Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Side Effects - What side effects did you get from your vaccine?

Options

Comments

I had tinnitus for a few years but it's mostly gone. If I get stressed, it immediately comes back. Think it's a blood pressure thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

First Pfizer dose in May: Felt sleepy for a day, arm slightly sore.

Second Pfizer dose in June: Totally wiped out for a day . Could barely lift my head from the pillow. Very sore arm for nearly a week.

Pfizer booster last week: Same as dose 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭skinnyfries

I don’t think a vaccine can be administered in a vaccination centre if there is a risk of anaphylactic shock. It has to be administered in a venue where the patient can be closely monitored and appropriate care given in the event of a negative reaction to the vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭eggy81

Ears buzzing still a full 4 months after second dose. I’ve had flu last week. As I’d the buzzing has intensified. I think it related to a sinus infection to be honest.

I know someone who recently had both tinnitus AND vertigo. They also had some form of chest infection. BUT, they tested negative for COVID. It was very strange BUT, they also suffer from high blood pressure. So there could be a lot of instances of tinnitus and vertigo happening that are being attributed to either COVID or the vaccines but are actually related to something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭burly

It is not just people with previous MS.

Here is another research paper, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34839149/ which studied 32 people, many of whom had no previous conditions at all. CNS Demyelination can happen in previously healthy non-MS people, and this paper shows that the vaccine brought this on in people. It may be rare but I am just highlighting it as it may help others.

I am 12.5 stone, fit and healthy, diabetes is not on the table here. Blood tests are clear.

Since my first post, GP has referred me for MRI and Neurologist. GP has has also seen this in 2 other patients in the past few months, one worse than me, one with less symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭burly

Wouldn't agree with you there. Self research (of credible sources like medical peer reviewed journals, not Facebook/Twitter) can be educating and empowering. You have to advocate for your own health these days especially when GP's are under so much pressure, you are just another number through the door.

Here is another research paper, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34839149/ which studied 32 people, many of whom had no previous conditions at all. CNS Demyelination can happen in previously healthy non-MS people, and this paper shows that the vaccine brought this on in people or exacerbated previously known neurological issues. It may be rare but I am just highlighting it as it may help others to understand what's going on if they experience symptoms.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'd read a similar earlier paper and it was another reason I chose the J&J because like in that paper it was the one with the fewest examples of side effects. That said the study is extremely narrow and not exactly open on the overall numbers involved. 32 people out of how many? If it's out of millions of doses the risks are staggeringly tiny. How many of those who caught and recovered from covid itself show similar neurological issues?

A larger study of 566 subjects looking into cardiovascular changes post vaccination with Pfizer/Moderna mRNA showed: We conclude that the mRNA vacs dramatically increase inflammation on the endothelium and T cell infiltration of cardiac muscle and may account for the observations of increased thrombosis, cardiomyopathy, and other vascular events following vaccination

Again it's a tiny study and only one so far, so hardly time to poo ourselves. Then again the J&J vaccine is near fecked after 3 months notion is based on one study of just over 100 men, average age 61 half of whom are medically fecked already so it does seem to depend on what study gets the attention...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SnrInfant

Hi

Does anyone else have an extremely sore shoulder / upper arm since getting the vaccine?

I’m in constant agony with mine, even changing gear in my car hurts. I had my last vaccine 3 months ago.

I can’t even workout with weights anymore….gutted!

so I’m wondering if anyone else has experience this and if so, does it go away? Thanks

When did symptoms present? Why do you think the muscle pain is to do with the vaccine?

• Advertisement

It literally happened after my last vaccine. I couldn’t move my arm for days, it’s not as bad now but I’m still really restricted and in pain a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭appledrop

I had this after my 1st jab, I was actually crying I was in so much pain with it for 48 hours afterwards.

However as the week went on it disappeared.

It would be unsually for it to be still that sore months later. Have you linked in with your doctor?

Could you have hurt it in any other way in the meantime?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Just felt like a dead arm for me- day after. Two days later has eased considerably.

What the OP is describing I had with a flu jab/hep C before. It could either just be the bodies reaction to it. Or simply the needle hit a nerve.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• My friend, who got the booster vaccine recently, had a bad General reaction, being very sick for a few days afterwards. Like like she had got very sick after second vaccine too. Nothing at all serious, just floored for about 36 hours. If she were still working, she wouldn’t have been able to turn in. I’m still awaiting my booster.

Thanks guys, yea I was thinking too, maybe it had hit a nerve.

I tried phoning and emailing my Doctor and can‘t get through! God help anyone with serious problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Evergreen_7

For 24 hours yes.

3 months is not normal. Hope your GP can find out the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭rathfarnhamlad

1st dose - zilch, nada. Not even a sore arm.

2nd dose - mild tiredness, slept for a couple of hours & was grand.

3rd dose - haven't had it yet but not expecting much in the way of side effects based on my experience with the first two.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

All Pfizer

1st dose May - Sore arm, grand

2nd dose June - Sore arm, tired , headache for 2 days

3rd dose December - Got the vaccine Sunday , tired that night, next night no sleep until 6am, Tuesday head cold, sneezing, headache, runny nose, same today Wednesday (slept last night) miserable hoping tomorrow will fell better!

My mother was the same with hers sick for a week after booster

Still glad I got the booster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

1st dose (Moderna) - grand, sore arm for a day or two.

2nd dose (Moderna) - felt rotten for a few days, got the chills really bad one evening and fatigued for 2-3 days, no issues after that.

Booster yesterday (Moderna) - similar to the 2nd dose, I have the chills and a headache most of today, paracetamol seems to be working though.

Hopefully that's it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭G1032

First Pfizer in early June and 2nd in early July

No huge effects noticed after first jab, bar a sore arm and fatigue the following day.

2nd jab was a different matter though. Significant and sustained drop in HRV in the 4 weeks following the jab, coupled with an increase in resting HR. Also noticed significant reduced aerobic efficency, which is still below what I'd expect as normal for me 5 months later. HRV and RHR seem to have settled again.

Less measurable, but nonetheless evident to me, was much greater fatigue in the months post 2nd vaccine both during and after training when compared to pre vaccine.

All that said, I have no definitive proof that any or all of that is entirely vaccine related but in the absence of any clearer explanation I have to assume the vaccine was at least a major contributor to those symptoms.

Also developed a twitch / tingling in my upper lip which lasted for about 3 months. Some days it would have just stayed tingling the whole day. I'm in my 40s and never had that sensation or tingling in my life before the vaccine.

My wife, who also got Pfizer jabs, developed tinnitus (or at least a ringing in her ears) immediately following first jab. That has reduced significantly in recent weeks but she can still hear a ringing in her ear at times. Doctor ruled out ear infection and couldn't find anything wrong but did not dismiss the possibility that the tinnitus was vaccine related.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,085 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Pfizer 1: no side-effects.

Pfizer 2: afternoon on the sofa the day after, sore head, sore arm, paracetamol.

Pfizer 3: woke up at 3am with a raging thirst (18 hours after jab), drink and paracetamol sorted it. Feel a bit tired now but prob mostly lack of sleep.

So roughly, I think #2 was worse than #3.

Overall I'd rate side effects to be milder than a 1-bottle-of-wine hangover, although those are rare enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

I got a very severe reaction from the 2nd pfizer dose, im not fully recovered yet. but I wanted to see how people are getting on with the 3rd dose before I decide to get a booster.

From reading here the 3rd shot seems to be milder in most people?

I was wondering that maybe our bodies develop a resistance to the vaccines so that the later doses wont be as severe?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Pfizer booster yesterday after Pfizer dose 1 & 2 also.

Same yesterday as with the other 2, bit of a sore arm, nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

1st Pfizer mainly tired for about 48 hours

2nd Pfizer pretty sick day after, took the day off work

3rd Pfizer, sore shoulder, slight hangoverish fever feeling next day. Diagnosed with slight myocarditis (had a battery of tests after getting mild chest pains in the week following it), didnt need treatment.

Have to say the sickness etc didnt bother me but the chest pains after the third one were a bit scary, will seriously have to think about pros/cons for the inevitable fourth. Will get doc advice for sure next time.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

I had it for 2 months after my second dose. The day after I got it I was driving and had to pull over as pain started shooting up and down my arm. Suffered for 2 months, couldn’t hold my baby on my left side which was difficult because I’m right handed. It slowly eased up until I noticed in later September it had completely stopped.

Had the booster during the week and no side effects just mild arm pain for a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Had my third Pfizer 3 days ago. Noticed a strange kind of pain in my left armpit last night. Has worked it's way down the inside of my left arm this morning. It's not a that painful but is quite strange, kind of feels like my arm is tearing from the inside. My wife had the same with her second Pfizer back in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ShayNanigan

I had this with the second Pfizer and Moderna booster, strangely enough also with the flu shot. Never had anything like it from a vaccine before the second jab. The pain was a gnawing kind of ache with some sudden nerve stabs. Sometimes it travelled from my fingers to my left side and to the shoulder blade and even a few stabs in the rib cage. The armpit ache was the worst though. With the second Pfizer it lasted for maybe two days, with the flu shot about four to five days. Moderna booster pain has now stopped so it went away in two days.

In addition to the pain, my armpit swelled a bit. You couldn't really see the swelling unless you moved your arm and noticed you didn't really have an armpit. Also touching the area felt weird because of the swelling. I had a fluid filled area under my arm about the size of an apple for several days. It did disappear after that and what seemed to help was using the arm instead of letting it rest. Pretty weird though.

Pfizer/BioNTech

Dose 1: Very mild. Sore arm and a bit tired.

Dose 2: Mild ish - a lot more tired and a bit warm and my arm was tingling and numb. Didn’t sleep well. Slightly achey.

Dose 3: Very tired for a couple of days and a sore arm - mildly warm. Slightly achey.

In comparison to the flu shot I had in October which was the fairly traditional Sanofi split viron quadrivalent type, the Pfizer BioNTech mRNA stuff was a walk in the park.

I felt lousy for a few days after the flu jab - very warm, run down etc, Took more than a week before I felt fully right again.

Same thing happened to me last week after getting a Moderna booster. Just a slight weird sensation on the inside of my left arm. Was experiencing flu like symptoms for two days also. Had no side effects after my initial two doses though. (Pfizer)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Pfizer #1 - fairly tried the day after, fell asleep on the sofa after work.

Pfizer #2 - Zip

Moderna Booster - Zip

My arm was a little sore after all of them but guess that what sticking a needle into your muscle does.

Advertisement