Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric gates - disable automatic open

• 19-12-2021 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hello. Is it possible to easily disable the automatic vehicle opening function on my electric gates with the Proteco Q60A/R controller fitted? I can access the controller board inside the control box.

The gate is opening when the kids ride their bikes up to it which I want to avoid. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭meercat

what are you using to open the gate automatically. Just disconnect the power to the photocells/ underground loop

dont disconnect in the controller. Disconnect at the sensor itself

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dutch Roll

Thanks. I'm guessing it's something underground as there is a rectangular mark in the tarmac. There is a photocell/beam to keep the gate open, and I also don't want to lose the normal keypad entry method if possible. Just not sure what to disconnect, was hoping someone here would know.

Impossible to tell from here but it’ll be a wire connected to terminals 1 or 7. Most likely number 1. I don’t advise anyone that’s not competent disconnecting from the panel though as I’d be concerned that something else would also be connected to the same terminal. ie a keypad at gate or an intercom push button in the house. So in effect there could be 3 cables connected (one of which is the underground loop)

Ok lovely stuff thanks. I seem to remember a mess of wires connected into the controller board at different points, that must be what you said with multiple things connected to a single terminal.

I'll disconnect each one in turn and identify it that way. Thanks.

Take a photo before you start.(to help identify cables in case you run into difficulties)

• Advertisement

You should have seen the rats nest of wires that greeted me upon opening the weatherproof box...whoever did the original install should be ashamed...

Anyway, got this sorted today, thanks for the advice!

great stuff

Yeah that’s why I’d never advise anyone to open it up

one pull of a wrong cable makes it a nightmare to sort out

did you sort it yourself btw

Yea just plugged out wires from position 1 till I found the correct one. Got it on the 2nd go, I got the intercom first.

Hopefully never have to open that box again!

Great stuff. You can reconnect it when the kids get bigger

Advertisement