

M

No restriction if you are a guest as far as I know. Weddings restricted to midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,671 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Philip Nolan’s modelling not looking good even in the optimistic scenario.

I might be worried if not for the fact his modelling is about as reliable as a fart after a night on the stout.

• Advertisement

Fatal blow to the booster campaign you’d think by Micheal saying vaccines won’t get us out of this.

Advertisement