Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I would say most businesses are going to be closed tomorrow. Lidl, Tesco, Aldi all closing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Rustic Boowa cafe is opening in old Mannix shop at Clash Cross roundabout. Nice to see it occupied again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I noticed work going on in there. Hopefully they do well. Lots of places to eat in that area of town now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,772 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

• Registered Users Posts: 47 FM252

Looks great but I will never go because of location. I am different side of town but it is always busy that direction so hope they get the foot traffic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Reckon the same re foot traffic. Not the place to stop. May get business from the college. Hope it works out for them.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

I'm the other side of town too but think around there is a really easy place to park, lots of parking around Dunnes or in front of Horan centre shops and up the side. I love Iceland as it's basically the one supermarket you can park feet from the door! I have never failed to get a space along that stretch there as people come and go quickly, hardly a long walk from there to the shop on the corner. I think it's a really handy place for a bakery type place, only O'Mahonys possibly is easier, any of the downtown ones you'll have to park up and walk further to them.

There's actually a fair bit of parking hidden away to the rear of Iceland by the Lane Brothers furniture store too.

The fish and chip shop (Tonys?) thay was previously did not last long at all. This new business already operated a mobile food van and catering so hopefully has a customer base already familiar with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

The Booster Jab situation in Town is a bit chaotic - hopefully this will save some of you some legwork. I thought that going through a Pharmacy would be easier than waiting for a MVC appointment that might not suit. The HSE website lists Pharmacies in Town that are doing it. So CH Chemists are listed but they told me that they are not, but that Ryle's on Ashe Street were even though they are not listed on the HSE website. So I phoned Ryle's but they are booked through to the New Year but put me on a waiting list if slots open up. The person also told me that the Moyderwell Pharmacy are also doing it, even though they are not listed on the HSE website either. So I called the Moyderwell Pharmacy. They were full up for this week but would be able to get me in next week and will call back as when next week they will be doing it. Boots are listed as doing the jab and they are. When I phoned I was told they were booked up through the 16th and you have to book online. I went online and you cannot seem to book any slots for Tralee whatsoever - go figure.

Mounthawk pharmacy do them every Friday morning. But you need to get there early as they ran out after about an hour last week! You don't need to book, just turn up and fill out a form. Its first come first served basically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 FM252

It's nationwide problem. Absolute disaster really with serious incompetence. Lucky vaccinations kept us from lockdown and didn't depend on boosters. Would have bigger story if it had serious consequences

Report on hack on HSE wasn't good reading

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

I managed last week to get a booking for Boots Killarney for 16th but I happened to be travelling back home earlier in the week from up the country so had a quick look at HSE and found a walk in booster clinic in Limerick on Wednesday, it happened to suit as I was going to be quite near it anyway. I was there shortly after opening and was back in my car just over an hour later, bit of a queue but not too bad.

I decided not to wait for HSE to give you an appointment as apparently the over 60s are only going to be sent a time/date once 6 mths is up from last one even though you can get it after 5 mths so don't know what that's about! Heard a doc on the radio with PK mentioning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Got the jab this a.m. in West Kerry. Called one pharmacy yesterday, they couldn't schedule till next week (and weren't sure they would have the vax available then, either.) Second pharma offered the appointment this a.m., no muss, no fuss. I think the WiFi is working better now though.

Only difference is one pharmacy is newer than the other, the newer one might have better refrigeration facilities.

Out of interest, apart from it having to be at least 5 months after your last jab, are there age limits for boosters at this time or can any adult of any age book an appointment at a pharmacy or GP?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Got a text last Friday with an appointment for the Booster for Saturday morn(yesterday). Went up to Borg Warner in Monavalley about 30 mins early. No issue. Straight in, took my details, saw a nurse straight away. Got the jab & waited the 15 mins. Was in & out in less that 25 mins. Very well organised like it was for the first 2 jabs up at the IT.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Got a phone call from the Pharmacy on Sunday to come in at 10am Tuesday morning for the jab. The obviously have to get enough of people to show to justify taking it out of the fridge.

I see Jam have opened upstairs in Manor shopping centre. They haven't opened downstairs yet, no work has started in there to date. I assume just going to do that in the new year. It seemed quite busy up there on Wednesday when I popped into Tesco. I didn't have time to check it out.

I just read that Caroline O'Brien from O'Brien dental in Boherbee (daugher of Dr. O'Brien), died suddenly today. Very sad news. RIP and condolences to her family.

Death Notice of Caroline O'Brien (rip.ie)

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pickled101

Totally agree with your opinion. Wonder are there any offers?.

T.

New bar called McCaffrey's opening in the unit that used to be Ella Marias (opposite Vals). Same owners as Sean Ogs. I think it will be a cocktail bar...Bad timing to open a bar though! It has a lovely traditional shopfront to it. Best of luck to them!

Edited as I had the wrong location.

Post edited by Ciarrai76 on

Its still far too over priced. The original house/site was bought very cheap, but they spent the money on making the house energy efficient, so obviously looking to make that money back. They will find it hard to sell at that price when you can buy a house for that price or less in areas like Ballyard, The Spa etc. Its too close to main road and very bare the whole way around. It will take a while for trees to grow and make it more private. Nice house, but not worth the price for where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

The anti-vaxx loolahs were out in force in the Mall today singing Christmas songs. They're a mystery to me.

There seems to be a new cafe opening in where the Gem used to be, next to the Abbey. Hope they do ok. Nothing has really done too well in there.

Passed there tonight. Really nice front. Looked very busy inside. Seems to extend into next building closer to Sean Ogs.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Can anyone recommend gym/fitness classes for over 65s in and around Tralee?

The Arena Gym in Princes St has quite a few gym goers who are in their 50's so its definitely a gym to try out. They have really nice personal trainers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I think they're a mystery to every sane person.

Advertisement