Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Silva is a class act, and don't forget KDB was on the bench. I think when he is back we will knock in a few more goals . Chelsea on a wobble now hopefully we do push on .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Job done. Not pretty, for sure. But it is what it is. Pocket the three points and move on. 100 goals up for Raheem and 100 clean sheets for Ederson. The most clean sheets of any PL keeper in the time since he made his debut for us. Well done to both of them. As for Jiminez's red card; was he trying to outdo Walker for sheer stupidity? What a ridiculous red card. Anyway; come on Leeds, Villa and Norwich. Give me an early birthday present. Being honest, though, I can't see any of them getting anything more than a half time cuppa.

Ah well. It wasn't to be. Wishful thinking on my part.

Not like UEFA to cock things up, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Jesus Christ! Just imagine being corrupt as well as incompetent!

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Relax brah

Pep and Txiki travelling to Barcelona to attend Sergio press conference re: retirement - ultimate sign of respect and I hope he is offered a role with city as some sort of ambassador. He can still bring so much to the club and is loved by all

A chance to give our GD a boost tonight. Oh, for a striker.......

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Relax brah

Superb half. Leeds will definetly try to change something, but lets go for another 3 please.

Another one or two would be ideal. Got to try to narrow down the difference in GD between ourselves and Liverpool.

Could you imagine going into the Leeds dressing room. 2 more and and we are tired for GD

• Advertisement

A game like this had been coming

As expected, Kun has announced his retirement from the game on health grounds. He's done the only sensible thing. An absolute legend, one of the best strikers to grace the Premier League. And he gave me my best ever moment at a City game. Thanks for the memories Kun.

And there was me thinking that might be the toughest one of the December lot!

Good to see the real KDB back!

I see Pep had an "inconclusive" Covid test earlier today. Had a second test, which has come back as negative. Which is excellent news.

That's a strong XI. No messing about this afternoon lads, go out and take care of business. A solid, stress free 2-0 will do nicely.

Great to see Raheem rediscovering some goalscoring form in this last few weeks. He'll be needed in the second half of the season.

"10 goals scored in the space of five days". Seriously? These are supposed to be professional commentators. God knows, I'm not the sharpest knife in the kitchen drawer. But even I know that 7+4 does not equal 10.

Decent result from Molyneux as well. Not expecting Spurs to get anything, though. They're very flakey. Liverpool will have too much for them.

3 points clear at the top, with nearly half the season gone. The hard work starts now. We're there to be shot at. Hopefully Pep and the lads have a good, Covid-safe Christmas, and be fit and raring to go for the Leicester game on boxing day.

• Advertisement

Extra games in january for Liverpool and Chelsea. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Especially if Liverpool have 3 key players in the African Cup of Nations.

Provided it goes ahead, today is our last home game until the Chelsea game on the 15th. So, no messing about today lads. Respect Leicester, but don't fear them. They have some very good players, but so do we. A solid, professional 2-0 win will do me nicely. By the way, a belated Merry Christmas to my fellow City fans (wasn't on here yesterday).

No Dias, Stones or Rodri, apparently. Covid, possibly? Damn.

Dias in the team, no Stones or Rodri though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

We're winning this league, aren't we?

• Advertisement

Not yet fella, not yet. Only half the season gone.

Never in doubt, eh?

Christ, we made harder work of that than we needed to. It looks like we were trying to outdo Leicester in the hopeless defending stakes. They won the first half, definitely. But we trumped them in that second half. I think i sweated off yesterday's excesses watching that!

The main thing is, we got the focus back when we had to. Walker and Rodri were big misses today. I love Dinho, he's been fantastic for us. But, hate to say it, his legs are gone.

Those counter attacks would not have happened with Rodri on the pitch, though Dias didn't exactly cover himself in glory, especially for the first one. Dinho has been fantastic but at 36 it's no great surprise that he's not as good as he used to be. And his booking right at the end was daft, completely unnecessary. Surely it's his last year with us as a player.

