Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,582 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

What's wrong with the author mentioning the Great Reset?

And the answers to the MP's questions are in the tweet linked to in the article.

Do you think a government of a democratic nation should be entering into legally binding agreements with unelected organisations such as WEF? And not even consult the people before entering into the agreements.

Can you provide a source for the claim that isn't a right wing blog that is known for pushing false stories? Eg I've searched the quote in dutch and it firstly appears to misquote a dutch document. So it is very much so relevant in terms of what exactly is "legally binding". The fact your source is resorting to referring to the "WEF" as a "disgusting" organisation makes it one of the less credible outlets by default.

So point us to some dutch news sites that offer an analysis rather than ones with an outright agenda and a poor reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

So why do you think that the Twitter and bitchute cranks you swallow all your bulshit from aren't also trying to fool and manipulate you?

We've see on this thread that they've tricked you guys into believing all manner of silly **** like marks of the beast and the vaccines being dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Right. As I've mentioned many times, conspiracies and collusion happen all the time, only have to open a newspaper. However myself and other posters are pointing out the glaring fact that these are rarely discussed here.

We generally get the "other stuff" here. It's like the twilight zone, and many "conspiracy theory" forums have the same kind of content. Very far-fetched stuff, usually based on denial/incredulity/pseudo-science to hint at conspiracy innuendo rather than anything with substance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I do have an interest, in disputing stuff that isn't true. There are quite a few posters here like that.

You on the other hand, have an interest in conspiracies, regardless of the truth.

That one poster I was pointing out had no interest in either, hence the question to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Governments enter into legally binding agreements with organisations every day of the week, from who is supplying coffee cups to Leinster house to who is building the Children’s hospital, so what’s you point?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,105 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Why ?

Because an claims made without even the most rudimentary verifiable facts are just incoherent ramblings.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Err yeah. Thats exactly the kind of thing that we vote governments in to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

You’d swear that conspiracy theorists don’t understand democracies at all.

• Advertisement

Do you think legally-binding agreements with WEF in the areas of Sustainable Investment Policy, Tropic Forrest Alliance, Food System Initiative, and Food Innovation Hubs should be put to the people first?

I don’t see why not, we elect governments to make decisions on our behalf. Do you think every agreement a government enters into should be voted on by the people? There wouldn’t be much time left for doing other things if we did.

What is the conspiracy behind it?

It really sounds excellent because governments are notorious for avoiding such issues. Now they have legally committed to facing them head on. What does that have to do with covid though and the permanency of countermeasures?

But those agreements that the Dutch Government entered into with WEF are pretty important and far-reaching and I think the people should be consulted on them. And, as afar as I'm aware, the Dutch Government has so far not revealed what the agreements consist of. Do you think it should?

Dr. Michael Yeadon and others recently lodged a complaint with ICC: Covid-19: Pharmaceutical giants, Gates, Fauci, UK officials accused of crimes against humanity in International Criminal Court complaint - The Rio Times (riotimesonline.com)

From the complaint:

"Clade x and Event 201 Scenario

In May, 2018, the WEF partnered with Johns Hopkins to simulate a fictitious pandemic dubbed ‘Clade X’ (Appendix 12) to see how prepared the world be if ever faced with a catastrophic pandemic. A little over a year later, the WEF once again teamed-up with Johns Hopkins, along with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to stage another pandemic exercise called ‘Event 201’ in October, 2019 (Appendix 13). Both simulations concluded that the world wasn’t prepared for a global pandemic. A few short months following the conclusion of Event 201, which specifically simulated a coronavirus outbreak, the World Health Organization (WHO) officially declared that the coronavirus had reached pandemic status on March 11, 2020.

“The next severe pandemic will not only cause great illness and loss of life but could also trigger major cascading economic and societal consequences that could contribute greatly to global impact and suffering” — Event 201 pandemic simulation (October, 2019)

Since then, just about every scenario covered in the Clade X and Event 201 simulations has come into play, including:

Governments implementing lockdowns worldwide

The collapse of many industries

Growing mistrust between governments and citizens

A greater adoption of biometric surveillance technologies

Social media censorship in the name of combating misinformation

The desire to flood communication channels with “authoritative” sources

A global lack of personal protective equipment

The breakdown of international supply chains

Mass unemployment

Rioting in the streets

After the nightmare scenarios had fully materialized by mid-2020, the WEF founder declared

“now is the time for a great reset ” in June 2021.

We submit that it is highly unlikely, to the point that it is unbelievable, that this is purely excellent forecasting, planning, and modelling on the part of the WEF and partners that Clade X and Event 201 turned out to be so prophetic."

Do you think there's any merit in their complaint? And would you agree with them that it is 'unbelievable' "that this is purely excellent forecasting, planning, and modelling"?

I have said before that I don't know whether it's a conspiracy or not. But I don't buy the argument that tens of thousands would have to keep quiet for their to be a conspiracy. I don't know why it can't just be a small number of influential people. Even if it's just taking advantage of covid to make changes (and they could be good changes, but I argue that the people should be consulted on them). I don't see why that would be unusual. Many times it has been said that one should not let a good crisis go to waste.

“But those agreements that the Dutch Government entered into with WEF are pretty important and far-reaching and I think the people should be consulted on them. And, as afar as I'm aware, the Dutch Government has so far not revealed what the agreements consist of. Do you think it should?”

They haven’t revealed what’s in the the agreements but you know that they are important and far reaching and your opinion is that the people should be consulted.

Consulted on what?

What does this have to do with the thread?

What is the conspiracy?

It's another example of a temporary measure that ended up being permanent.

What is your issue with brianhere's post?

“I have said before that I don't know whether it's a conspiracy or not.”

You consistently post lies and dishonesties, you have only ever agreed with the ct’s, you have ignored all arguments and facts that disagree with the ct’s.

You are correct when you say you don’t know but you are certainly ignoring all arguments and evidence from one side.

Sorry, I should have written that the areas that the agreements are in are important (we're not talking about an agreement on supplying plastic cups) Ergo, the agreements are potentially far-reaching.

What are the arguments and evidence? All I've seen is "it's impossible", "tinfoil hat", and "tens of thousands would have to be in on it". Why is it unreasonable to believe that temporary measures can end up being permanent? Even just that. No conspiracy. brianhere has given many examples of what were said to have been temporary measures that ended up being permanent. Why would billions be spent on vaccine passports, and long-term agreements made for them, if they're a temporary measure?

Do you think there's any merit to the argument put forward by Dr Mike Yeadon et al in the complaint they have lodged with ICC? It's not proof (I agree with other posters that there's no proof, but I do think there's evidence).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,426 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

When I lived in Dublin there was a person who protested daily about clerical sexual abuse on the street. This person’s protests were regarded by most people, myself included as the incoherent ramblings of someone who was mentally deranged.

Turns out they were telling the truth, hard as it was to believe at the time.

Other phenomenon become universally accepted as true by the media, politicians and society in general with little or no evidence.

For example the recent endemic of needle spiking has seen questions in parliament, statements from ministers and a whole new awareness campaign without even the most rudimentary facts having been established.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement

If that is your view on this thread after well over 300 pages then you are well beyond any reason or critical thinking.

The only conclusion I can draw from that is you are either a troll or you have a mental illness, I mean that in all sincerity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,426 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Pathetic post. I presume you are in no position to diagnose mental illness.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Fauci in the US is saying masks on planes won't go: Veronica Birkenstock on Twitter: "Told you this would NEVER END! Fauci says masks on planes will always be necessary no matter what: 'Go that extra step' https://t.co/8YPKSP7wQO" / Twitter

Temporary measures can very often end up being permanent. brianhere has provided us with many examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The Fox headline

"Fauci says masks on planes will always be necessary no matter what"

Did you read the article? Nowhere does he say that.

Major difference in that those protesting about clerical sexual abuse were naming those responsible and the exact reason they were naming them for.

Here nobody when asked can name what these supposed conspiracy are, who is behind them and the results those behind these supposed conspiracies are hoping to achieve. If there is a conspiracy it is only exposed by naming those behind it and the reasons behind it. The clerical abuse scandal was as much a conspiracy of silence as anything else that was exposed by people naming names.

What we have here is a few people who cannot name anyone or give a reason for it no matter how many times they are asked. It`s all deflection when given verifiable facts and running away before reappearing with further rambling when they believe people have forgotten their previous ramblings.

It`s not a conspiracy theory we have here. It`s a series of individual ramblings where no two can even agree what this supposed conspiracy is

So have we now gone from all restrictions are permanent to face masks on planes ?

What is the face masks on planes conspiracy supposed to achieve ?

Could it not just be as simple as a CMO believing that similar to no smoking being allowed on planes, that face mask wearing in such an environment would be good for health in general from all types of diseases and infections ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

That's not what he said.

You posted something without even reading the article.

Manic behaviour.

Anchor: "Are we gonna get to the point where we won't have to wear masks on airplanes?"

Fauci: "I don't think so"

"I don't think so" is "no".

How do you interpret what he said?

Yeah, Fox News take on an interview that they don’t link to. Sounds like a legit article to trust. Colour me skeptical.

• Advertisement

Here's the relevant part from the interview: https://mobile.twitter.com/RossFeinstein/status/1472578144267812873?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1472578144267812873%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-29612398733423040159.ampproject.net%2F2112032204000%2Fframe.html

Those who are saying he's not saying they will be permanent presumably also don't think people having to take off their shoes going through security since 9/11 (actually not that big a deal, but another example of a measure that never went away) is permanent. Guess their argument is "It's only been 20 years. 20 years isn't permanent."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement