Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irelands fittest family

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭josip

A few of the families on tonight didn't seem very fond of the Kinsellas, was that just put on for TV?

They didn't come across as unlikeable to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Tom_Crean

Aidan, the Tipp family father, was a bit full of himself. Talking about his strength anything from waist up wouldn't be a problem! And he a very slight weedy man on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Just finished watching it on the player (I started nearly three hours ago but with all the buffering and freezing it's only finished now.)

I found it a bit unusual that the finish came down to the line almost exactly the same as last year.

I haven't seen previous series but wondering have the finals always ended up as close?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Yeah plenty of times, even the eliminators you'd think one family is much stronger but alot of the time it's comes down to the wall and ramp, it's a great finish to an event and can be dramatic, sickened for the Mcintyres, thought they'd have enough.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Has there ever been a final where one of the teams were easy winners?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Meh...quite average. I'd say all the auld lads married to their missus for the last 20 years think she's unreal but she's not anything special.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,123 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

What a great ending to that final. It could have been either team.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I thought the exact opposite. Thought it was the first year that there seemed to be a real bond between the families.

The two Kinsella lads must have been jibing before the bungee challenge that they’d get 20 each. It seemed to me the others took it in good humour

• Registered Users Posts: 33,038 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Cracking final nothing in it. Worthy winners especially after losing their shoes! As much as I can't stand Anna Geary zzz

The guy who was in Riverdance you would be gutted for him....he nearly dragged his family into that final by himself

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

It was really close last year and the previous few years finals held in Croke Park only had a few seconds between the teams as well. I cant ever remember a final where a team were easy winners, its always been pretty close. I suppose as a team they can only get through the course as fast as their slowest team member so that evens things up a lot. If it was an individual race then you would have the odd person smashing through it a lot faster than their competitor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thud

needs a refresh and some new events next year, maybe some new coaches too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Just watched it back. Anna Geary must be embarrassed watching it back. All me me me. Cringey scutter out of her mouth too.. "how much do you want it".."every ball counts"...blah blah blah

She thought telling yer wan to take off her socks was some master stroke too. It made absolutely 0 difference. She would have made it anyways.

Someone needs to tell her she doesn't need to wear leggins and tuck her t-shirt in to have her massive rear on display.

Mairead Farrell needs to go too. "This is the first time I've cried on Irelands fittest family"....you don't remember crying when the Greenan family just left, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Zelebrity Charidee Special of this is on tonight at 8pm

Grainne Gallanagh, David and Stephen Flynn, Sinead Quinlan and Neil Delamere bring their families to compete for the title in the name of charity

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

unsure if there is a new thread ...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,605 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

As always, I am enjoying watching this from my comfortable couch!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,093 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Cumhachtach

Christ the Laois family were the poorest ever. Kids overweight. Bad tactics. Working as individuals. Running too fast for the girl with the pontoon. A complete mess.

It's like they entered it due to the father's ego, fancied himself as a muscle man. He had to hang from the rings, the main job, at 90kg🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Cumhachtach

Grand little frock on Mairead. She looks like she's off to the parish social.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Trampas

It was to feed his ego. I wonder is his favourite sweets smarties.

Nina family standing around waiting to be called to try the ramp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭maebee

The family of surfers who thought it was a good idea to keep standing up on the raft despite continuously falling off 🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

The young lad on that team, Kai, was excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭maebee

He sure was. Also I was delighted for his brother Aaron who recovered very well from his early slip.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'm not sure what sort of an event might suit the Mammy on Nina's team this week.... she's not exactly your stereotypical contestant......

But I'm willing to bet that the bungee one won't be great for her either.

(Posted from the comfort of my couch while eating dinner - the irony is deafening!)

Aha.... there's a light bungee option..... hadn't realised that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Rmgblue

Where did the burns get their confidence to enter this?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,974 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Why are the throwing it in rather than just pulling the last foot or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Hubbie just said the same thing. Now I'm sitting on my couch like the rest of you but I know full well I could never enter this and wouldn't attempt to! Although I would love a go at some of the obstacles

Davy has his family well drilled for this!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,093 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Whereabouts in Meath are the heats happening?

Advertisement