That Maddison fella is a bit good at playing football, though. Not that we need any more attacking midfielders at the moment but I think Pep could make something special out of that one.

• Advertisement

He would be very difficult to get from Leicester aswell .

As TF said, we don't really need Maddison. I'd kill for Haaland or Vlahovic.

Well done to Leicester, and to Newcastle last night. Belated, but welcome nevertheless, Christmas pressies!

Nothing better than seeing them lose...unless it is to Rodgers😀

Big month coming up. We've got a trip to a rejuvenated Arsenal at lunchtime on saturday, followed by the visit of Chelsea a couple of weeks later, combined with the Chelsea/Liverpool game on sunday afternoon. If we can take 4 pts from those two games, and the other game finish up as a draw, we'll be in a strong position. We'll also be losing Mahrez to AFCON, which will be a blow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

can anyone pm the channel showing the Brentfort game tonight.

Many thanks..... I think we have that in the house with all the other maze of subs and gadgets we have connected to the various TV's knocking around!!

COYBIB.........

Pity that there's no Rodri, Walker or Stones available, but it is what it is. I would have concerns about Dinho; his legs are pretty much gone. He won't be able to catch any of the Brentford players to foul them!

;-)

Please lads, no silly mistakes or complacency. Treat Brentford with the respect they deserve (they held Liverpool to a draw not that long ago). Respect them, but don't fear them. A solid, professional, scare-free 2 or 3 goal win will do me nicely.

We've been poor tonight, no two ways about it. But it's a huge 3 points, taking Chelsea's result as well as Liverpool's last night, into account. That pitch was a shocker as well, by the way (London Irish play on it, do they?). Anyhow; if we can get a win at the Emirates on saturday (though the performance will have to be much improved), and then hope that Chelsea and Liverpool draw the day after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Poor? Atrocious I'd say. I have been watching city for 45 years and I can say hand on heart for the money parted Jack Grealish is an abonimation. You could forgive him if he was actually trying to make something happen. Absolute and utter shite. Jo or lee **** Bradbury level.

Not sure why we actually bought him, to be honest. We didn't need him. Kev, Ilkay, Phil, Bernie all play in more or less the same AM position. Yes, there were fears that Bernie might leave. But even so, the priority should have been a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Hes got to start taking people on. Anyone can collect and pass it back it from where it came. He's slow as well and weak. Surely Pep was expecting so much more.

And was SHOCKED to hear the commentator say that we sold Torres to Barcelona!!!!

So had to google it and it’s true!! And only for €57+/- million. Jeez .. that was bad business. I thought he was gonna be Aguero replacement.

So still no outright striker......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

If it's not broken don't try and fix it. The limited game time over the last number of years for Kun and Jesus should tell you that a typical out and out is not for the system he deploys MOST matches. You'll walk the league again this year.

Where I think you do come unstuck with this system is against the bigger teams in Europe where you don't have it all your own way and need a striker who is top top class.

When we bought Mahrez we did not need him either, we were well covered in that position already. And indeed, he did not play very much in his first season as it took a year for Pep to get him to adapt his style to suit our game. Same with Bernardo. Same with Rodri. Same with Cancelo. Just look at those players now - give Grealish a year to adapt before you write him off. If he's still not producing next season, THEN we think about cutting our losses.

As for signing a striker, of course we are crying out for someone to put all those chances away, just imagine what Haaland would do with that kind of service. HOWEVER, playing an out-and-out striker would disrupt the present team structure, and if the pressing stops working our whole style of play stops working. That's why Pep won't sign a striker in January, it just does not work that way. He needs time to adapt our play to incorporate a striker without taking away what we've got already. (And thank f*ck we did not sign Ronaldo!)

Post edited by TFBubendorfer on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

He looks lost from what I've seen. I would say he's overwhelmed with the coaching.

He's likely not taking players on because he's afraid of losing the ball, Pep's ultimate nono.

A happy new year to my fellow blues on here...

• Advertisement

The "people" who did this are utter scum. Hopefully Joao and his family can recover from this ordeal.

Advertisement