Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

They want to destroy the economy??

Well, I went to the pub last night solely in case they closed them all today.

Before this week, I was going to avoid pubs today and tomorrow as I reckoned it could be messy, but I'm off to my local now. And I'll probably be out as much as I can next week in case NPHET go further off the deep end before Christmas. Plus there's a fair chance my local won't exist in January. Despite being about the safest pub I could imagine being in, it only re-opened recently after being closed 18 months.

I'm just not going for the quiet few days away spending money in the local economy that I had planned.

Meanwhile I'm going to be driven mad surrounded by parties for the next 3 weeks. There was a brief respite while the nightclubs were open, then it was back to tons of noise from midnight, and now the apartment complex is going to be full of drunk strangers mingling from 8pm every night.

Meanwhile the schools which have caused 20 times as many outbreaks as pubs over the last 2 months remain unaffected.

So well done NPHET on bringing in "restrictions" that will greatly contribute to the further spread of Covid, destroy people's livelihoods, and seriously impact the economy. Well done indeed.

• People are being forced to cram into limited spaces during the limited time. I think the policy is to break the spirit into not bothering to go out at all.

I remember Alan getting his arse handed to him on LiveLine I think it was badmouthing another rival panto organiser who then phoned in and exorcised his right to reply, reminds me now I meant to see if he(the promoter who's name escapes me) sued RTE. Alan basically said he was a one show a year man and paid no tax here and shouldn't be getting a share of the grants etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

In real terms Hospitality getting a pittance and staff feck all , Pantos on for a few weeks a years getting 100's of thousands thrown at them, if I recall Alan Hughes Husband angered last year at having to justify €400k in grant supports last year.

We're all in this together if your a Luvvie it seems 🙄

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

No it's not,far from it.

People have taken enough seriously,including the contributions of enough Clowns to staff Fossets Circus for a century,so how SERIOUS do you want to take it ?

Work away Sez I 😳

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement

You Are completely correct , it was radio gold , arrogant , self entitled prick so to speak 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Denny61

Who wants to go to pubs anyway. For Christ sake ..all you can do.is stay sitting around a small table still talking to the same people you walked in with..and paying 5euro or more for a pint..why put yourself tru all that when you can stay at home have cheap drinks and watch TV. Lovely fire and can move around..??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

How about people stop going for PCR tests? What's the point in them, other than being used to scare people? Philip Nolan saying his modeling saying 8000 cases a day. So **** what? Everything on rte this evening sensationalizing and ramping up the fear. Listen to MM this evening bigger greater scarier Omicron. Why are people scared of a new variant, it's what always happens with viruses. If viruses didn't mutate, life would cease to exist. It's the natural way of things. We really need smarter people to be our betters, before people start to lose it. Have a good weekend lads. I sure will

Mary Lou coming up on RTE News shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Shao Kahn

It's all terrible advice.

They're destroying society, one incompetent decision after another!

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I'm with you on that. Wouldn't be though if I were in my 20's!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,247 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'm up for a booster shortly but debating it because well, what's the point?

MM mentioned in his speech I believe that everyone should get vaccinated and then get boosted.

But for what?

Hospitalisations are down but restrictions are up.

Yes, the vaccine was there to stop hospitalisations, severe illnesses and they're working but what other vaccine in the world still has massively high restrictions, social distancing, hospitality closing, mental health at an all time low, people losing jobs, etc. People are stilll dying from covid.

Variants change I understand that but this vaccine costs billions and billions of euro and we'll be forever indebted to it.

If the vaccine was so good and we're paying billions and billions for it, why are we still in this mess?

This person is a fine example as to the power of propaganda, and the damage it can do. God bless him.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

• Registered Users Posts: 86,463 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

There is a significant time delay from cases to hospitalisations. You need only look at the UK to see what Omicron is doing in terms of record breaking spread, despite high vaccination rates. If you wait until the hospitals are overloaded, it is far, far too late to fix things.

The vaccine is fantastic. Never before have humans managed such a quick turnaround for a vaccine, and on top of that, members of the coronavirus family do not have the most successful history in terms of vaccine development. However, many countries have low vaccination rates, hence the spread is still high, then you get new variants with a chance of vaccine evasion. If the entire world was 90%+ vaccinated, it would be extremely difficult to get new variants, as the virus doesn't have enough people without immunity to burn through.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Enough is enough now. We were sold a line that vaccination was the way out of this.

we need mass protests now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,958 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Removing RTE TV and radio from your life is so refreshing. It's either Covid, Cancer, Case numbers, Assisted dying, Death and/or Misery. Same sh!t different day.

Step away and leave it for the masochists who like that sort of thing every day it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,247 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Thanks for the reply.

Our hospitals are always overloaded though, what has been done to improve that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

SF killing themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

Spoofers and **** charlatans, if NPHET is to remain then everyone attached now needs the boot - especially Tony. Enough is enough

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

That is absolutely a fair point and something I seriously hope many countries address after this pandemic. Unfortunately with manufacturing shortages etc, it is very difficult to, for example, double your hospital capacity overnight. It takes a while to build new hospitals and source the needed equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

We could be in for an extremely serious few weeks if the Gulf Stream does a wobble,or a Volcano in North Wales erupts...that's about the logic of this Fear peddling.

This viewpoint would really be best-served by making up a sandwich board,painting the front message "HERE COMES COVID" and the rear facing one "THERE GOES COVID" and cycling around one's parish ringing a bell. (Apologies to Oliver J Flanagan Supporters everywhere)

If Countries and their peoples are to ever regain the right to freely exist,which has so easily been taken from them under the guise of various pieces of "Emergency Legislation",then NOW is the time to push back against the lunatic fringe !

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Offies will have queues outside at 8.30 that'd be the envy of Coppers. They'll probably be closing at 8 in a week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Anyone know What time is the usual media questioning of the 3 “leader” on at? It’s usually on RTE NEWS channel after the announcement

Of course albeit to be honest I never have ,never will watch that Shyte 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭noraos

That's his ego talking ...he's hardly gonna admit..he wanted 5pm and lost ...its like watching Mean Girls..rule our lives..

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."-Oscar Wilde

• Registered Users Posts: 9,178 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

It's official, the conspiracy theorists were right! I hate saying it but that's a fact... The Christmas of super spreading house parties is among us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I spend all day and night in the same 4 walls mainly as there is very little open or to do and the WFH mandate so I like getting out and having somewhat of a social life. I don't like it being me and my wife forever in the house with nothing else to do cause its all cancelled.

Advertisement