Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asking for a refund for non delivery?

Options
  • 17-12-2021 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

What are consumer rights in relation to non delivery of goods?

I placed an order on the 22nd of November to an Irish shop. It took a while to dispatch due to black Friday. It was December the 2nd by the time it showed up on the DPD website tracking and there it sat until the 15th of December. I got onto the shop last week on the 9th of December to see what the status was. They were able to look into it and get it moving. It was December the 15th by the time I got a message to say it was out for delivery. There was somebody at home all day but it wasn't delivered and it was returned to depot.

I asked for a refund of this order but the shop has stalled on the refund in the hope that dpd will deliver to me.

Am I within my rights to ask for a refund at this stage? We are into the afternoon of another working day and there's still no update to the tracking or delivery.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭glitterIsland

Can anyone help me please?

There was no delivery last week with my order. Last week I asked for a refund. They didn't refund me and the shop followed it up with the courier company. There was still no delivery all week. I asked for a refund on Thursday but the shop dithered. I asked for a refund again yesterday but my email was ignored.

I went to chargeback because it was ridiculous. The courier wasn't going to deliver my package and the shop was still holding out for the courier to deliver to me.

I got an email this morning from the shop and in it they asked me to cancel the chargeback and they can refund me and she explained I will be waiting a while for the chargeback.

The shop does appear to be genuine and the lady on email does appear to be a nice lady and I have faith that it's genuine and above board. Just the courier company let me down.

I don't know what to do now. If I should continue with the chargeback or cancel it and let the shop refund me. I would be worried that if I cancel the chargeback and the shop doesn't refund me I might loose out on getting my money back after non delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Tell the nice lady that when you see the refund in your account you will cancel the chargeback.

You are being asked to do something and just hope for the best that they are genuine.

Offer them the same option.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

This. The shop should be bouncing off the courier. You are not the couriers customer - the shop is. You don't have to put up with this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Even if they deliver you still have 14 days to return and get a full refund.

It's a legal entitlement

Advertisement