Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭jimdemp

I agree

Connacht have some quality emerging in the second row with the likes of the Murray brothers from Roscommon, Niall and Darragh, and Oisin Dowling, but the double loss of internationals Roux and Dillane leaves Connacht in the market for an experienced lock.

Going by the Irish Examiner Connacht will be looking to bring in a experienced lock.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

How in gods name would a french report know either the finances involved in, or the symbiosis of, leinster rugby and schools rugby?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

I saw all the new comments and immediately assumed we'd lost someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Some good news for a change with Bealham signing new two year deal

https://twitter.com/connachtrugby/status/1473683803923230739?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Important bit of business. Quality THs are always going to be looked at by other clubs and Finlay for my money is the best we have in Ireland after Furlong and Porter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

The IRFU don’t spend any money on schools, that’s the whole point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

They do work extensively with the schools and there is development officers of various levels working in many of the schools allthe time and the budgets these schools have to spend on rugby has everything to do with Leinster as it has a direct impact on standard of players coming into the Leinster set up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭TRC10

Bealham signing on is great news for Connacht.

He's a very underrated player. Exceptionally skilful prop.

Although I hope a condition was that he get's a better haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

And that obviously doesn't apply to any other province.

Lads this is a mental line of argument.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

You more than anyone should know that the IRFU have development officers in schools all over the country. Both public and private of they play rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Can someone start a thread if they want to continue conversation, not relevant to Connacht.

It’s pretty annoying that Connacht have stopped doing injury updates, hard to keep track of who’s available. Expect there will be some changes for trip to Belfast anyway - Papali’i might get a start, Marmion has obviously re-established himself as first choice but think Blade may come in, Carty could prob do with bit of a rest, would be interested to see Aki Bolton get a run together, Mack Hansen will probably be back.

Ulster will be keen for revenge after getting a thumping in Lansdowne.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Going with Tuimauga to prepare him for big return Leicester game, Duggan back on the bench, rest Burke

Delahunt/Tierney to rest Heff

Bealham just back, either McCoy or Aungier benching

Fifita'a needs a start, with young Murray, Dillane bench

Rest all back-row, too much used, I'd go with both Mastersons 6/7 and Big Papa 8, Booth 1st game n°20

Blade/Fitz (Marmion/Carty subs)

Aki/Farrell

Ben O'Donnell, Porch and Hensen as dream-all-aussie-back-3, TOH bringing experience off the bench

Bolton joker kept for Munster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Rare good news with Bealham.

Lads if we lose Blade I'm gonna be raging. I hope to **** we hear that renewal happening.

Dillane Roux and Daly had no real chance to make the Irish squad for RWC

Blade has an outside chance to be in it.

Might help him to stay, Bealham and Carty did

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭ShineyShiney

Great news on Bealham. Brilliant player.

For Ulster I'd go with Duggan heffernan bealham dillane Murray prendergast Oliver butler Marmian carty bundi Arnold porch wooton Hansen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Heard from a source that Daly is staying. Praying they are right but usually are. Good news if so anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Himself and Porter must be having some kind of a bet over worst haircut!

I thought there was a brief time recently where they were discussing converting someone to loosie in Connacht and I thought it was funny Bealham started tightening up his hair like a signal he wanted to stay on the tight side.

I was right!! Daly signed on for another 2 years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Great news. If we can get Tom Farrell locked down I think we're pretty well stocked at centre. Losing Arnold has probably knocked us down from "absolutely stacked".

I think Peter Robb might leave, good player when fit but 26 appearances over the past four and a half seasons does not represent good value for money, in a time when funds are likely to be extremely tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

For the ulster game is like to see something along the lines of:

duggan heff Bealham

murray dowling

prendergast, Oliver, papalii

Marmion Carty

bundee Farrell

wootton Mack porch

delahunt tietie Illo fafita butler blade Fitzgerald Bolton

thinn that’s the strongest back line in the squad, would love to see Mack at 15.

need to give Murray snd dowling as many minutes as possible this year

We're right, not too many not weakened, with 5 senior players and 2 very good Acedemy back-ups

4 n°12 but in real 3 as 1 is often with Ireland, 2 are 12/10, and 1 injury prone

Bundee Aki (32) -

Tom Daly (29) -

Peter Robb (28) -

Cathal Forde (20) -

And 3 n°13

Tom Farrell (28) -

Shayne Bolton (22) -

Shane Jennings (21) -

You are more reliable then that duncen casey fella. I am surprised the examiner would allow their credibility be damage by someone making up silly stories like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

To be fair to him (which given previous muppetry is a bit generous) Munster could very well have been in talks. Deallende is more than likely off and you would back Daly to establish himself ahead of Scannell.

Really glad we kept him. Very important player for us, been a consistent first team player for a while now and has improved a lot on that period

Thanks! I won't lie, I didn't expect the good news announcement the next morning!

I'm guessing Casey was kite flying

• Registered Users Posts: 20,318 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Good to hear about the signings this eek Daly has been playing really well and Balham is an important signing too.

Really sorry to hear Dillane is leaving. Connacht needs a big second row signing while the bring the using lads through. I hope the IRFU can help if necessary.

Listening to luke Fitzgerald and he was saying Dillane is close to Ireland d selection but I think he's being overlooked. Whether rightly or wrongly,he's been overtaken by TB and RB and he's not going to be a regular Ireland player. Can't blame him going to France. Big loss to connacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Dillane is 28. He is right to move on for more money,imo. I hope he flourishes in France. In the end, if you are regarded as a fringe international player, why would you stay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Ulster match postponed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zeugnis

Disappointing, I though we were going to rip them one. But even if the squads had been untouched by Covid, it would not have been responsible to play it in front of a crowd. Very difficult situation in Dublin, not clued in on elsewhere, but happy Christmas to all you Connacht fans. with Daly and Bealham having re-signed, and a bunch of players due to return soon from injury, 2022 is full of promise.

Advertisement