Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's see your Christmas trees! *No quoting pics please*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Andrew93

Update here’s the other grotto we have in the house 🎅🏻🎄

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Tree up. Took our time with it. Go team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Work in progress in our house.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Sideways post? Second tree up now and inside decorations done. Only outside to go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

One of the other posters said that if you take a screenshot of your pic and post it they it will be the correct orientation. Worked a treat.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Well, all done in time for tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

A few more!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Amazing Leahyl. Especially love your fireplace.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 17,115 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Oh wow, leahyl! That all looks like a professional job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭tscul32

That looks so clean and neat

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Beautiful Leahyl 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Beautiful trees everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

The tree is up!!! :D

Post edited by DavyD_83 on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

First Christmas in our first home meant we needed our first Christmas tree.

It could do with more lights but that's an upgrade for next year.

We've a few other window lights and festive bits on the wall but we weren't able to go too mad. The collection will build over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Aisling, I think your lights are beyond perfect. Gorgeous tree in fact, well done! Happy first christmas together, what a special time for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Love it gidget! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Unfortunately last year's tree topper the pudding is deep in hiding. So a penguin is on stand-in duty. Multi lights always come out blue pff. Eventually this room will be totally Christmas-afied but we are just on Christmas #2 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Santan

Not my home but in my restaurant, hope it still counts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Ah sure I may as well join in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Don't know why I don't just repost last years or the year befores or all the way back to 2010's Christmas Decorations photo's because very little changed. 🤣

[EDIT] Actually, one thing changed!! After 10 years I finally had the Eureka moment about how to make our lives much easier decorating that 10ft Living-room tree without teetering on a step-ladder up and down, move ladder, up and down, move ladder round and round the tree for an hour. LOL. The Trick?? Do the Living-room Tree before the Dining-Room Tree. Put the bottom two sections (Rather than the whole 4 section tree) in the Tree base in the middle of the room with the 4 feet on Floor sliders as normal. Put the Top two sections of the Living-room Tree into the Tree Base belonging to the Dining-room Tree set up on the floor beside the bottom two sections. Now the Bottom two and the Top two sections of the Tree are effectively like 5ft trees that we can decorate by simply walking round and round the tree with the lights and handfuls of decorations. When done a family member gets up on a step-ladder only once to provide a guiding hand....as I use my superior upper body strength to lift the now easily decorated top two sections of the tree out of the Dining-room tree base and up onto the Bottom two sections. Now mated together we just Slide the Completed 10ft Tree onto the corner of the room. Dining-Room Tree base is now free again to start on the Dining-room Tree. Another new trick this year was we labelled the last light in each of the two 600 LED Light Strings so we can find the last light when it comes to unwinding the lights and taking it all down in January. ie. One was labelled 'First On/Last Off' and the other was labelled 'Last on/First Off'. This will help greatly as there is some overlap of the two sets and if you start unwinding the wrong set first you end up with a morass of light-strings interwoven together, which usually just get dumped in a bag with a note from our January selves to our future selves the following November which reads something like, 'A Big F U 2021 Calibos from your good friend 2020 Calibos!!' LOL.

Actually, the Stairs and Landing Garland ended up being very quick and easy this year too and will also be easier to take down in January. The 1000 Light set we usually used on it got broken last year and I couldn't find a direct replacement this year so ended up buying two 600 light sets. So 200 more lights but importantly two of us were able to simultaneously hang the lights on the garland in two sections. One of us did the stairs section with one set and the other did the landing section with the other set and never the twain did meet...and no messy overlaps etc

Living Room 10ft Tree & Fireplace Garlands

Dining Room 7ft Tree and Fireplace Garlands

Hall Mini Side Table Tree and Hall, Stairs and Landing Garlands

Post edited by Calibos on

Damn Calibos. That is some good work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Wow 😍😍😍😍😍

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

My 7ft tree with 1500 white leds and about 150 coloured fairy lights...

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭dubstepper

There is a house near me with a kind of sun room visible from the road. Behold...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Wasn't going to bother showing my tree this year, as it's the same every year! Anyhoo, here she is:

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

This years

Advertisement