Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economist & Policy Analyst Graduate Role

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 KD1934

emmaneiser wrote: »
    I was talking with my officer on Tuesday and he hadn't checked either yet said it'd be a week but I got the message today, I did send a ref from my current employer though so it might have sped it up.

Thanks, that was a quick turnaround! Hopefully you hear from DPER soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lolly101

@kd how many weeks or days ago did you enter the initial “ex employer” clearance process?

lolly101 wrote: »
    @kd how many weeks or days ago did you enter the initial “ex employer” clearance process?

3 weeks ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Barbarian98

KD1934 wrote: »
    3 weeks ago!

Week to day of being assigned got contacted by Dept of Health HR . Ideally would like me to start sooner than later ...

Week to day of being assigned got contacted by Dept of Health HR . Ideally would like me to start sooner than later ...

Well done, great news for you, hope it goes well!

• Advertisement

any other movements on positions/start dates etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭exitstageleft

Once you are contacted by the department you'll be placed in, do they give you an indication of how soon they expect you to start? Can you take 4 weeks, 6, or even 8?

I feel like we should probably be given more information by this stage - still not knowing when and where the job will, be weeks after our current employer has been contacted, is not ideal.

When did those of you who got assigned hand in your notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 High_castle

I heard there's some flexibility. 4-6 weeks should be fine.

I definitely wish we had been given more information throughout the process. There's so much uncertainty...

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭emmaneiser

Unfortunately it's generally the way with CS competitions. Even worse in some cases, I know people who have been no.1 on a regional panel and never got an assignment and the panel expired. Very little info provided and lucky to get a reply if you try emailing them to get the info.

I heard there's some flexibility. 4-6 weeks should be fine.

I definitely wish we had been given more information throughout the process. There's so much uncertainty...

Yes definitely is flexibility on start date from what I've found.

• Advertisement

hi guys.. has anyone who has been assigned and/or contacted by a department been given a start date? will It be b4 September?
    im waiting to be officially assigned

hi guys.. has anyone who has been assigned and/or contacted by a department been given a start date? will It be b4 September?
    im waiting to be officially assigned

Congrats. It is likely to be within the next 6 weeks but it's hard to know . I would imagine late june or july

this process is slowly driving me nuts ahaha... my current ref was checked over 2 weeks & no update since. any1 have any other news

this process is slowly driving me nuts ahaha... my current ref was checked over 2 weeks & no update since. any1 have any other news

I’m waiting too so there could be a delay!

I received the PAS message several weeks ago, but no dept has been in touch yet

I'm also waiting to be contacted by the department I've been assigned to.
    I do know which department it is, though.

I'm also waiting to be contacted by the department I've been assigned to.
    I do know which department it is, though.

When did you get confirmation that you were assigned? I’m still waiting on that email/notification.

might be a silly Q but is "assignment" confirmation of a job/position? how long until contracts etc should it be before September

might be a silly Q but is "assignment" confirmation of a job/position? how long until contracts etc should it be before September

Assignment on PAS means a job offer hope this helps. Think it depends on HR between when you are initially contacted and then when you will start. I start Monday. If anyone has other questions private message me.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭emmaneiser

Anyone know if the panel has been completely cleared? Anyone still waiting on there place to be reached?

• Advertisement

Hey folks,
    I was contacted to start clearance about 2 months ago. That went pretty quick, 3 or so weeks, and then I received a message of assignment in my public jobs message box.
    I've now been waiting to be contacted by my department for roughly a month. Is this normal?
    I had made myself available to start this month but, at this stage, I have to take on other work commitments to get by. This means I'm no longer available to start until sometime in August at the earliest. The whole process seems totally mad.

Hey folks,
    I was contacted to start clearance about 2 months ago. That went pretty quick, 3 or so weeks, and then I received a message of assignment in my public jobs message box.
    I've now been waiting to be contacted by my department for roughly a month. Is this normal?
    I had made myself available to start this month but, at this stage, I have to take on other work commitments to get by. This means I'm no longer available to start until sometime in August at the earliest. The whole process seems totally mad.

That’s so crazy in my opinion! Have you gotten on to your clearance officer or department to say you can’t wait any longer? You have to be given some reason it is taking so long given that most people on this thread seem to be starting already.

Anyone been assigned?

I'm starting soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Protoman

Any posters going through the current competition for this role?

Did the presentation exercise. As they are still ongoing I'll say no more than the exercise is challenging but the interview board was pleasant and fair although quite thorough.

Am I right in thinking they typically take around 30 in each intake?

Did anyone get their results back from the presentation exercise yet? Surely they will release these soon; it feels like ages since the presentation.

Results out for the presentation for anyone in the mix for this.

Happy enough with score, we'll seeif it's enough to make it through to interview (which commence the week of the 10th of January according to message).

• Registered Users Posts: 43 SavageSpuds

HI Protoman,

I am also in the current competition for this and received the results of the presentation today. I would hope reaching the qualifying standard means we will get an interview! Hopefully we will receive more news in the next couple of days and they won't keep us waiting till after Christmas. Well done on getting this far, it was a tough presentation alright! At least the panel were very fair and friendly in my experience.

First round of interview offers are out as of today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Whatsbehindthat

Anyone else get have an interview? I've mine on the 11th!

Advertisement