Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice re sports direct refund issue

Options
  • 19-12-2021 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi, has anyone any advice in where to go from here?

I bought a lot of clothes in sports direct at the start of December. I know their usual policy has been exchange or credit note however when I went to try items on I was told the changing rooms were still closed.

As I'm pregnant I wasn't sure what would fit me so I bought items in multiple sizes to try on at home. I spent €120.

Before purchasing at the till I asked if I can return items for a refund as I was unable to try anything on. I was told yes til the 9th of January.

So today I tried to return them for a refund. Girl asked if I wanted a credit note and I explained the changing room being closed and that I was told I could get a refund and she said no problem. She had an issue scanning through the items for the correct refund amount so called the manager.

He then told me that I couldn't get a refund as they reopened their changing rooms at the start of November. I explained that I was told they were closed two weeks ago and wouldn't have bought so many items in multiple sizes if I was unable to return for a refund.

He would only offer a credit note which is unacceptable and especially at this time of year I needed the refund. He wouldn't budge.

He said he couldn't tell from the receipt who was working that day to confirm, he would need to look into it.

I even remember while I was at the till purchasing at the time someone else asked about the changing rooms and were told they were closed also.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement