Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Sobit1964

There's a whole grift built on this mess - from doctors to mask sellers to media pundits - the snouts at the trough are many. Its also a wholesale acceleration of the destruction of small business in favour of MNCs. Plenty are making good bank from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

So 218% increase....while helping to end the pandemic.

Apple: $57 -> $179

Google (alphabet): $1038 -> $2960

Remember Pfizer only manufacture the vaccine, they didn't develop it. So any CT **** about making it less effective to sell a 3rd/4th dose should not be directed at Pfizer.

I read this as the UK is modelling on the worst case possible and searching for justification not because of science, but because of politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Fair enough but you could have done without the condescending tone which started with “see”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭acequion

Well perhaps you should look at his posts on Twitter before jumping to the conclusion that his remarks on Twitter don't wield influence. Fine if you don't like Twitter and don't read it but the fact is, a great many do. And have you not seen him on The Late Late Show? Now before you rubbish TLLS and if you did you'd have me in agreement because personally, I detest it, there's no denying the huge audience it enjoys throughout conservative middle Ireland. So stop trying to deny the undeniable about Holohan's huge influence over Government and public at large.

As for your comments about the CMOs of other countries, you might be surprised that many other countries are quite different to Ireland not only in their approach to the pandemic but in their approach to the various medical and scientific experts in their countries. Comparing Holohan to other CMOs really is apples and oranges. The whole cult of Holohan is a very Irish thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Have my booster on Thursday, almost not bother at this stage but nice to have it when the reissues of the covid cert are announced

We might get to stay out after 8 from Tues 19th April 2022 which will be after the Easter weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Steveimitation

Nope May bank holiday two weeks after that. Couldn't be having that could we?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yep we have to protect the schools for the Leaving Certificate, feck it might as well wait til end of June

If you are now seeing through the stupidity of it all - welcome to the right side of history - make sure you do you part, at a minimum tell your local TD that they wont be getting a vote and why - email them NOW. The next steps will require more, but thank you for starting on the path, the more people like you, the quicker this will end.

• Advertisement

Its been the biggest over exaggeration ive ever seen with 410 in hospital and the most vunerable now tripe dosed with the vaccine.

We don't even know if the 410 in hosptial are vaccinated, have underlying conditions or there for something else besides Covid but just tested positive.

I think the whole thing is over to be honest but the government just not sure about this Omincron variant.

Some are vaccinated, some have underlying conditions, some were there but tested positive. That's been that way since the start. The same question can be asked when we had 2000 in hospital.

Yes there's a lot of uncertainty around omicron. If you were in the Governments position would you just open up and hope and pray it's milder and so mild it offsets the massive growth rate advantage it has?

You could ask yourself why are they leaving the schools open and tackling the hospitality sector? The 8PM closing time is just going to mean house partys and the government know this well.

They were manipulating the stats about schools for the best part of 12 months.

Its two years later, they need to be backing up their restrictions with scientific evidence or Mehole Martin and Tony can just F U C K O F F.

NPHET have been wrong throughout the whole thing. Pile of clueless W A N K E R S

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Lmao they keep schools open because this is the one thing middle Ireland gets vocal about. Somehow someway all those who are involved in education are going to avoid spreadng this out of control variant. It's very shady. There's 3 days of potential spread between Monday and the Xmas holidays. Then those same people will be in other people's houses over the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,655 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

On the ordered list of things to open first, schools come just after essential retail, that's why they stay open even though they are riskier for spread, entertainment is at the bottom of that list just before office workers.

So your beef with hospital stats is now focused on schools? Are hospital stats unimportant and now schools are?

Do you not believe a child's education is more important that people having an extra few hours drink?

Are 100 random people in a pub going to go to the same house party?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Well that's up to the individual. I won't be having Christmas dinner with any other family members, so my kids who are in school won't be potentially spreading anything to anybody else. But of course those who do do large family gatherings and are unfortunate to have a case passed, will blame the government for not closing the schools early. Personal responsibility doesn't get talked enough about imho.

• Advertisement

People's livelihoods at this stage are more important than kids in primary or secondary missing a couple of weeks of school.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

ill play your game the same way:

S&P 500 index

march 2020=2305

December 2021=4620

% Gain 100%

% gain Pfizer 116%

also remember statistics and number theory so it’s harder to double a larger number. Essentially Pfizer has risen in line with the S&P excluding the fact they introduced an new treatment (not vaccine) for Covid as well (which accounts for the current run up).

so your point is bullshít, but to the dimwit feeble minded it will be like the cure to cancer

So people livelihoods for a few weeks is more important than kids education for a few weeks. (I know most people see the closing time for pubs and think it only effects drinkers, never thinking about the employee's)

But if you decide to close schools, so people can go drinking, what message does that send? Also, those kids parents need to be taking time off work to mind them. Not everyone can't work from home and even those that could, can't work while trying to educate and look after their kids.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod - once again thread has gone wildly off topic and posts that belong in the CT forum are here, all over this thread and others.

Posters pushing blatant conspiracy nonsense are already being banned from this forum and will continue to be. There's been tons of mod warnings, all ignored.

Great reset, vaccine conspiracy, follow the money etc all belong in the CT forum

https://www.boards.ie/categories/conspiracy-theories

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

We weren't allowed travel by plane until July 19th or eat indoors until August. Festivals were never allowed despite the young being vaccinated *and* not being at risk.

We got vaccinated and now boosted and we're locked down both summer and winter here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

The fact we are not told this, undermines pretty much every other statistic for me. Its basic and not a big number.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Will there be a level 5 lockdown post Christmas?

Also I am hesitant about getting the booster jab if another vaccine specifically tweaked to protect against Omicron is already being developed and is likely to be deployed within months.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭tomgrange1978

Is the new virus extremely dangerous?

the government and many people like yourself say yes, well then every day we wait to shut schools and all other truly non essential business then we are killing people for no other reason but selfishness.

we are all in this together, we need a complete lockdown for at least 3 months with the suspension of all wages and household expenses, all households to receive 250 per household member weekly from government to feed themselves

we can do this, we can stop the virus but we must be truly in this together, no more discrimination between the powerful and the weak , between the public and private sector

also we need to start a conversation about real inequality, we have to increase all taxes to make sure we Can end inequality, higher levels of taxes on income and gains and inheritance must be hitting 75% plus , we are all in this together

come on Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 32,780 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Those restrictions in the Netherlands are pretty tough...I could imagine the reaction here if they shut down non essential retail in the run up to Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

This is getting alarming whatever side of the argument people are on. I'm sensing the 8pm closing is going to be just the start. Countries with far more efficient health service systems taking drastic action.

I'm beginning to think once Christmas week over we're heading for the dreaded level 5, hope I'm wrong.

Hard to believe its only 3 weeks since we even heard of Omicron.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement