Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2022 PDC World Darts Championship

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭Xander10

Barry's too quick for the cameraman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Barry is fond of that triple 20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

1-1 now. Sky camera work bit all over the place

Cameraman all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Timmy O Toole

Now this is a high quality game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Understatement. They only seem to miss Barry hitting the finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

FFS Sky, didnt even see the winning double..

Spotting has been poor this tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Loving keane barry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Didn’t Bristow used to do the spotting?

If I recollect correctly he was brilliant at it

TbL

Lovin this effort

• Advertisement

Absolutely cracking darts from Barry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭dubrov

Barry has really started motoring now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Fook me, this could be some story

Playing out of his skin is Keane

And

Jonny not at the races

Superb from Keane Barry.

The best thing is Clayton aint plating badly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭shockframe

Wowsers!

does it seem like the crowd aren't even bothered watching it?

9 ton plus checkouts so far. Class game

That was clinical from Clayton.

Top darts match this.

Some ridiculous finishing going on

• Advertisement

Does this mean Sky will stop calling the Fallon game, "the game of the tournament !!!!!! "

Magic darts from Clayton.

It wasn't even close to been the game of the tournament

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Unreal from Jonny Clayton. Talk about turning it in when needed.

He wil go very deep in this

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Great game that. Barry can definitely be proud of that effort. Clayton threw some magical stuff at the end though.

A great game and Clayton was superb in those final 2 sets.

A serious contender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Ya agreed, he came through a tough 5 setter. That will stand to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭irishgeo

What a game. Barry went off the boil in the last set but Clayton pulled it of the fire with some class finishing.

Despite that brilliant game, I bet Sky finish the show with a Fallon Sherrock tribute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Timmy O Toole

The best game ever from an Irish man at ally pally. Only 19 years old. Fair play to Keane I'm convinced he will win this tournament multiple times in the future.

Best session of the tournament so far. I enjoyed all those games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Obviously wanted Barry to win but Clayton seems fairly sound and is good to watch. Worse players he could have lost to

Fair play to Keane Barry. A massive step up in performance from his last game.

Clayton has a woeful record at the Worlds but he's got a serious game now.

Hopefully he can perform here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Fantastic game to finish.

Clayton was unplayable when he hit the turbo, very consistent now and rare he averages under a ton. Will take a huge performance to beat him.

Barry played great till the pressure told in the final set. Lot of potential, hope he can keep progressing. Exciting player to watch as well.

Sherrock v Beaton started off red hot but both went off the boil then. The amount of the promo videos can get a bit annoying but she is getting more eyes on the game which is a good thing. If she keeps getting more big stage experience and can get a bit more consistent on her scoring she will work her way up the rankings.

Her performance today would have beaten a lot of the guys who have played so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,905 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Big fan of the Adonis so happy to see him through, although I'd have been interested to see Sherrock progress further (promo videos aside)

Great evening session. Very enjoyable tournament so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Great session tonight, the ton plus finishes in the last game were a purist's dream!

One thing is bothering me from the sky coverage, what the hell relevance is the "trebleless visit" all about? Any re-attempt at a missed double constitutes the same surely?

First 9 darts average would be a better metric imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭newhouse87

The best irish performance i have seen. Was disappointed after first round but he showed when he needed to up it , he could.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

If she keeps getting more big stage experience and can get a bit more consistent on her scoring she will work her way up the rankings.

I don't think she'll get a card at Q-School. She's not a very good floor player and struggles on the Development Tour.

She's much better on televised tournaments. Wonder if she's not that bothered/motivated on the smaller events

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

When you think about it there are many similarities between darts and wrestling (the staged stuff)

The over-the-top promos

Every player HAVING to have a nickname.

Walk on music, pyro, lights etc

Over the top commentators

And probably a good few others i can't think of. Mardle really is stealing a living. Does my head in the way he pronouces Gerwyn Price's first name. Rod Studd another one. Part and Webster are pretty good to be fair.

Also, a good thing with Sherrock going out is that we should hopefully see less of Laura Turner. Does my nut in too.

Adam Smith is starting to do my head in now too. He is far too excitable and keeps talking over the other commentator. I liked him at the start but he really annoys me now.

Part and Webster are the best by a long way.

The nickname thing is a bit ridiculous alright but its always been in the game.

The walk on music has been pretty bad this time around but the pyro and lights are no different to other sports. Adds a bit of colour. I preferred the understated approach of Lakeside but anyway.

Smith and Turner I find are terrible. Mardle can be painful during match commentary with "BULLSEYE" and all that but is actually good before and after a game. Pyke is probably the least likeable commentator in the history of the sport.

I find Rod Studd quite good though. He at least knows his stuff on the game and is somewhat enthusiastic. Agree on Webster and Part. Top class.

Laura Turner is an atrocious analyst and commentator.

Sure at the grand slam she said the MvG-Lisa Ashton game was a tough one to call despite MvG being about 1/20 with some of the bookies.

The other two females on the coverage do an excellent job and both have improved massively since they first featured. Turner on the other hand has been poor since day one and hasn't improved one iota.

Where did sky find her? Her biggest achievement is quarter finalist at the 2020 bdo women's world championship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

No idea. Only there because of her gender anyway.

I don't mind Adam Smith. Quite a distinctive voice. Is he new? Can't remember hearing him before.

Rod Studd is way over the top IMO. Him and Mardle together is unbearable at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Officer999

Really like Adam Smith for his boxing commentary but not enjoying him at this tournament at all. Is this his first Darts tournament commentating? He doesn’t seem to have any clue of checkouts and routes to go.

Also not sure if it was mentioned earlier but the camera work was very poor during the Barry/Clayton match last night.

Not fully sure on this but they may have had Keith Deller and recently Colin Lloyd as spotters for the camera.

It can be tough going if you don't know the scoring inside out. Bobby George once said Darts is one of the hardest sports to film.

Lloyd is very good on the Sky darts podcast. I'd like to see more of him as an analyst/commentator.

Although maybe he's on spotting duties as mentioned above.

What's become very annoying is referring to '170' as the 'Big Fish' almost every time someone is throwing for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement