Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murder at the Cottage | Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭EdHoven

If that is the scenario you'd think Nick Foster would hold a press conference with Ian Bailey and publicly exonerate him. New books all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭mamboozle

This operation was carried out a year before the STDP murder when a boat with undercover detectives went out from Castletownbere just down the road from Dunmanus.

"Mr Cushnahan(Fine Gael MEP) said such deliveries, "which can cross several countries need close surveillance, the tightest security and total cooperation between and within countries."

What kind of local cooperation was needed to keep this quiet? Or is a better question; How the f*ck did anybody think something like this could be kept quiet? The real point is that the Guards were prepared to carry out these kind of hare-brained schemes with the 'cooperation' of other countries (like France????) and there is no doubt that they were up against people who wouldn't think twice about killing anyone they believed to be a threat to them.

The botched investigation and the obvious framing of Bailey only points one way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭tibruit

Alfie was instantly a suspect. Can you point where I said he wasn`t? I really hope you are a young teenager for your own sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭mamboozle

You're completely correct. There was a pretence of him being a suspect but had he been arrested for questioning like Bailey the whole thing would have fallen apart. He was obviously part, big or small, of the conspiracy to cover things up.

"gardaí would probably have been getting a sense of who the local suspects might be from interviewing Alfie "

• Advertisement

For Bailey returning to 'contaminate' the scene to make sense he would have had to be certain he would get access to it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,282 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

How do you contaminate a scene just by being there, other than footprints... especially a place you might have been to recently for innocent reasons.

Not adding up to me.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭chooseusername

There's a big difference between being at the scene before and after a murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭chooseusername

Bailey didn't return specifically to contaminate the scene,

he returned as a reporter, but may have contaminated it in doing so.

It's not really a secret that the crime scene was contaminated is it?

The Garda did a terrible job; several people were let through, Byrnes log has discrepancies, Shirley Foster was able to drive to the dump and back etc..

What I cannot accept, is that Bailey somehow sneaked in unnoticed or whatever foster is trying to say. It's implausible.

• Advertisement

I wonder if the guards bothered to find out if he got a tetanus shot after the "dog bite".

Can you give some examples and how they might relate to this case?

I mean someone there with gardai about also... I find the notion of someone getting unnoticed to the body 'as a crime scene' after discovery fantastical even allowing for the ineptness of the gardai.

But Foster seems to say he sneaked in unknown to the garda . If he leaned over her as well as earlier killing her that would be twice he did the magic trick of leaving no forensic

It is fantastical.

It's like foster has *just* had the revelation that the Gards fecked up, and now he thinks this means Ian somehow sneaked to the scene that morning and BINGO! solved. 🙄

The carry on on twitter since is bizarre. The gardai fanboy trolls last week now think they colluded with Ian in a cover up to save their pensions.

You couldn't make this shizzle up.

There were a few things he got wrong in his articles. The champagne bottle was another one. it didn’t exist. I think he chanced his arm as a journalist and printed a huge amount of local rumours, as you certainly would.

people like to say him knowing things about Sophie’s body etc somehow incriminates him, but what about the things he got wrong?

That last comment was meant to quote yours. Technical glitch!

Journalists always get stuff wrong in early reports. They have to write something and at early stages there's a lot of rumours. Their sources get it wrong. Look at early reports of any murder. Compare with later reports.

Often, at early stage, no definite information is available

That Kev guy is not very smart having his photo taken with ian. Softening the image of a woman beating narcissistic thug which is what Bailey is whether he killed Sophie or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Shut up you clown, if you spent as much as time looking at the gards who deliberately covered up this horrific murder rather than focusing on Bailey, you'd put that limited intellect of yours to use.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Advertisement

When logic fails use abuse.

Wonder who that is aimed at maybe some clown who thinks they have some authority over others.

"oh i smashed SoulWriter's face in but it's OK i was on strong pain meds" No authority over me gardman

After one assault , there were three, Jule s lip was almost severed from her gum.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭flopisit

Just regarding murderers trying to contaminate crime scenes:

This happens a lot, as the general public has become more and more aware of forensics. Murderers worry that they got blood on themselves or left DNA at the scene during the crime, so they try to generate a plausible explanation for it.

Two cases for example off the top of my head...

1. Murder of Rachel O'Reilly in Dublin. Her husband Joe killed her. Beat her to death with a dumbell. When he was pretending to discover her body, he rushed over to her and embraced her. He did this so that if the gardai found her blood on him or his DNA on her corpse, he would have a reasonable explanation for that. "Oh it must have happened when I held her dead body". (The forensics team in the end, did actually find blood drops on his shoe that could not have come from embracing her corpse)
    2. Murder of Billie-Jo Jenkins in UK. Police believe her stepfather Sion Jenkins killed her. Beat her to death with a tent peg. Police believe he pretended to discover the body, then went to sit in his car as he waited for police to arrive. They think he did this because he was worried he had gotten blood on him during the murder and had possibly transferred it to his car. So if they found blood in his car or on him, this would allow him to say "Oh it must have gotten there when I found her body and I must have transferred it to the car." (Sion was found guilty in court, served time in jail, but had his sentence reversed due to unsafe conviction).

Deleted

Sion was tried in court and acquitted.there is no proof he tried to contaminate the scene.

Police may "think" he did but that means nothing legally. Courts are about law. If Bailey was acquitted the guards , gards, might still think he did it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭riddles

Is Foster suggesting the killer came in with a DNA Dyson and cleaned up the scene. What was the material outcome of the killer being at the scene?

I thought the murder is still unsolved or has Foster delivered a trial and verdict of his own?

Yes but both of those examples relate to someone 'pretending' to discover a body and having contact with the body and informing police of that as an explanation. Those scenarios I totally get.

But here the person who is declared as having found the body said they didn't touch the body afaik?

And the person who identified the body wouldn't have touched the body, one assumes?

So who has a legitimate reason to have touched the body and offer that as an explanation to police for contamination?

So... as I said, it's not adding up to me.

Why do people keep writing this? Touch your lip. Now touch your gum. Notice anything?

Somebody (can't remember who) made a point her car was searched prior to going to the dump. Even so it is quite bizarre behaviour. You just found a young woman battered to death, your neighbour, up a lonely boreen, you don't know by whom and he doesn't know if you can ID him, and you go off on your own to dump rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Irish Rover 91

If Bailey did sneak or was allowed onto the crime scene and the guards knew or find out about it.

Why wouldn't they just have arrested him then after, for "obstructing the investigation and contaminating the scene"?

Is it because Bailey could say he was allowed on it, or it wasn't sealed off etc...? You'd think if they wanted to frame him, they'd have arrested him for this and say he broke through and contaminated the scene?

Him blatantly saying he didn't know about it until 2pm(or whatever time) and the guards knowing this is rubbish and being able to catch him out on this, but not doing so.. I dunno, maybe the embarrassment and they would lose their jobs maybe. it's just mental they all cover it up, just to save the jobs of one or 2 guards here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Irish Rover 91

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement