Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12700k 32GB DDR5 build.

Options
  • 13-12-2021 12:44am

Hi folks,

No real set budget in mind but don’t want overkill either on parts. Bang for buck as they say. It will be paired with a 3060. Looking for someone to spec out all parts.

That intel chip looks to be the best cost wise for gaming. 2TB hard drive as well needed

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

If you want bang for buck then you want DDR4. Virtually no performance benefit to DDR5 (sometimes worse), very hard to get, and very expensive. And the DDR5 motherboards are much more expensive as well. Asus has gone completely bonkers on the motherboard prices.

Thanks, I'll go DDR4 Can someone spec out a full 12700k build. No real set budget but no overkill. Just a good machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

PCPartPicker Part List: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZP6CBc

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600KF 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor (€309.68 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler (€63.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Motherboard: MSI MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard (€285.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory (€117.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case (€115.18 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Power Supply: EVGA GQ 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (€85.70 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fan (€5.66 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Total: €983.02

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-12-16 17:31 CET+0100

Core i5-12600KF is better value than Core i7-12700K (30eur/core vs 35/core).

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

Following, want something very simillar. Except im on a 970 until I find something better ;')

I’m going the Ryzen/3090 build now prebuilt.

200 a month over 18 months. Not too bad.

get the use of it with this Covid shite, wish I did something similar when this first started.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

Have a link for that? may take a look myself. I want something that will last a few years and that I can also stream of.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

Interest rate: 11.99% Fixed

Representative APR: 16.49% APR Representative

That's insane.

A bank loan from AIO or BOI will save you hundreds! https://www.bonkers.ie/compare-loans/

I'm going down the route of a loan from the bank Koki, cheers though.

• Advertisement

I'm confused, 200x18 = 3600 but that machine is 6k?

I'm gonna do 5K loan and 1k of my own money over two years. Works out around 220 a month.

It will be well used. I don't drink or smoke. Machine is 5.5K but with hyper warranty for four years with Dell brings it up to 6K.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭Inviere

The overall specs are sweet, but spinning rust and a 750w Psu (for a 12900 and 3090???) for 6 grand? Also, haven't those cases come under serious scrutiny recently re inadequate cooling?

Even with scalper prices, you'd likely still get better value and performance by building yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

Do you even need a machine like that? This whole "it'll do me for years thing" generally equates to a huge waste of money in 90% of cases, in that it'd be cheaper to buy a new machine every few years that'll perform consistently as well to the standard needed while costing less.

Really the only way that machine makes sense is if firstly, money is no object because it's vastly overpriced - even Currys have similar machines for thousands less.

And even then, it still only makes sense if you're actually gaming at 4k ultra settings right now, or 1440P 240hz, or something similar.

Finally, Dell customer support for home users is utterly atrocious. After buying a dud gaming laptop, and the hell I went through trying to get it sorted with clueless tech support in Eygpt or India, I wouldn't ever touch them again, let alone pay for a 4 year support package.

Also, that's €400 wasted. Irish consumer law is very strong - a €6k PC automatically would have a huge warranty under our consumer law, eg no judge in a Small Claims Court would find that a €6k PC that dies after 4 years is reasonable or even close.

So if you bought one of those €4k machines in Currys which is basically the same as the Dell, you'd be essentially covered just the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Just one thing about the Small Claims Court. The maximum they can award is €2,000.

• a small claims court can pass your case to a district court for review if necessary anyway. Besides it’s likely they wouldn’t award you the cash rather order Dell to sort it out.

Advertisement