Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Could have been a couple of thousand cars waiting on that part so I can't imagine they'd have the ability to flash all the cars wherever they were stored.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

You said it appeared a few weeks ago and disappeared again? Same happened us a few weeks ago with part two. Emailed the vw connect address and they sorted it.

I've been emailing VW and then yesterday they asked if I received the opt in email which I haven't so maybe they will send me this.

But strange the update came through anyway but absolutely ridiculous that if the car is on the list to get an update that you can't just search for updates and download. Mad 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Well if anyone wants to translate the m/kWh to kWh per 100km or whatever it is you lot use...

This was my long run today. Deliberately didn't stop for a charge as I wanted to see the damage.

77kWh Tour. Charged to 100% overnight but dropped 1% by defrosting this morning as I forgot to do it while it was still charging. So left at 99% to drive from Donegal to Belfast (Holywood actually) and back.

185 miles travelled, with about a 2 hour stop while in Holywood. Back to Derry for another 2 hour stop and then on the last 12 miles or so home.

Left this morning with the temperature at 2 degrees, dropped to -2 at times and lots of fog over the Glenshane. Got up to 8 degrees going into Belfast, but back down to 5 by the time we got home.

Used 90%, at an average of 2.7m/kWh. So I'd get about 205-210 miles (330km or so) on a full charge.

That's down from 270m/435km in August.

Big drop, but I'm happy with 200 miles overall in winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Think it needs a wash ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Liam2021

Currently charging the id3, it is charging at 7kw on a home charger. Will this be bad for the battery. I am using the charger that came with the id4 as it was already plugged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Bad in what way? You need to charge it when it’s low! :)

and what do you mean by “as it was already plugged in”?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Liam2021

There is two different cables for both cars. I had the xable connected to the wall box from the id4 so I decided to use that rather then take out the one from the id3 which only charges at 4kw.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You must have gotten a lower rated cable for the ID3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

You are using the cable that your id3 should have come with. Will allow 7kW charging from most home charge points. Don’t worry. It’s kind on the battery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Have my ID.3 Family, 58KWh due in for feb, VW wallbox sitting there waiting to be installed. Kinda worried now that I didn't pick the Tour 5, but the family was already pushing my budget.

VW wallbox sitting there waiting to be installed.

did you buy the extra bits that are required to make it load sensing?

there are a few bits(clamp, connector) you need to buy, which an electrician won’t know about unless he has fitted the VW charge point before.

I posted the bits earlier on this thread I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

No? Where do I find out about that?! Buy them? Ask the electrician?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

That 330km will be the longest journey we do in a Tour also so will be interesting to see how we get on when we head North on Thursday, will be arriving with zero at that rate.

I would imagine you are A6 then M2 for that journey so not a huge amount of motorway miles?

We might have to stop this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

looking at the spec sheet it would appear you need a CT clamp for the load balancing, I would imagine your dealer would be able to sort you out for one and I can't imagine that it is a huge expense. Wouldn't think an electrician would have one unless he is doing a lot of VW charger installs.

Here is my post on it from earlier in the thread.... funnily enough. I was replying to you then as well! ;)

Charged up today at Ionity Cashel, my penultimate free charge, still €12 remaining. Will use that up on a Dublin trip on Tues, my We Charge offer ending on Wed.

Today when starting charge car was at 17% and charged to 100% (Driving immediately after). Took 46.05kWh. Looks like the usable battery is about 55.5kWh.(58kWh model). I know I would need to let the battery % get lower for a more accurate figure. Don't know how that compares to when car was new, but don't notice any range decrease after almost 24K km. Am I correct to say that Ionity only shows what the car takes on, after losses?

Car driven 276 km since last charged(Also to 100%) and 65 km indicated remaining (17%). No motorways, most on 80 and 100 km/h roads. Plus town and city. Apart from this morning temp down here was 8 or 9C so there was little if any battery heating. This morning left without pre heating car (Temp about 3C with fog) and efficiency was very poor for first 40 km or so (About 25kWh/100km) but reduced quickly after that to 16.8kWh/100km. Also sun was quite strong this afternoon (Apart from odd fog bank) so heater draw would have been very little.

Just normal driving on normal roads, being held up quite a lot with slower traffic. I try to drive smoothly, but certainly not slowly. In "D" freewheeling as much as possible.

As an aside, Cashel was very quiet today over lunch time. I was the only EV there for the duration.

Before plugging in:

After charging to 100%:

Trip home was warmer in strong sun (most of the time), car showing 287 km remaining after 90 km driven since charging. I am aware that will reduce by perhaps 30 km on my next cold start if temp low again.

The average speed includes stopping in Clonmel with the car powered up for about 5 mins, otherwise kept to speed limits or a little more. But good day for driving, dry roads and no wind.

I emailed VW again and they asked if I had received the opt in email, I replied no, they then said that it will be the end of Feb 22 before I receive the opt in email never mind the actual update.

Very strange because what flashed up on my screen that time ? definitely said software update and not to do it while driving.

It's just bonkers that the update has to be pushed and the car can't just check for updates and grab them, very bad, I mean, shocking!

I'm convinced v 3.0 won't come until 2023 at this rate!

I'd probably be more annoyed only 2.3 doesn't offer much. I guess it's the way VW roll out the updates annoys me the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

It's about 35-40 miles of motorway speed in each direction now, with the various bits of the A6 upgraded to dual carriageway.

• Advertisement

Got tp the Blanch site this morning 11% remaining, plugged in and says 5.5 Hrs to charge at 11 Kw.

So 11% of 77 Kwh + 8.47 Kwh remaining, 5.5 hrs charging at 11 Kw = 60.5 Kwh + 8.47 Remaining = 68.47 Kwh total which doesn't add up. I didn't check the EV Notify App to see what % it said is remaining. This is missing 8.43 Kwh, we already know it's an 84 Kwh battery which means 7 Kwh Buffer and there's 77 Kwh available so where's the 8.43 Kwh ? unless the car is hiding it from me and telling me I've 11% when I really have more, that would explain it.

This is why I want VW to add "Kwh Used" in energy consumption so I can track this easier lol, ffs how hard can it be ?

I don't know, don't have any way of checking the battery accurately. But looks as though I have about 55.5kWh usable (58kWh version), which appears similar to when I got car 15 months ago (24K km). Have never run car down very low, but hoping there is a decent low buffer..

Yeah I think the car is reporting 11% but more like 18-20%. I know the Leaf used to report --- remaining but would carry on for 20 more Kms, those were scary times lol.

I never thought to check the app to see what it was reporting but this is why I would like to see Kwh used in the car somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,504 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Could be just a rounding thing

11.4*5.5 add 8.47=71.17

No Don't think so. 77 Kwh usable missing around 8.4 I'd say it's the car reporting less than I have to be honest.

Covered around 8,200 kms already lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

"we already know it's an 84 Kwh battery"

it's an 82kWh battery not 84

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭okane1

Update on my order. Ordered end of Oct'21 and today informed its due to be ready for collection on the 1st July. First update I got since ordering it - now a line in the sand.

Business pro performance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

First of July?

Oh deary me. I hope that's a typo, otherwise I hold out little hope for my September order, so. (Tour 5)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

August 2021 order-

Been given a July 2022 delivery date.

T5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

June 21' order of an ID3 Tour w. Heat Pump, now collecting on Jan 6th FINALLY!

Advertisement