Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Well, they've certainly destroyed most forms of trading anyway.

Lighting rounds almost every day at this stage which is killing the market.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

IF trading never been better :/ the constant lightning rounds means there’s discard Premier League IFs every week, and within a week, they’re all up 4-5k. Plus because IFs are so prevalent, every single SBC coming out now has them as requirements.

speaking off, rewards are all out. Multiple 100k packs.

loads of great fodder out. Might do another icon lottery pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Whats with all the rival reward packs, 1 jumbo premium gold, 2 jumbo rare players pack, and 2 mega packs, i didnt get these after season 1

Do i save them for tomorrow night and see will santEA be good and leave numerous Sumon Kjaers and duplicates for me to enjoy

That Etebo card looks quality, even though im running a PL team, i have to stay away for a little while at least, cos theres a rumoured Coutinho card on the way that will fit perfectly around Fabinho and Bobby Firmino in my team

There were milestone reward packs given out depending on how many rival games you played. If you played 90, you got 3 100k packs, I think.

baby Socrates from my icon pack. Not great in terms of price, but also a player I was wanting to try cause I thought he was fun a few years back. Will throw him in for a bit.

• Advertisement

Ah ok, I played 90 or whatever it was, in season 1 to and didnt get them so was just wondering

Haven't played much lately, but had a good few hours at it yesterday and really enjoyed it.

The 4-3-2-1 seems to be back to its old self, and I got to within one win of elite before bailing out of it as I still needed 2 wins to hit 7 Rivals wins so thought I'd have no chance of that in Elite and stayed in division 1 and got the 2 wins! 😅

I've upgraded my team a bit and currently running the below in a 4-3-2-1 in-game, everyone on 10 chem except Mane on 8. Cantona the most advanced of the 3, Tonali stay back, and Vidal box-to-box.

Baby Cantona and Cordoba are huge upgrades on gold Dybala and gold Koulibaly respectively. Cantona is amazing really. For someone so big and strong he's unbelievably agile, and personally I think he's actually underpriced at 1m coins.

The plan is to take Zambrotta from the Icon Swaps, and then switch him and Spinazzola in-game as Zambrotta has a 5 star weak foot and Spinazzola is actually right footed, so that will work perfectly. Typically, Cuadrado would finally get his long awaited and much deserved IF this week! 🙈

After that, apart from one of the huge icons I don't really see much room for improvement. There's a massive lack of elite LW's (the likes of Ginola and Neymar are wasted out there) so maybe I'll wait in hope of a promo card or look at an icon RW to play LW on 7 chem, but Mane is doing the job for now.

I'm back to about 100k coins now so time to build those up again! 4 x 100k packs coming from Rivals rewards/milestones so looking forward to packing nothing from those this evening! 😂

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I put Politano at LW and play him as a left striker. His strong foot shooting is amazing. Do you not find Vidal a bit slow?

How are you finding Cordoba?

I was also going to get Zambrotta, couldn't decide between going for him or Del Piero but think I'll get a new RB.

Bought TOTGS Bruno this morning. I'd guess he's another player I'm unlikely to ever sell. He was 620k for ages, but this morning saw him drop to 530k. Socrates coming in puts the need for another attacker on the back burner for a bit. Lining up like this now....

Chemistry is a mess cause Ballack was playing a CAM up until ytesterday, and Bruno is just bought.

I've got 1.4m in the bank now, and not sure where to spend it. I hate spending big on defenders cause a lot of the time, I don't feel it really does much to upgrade my game. Mid term, I'll probably look to upgrade on Socrates, but I want to play for a bit with him. Mid Rooney will probably go into his slot when Swaps is finished. Or maybe Silva's if he's fallen behind the curve.

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

IF Lewandowski in my season rewards. Good for a SBC.

• Advertisement

Vidal is a little slow, but it's not a major issue for me with 3 CM's. Might be different if I was running 2 CM's, but to be honest he's so solid in every other area that I can overlook it. With his workrates I find he's all over the pitch on balanced and I'm really happy with him.

Loving Cordoba. He reminds me so much of Moments Cannavaro from last season, who I spent 1m coins on and was the best defender I've ever used in any FIFA. The fact he's still the 4th most expensive non-Icon CB in the game (2 of those 3 who are more expensive are versions of Marquinhos) despite having awful links, speaks volumes. He's like controlling Messi he's so agile, so perfect for manual defending.

I like Zambrotta as 1) it's a position of need for us Serie A owners and 2) he's going to be usable for the rest of the game cycle. Plus the icon link offers a hybrid route out of Serie A if we want it.

Its a shame you dont run a bundesliga team, his base card was incredible, easily the best striker i have used in this Fifa so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Anyone tried the 89 Schweinsteiger looking at either him or RTTK Fred for a box to box role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭piplip87

Gone 4-0 in qualifiers. Most people must be qualified at this stage. 89 IF Sterling is doing the business for me so far. 48 Goals and 34 Assists in 60 games.

Opened my packs:

Jumbo gold pack: Coates 83ovr, 7 duplicates

Rare players pack: Munian 83ovr, 4 duplicates

Rare players pack: Bonucci 85ovr, 2 duplicates including 83 Coates

Jumbo rare pack: Cancelo 86ovr, 10 duplicates.

Jumbo rare pack: 87 Aguero, 10 duplicates

Mega pack: Vertonghen 81ovr, 4 duplicates

Mega pack: Maguire 84ovr, 4 duplicates

Happy Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Grim enough! I wont get too excited for mine later then so!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Oooh I see they finally put an Irish player in the season rewards, he looks decent also!!

Patiently awaiting Mbappe to come down to 1 million before pulling the trigger. Anyone using him?

Just gonna fire all my untradeable low golds into the 75+ sbc, and see what happens, 84 Ricardo from Leicester out of 1st pack, will hopefully pick up some more 80+ fodder for Coutinho

Has everyone been collecting the Winter Wildcard tokens in recent days?

Total of 11/25 are/have been available so far, and 15 gets you an 85 x 10 pack, so you don't need to get them all.

An 85 x 10 pack is basically half an icon SBC, or a huge chunk out of a desirable SBC like Vieira or similar.

Even if you got 20 out of the 25 tokens, you could get the 85 x 10 pack (15 tokens) plus an Ultimate pack (5 tokens).

• Advertisement

The Blackburn CB is a good cheap option, most cant use him due to links. Switching to TAA and having Rooney/Cech meant i could get him in.

Also gives me the chance to use the English League RMs who came out recently, i packed both - Edwards/Graham. Both are cheap but again its likely due to the lack of English players to get them in more than their ability.

I was using Edwards originally and he was fine, just said I'd try Graham for a while as he has more stats, 6"0 too so strong and fast.

Ive a good few subs that are decent that i cant use for one reason or another - 85 Vinicius, Nkunku POTM, Fekir, I packed the new David untradeable(no Ligue 1 to bother for now).

I might ship the FB Kante next, he's starting to drop off a bit, I'll look into the Watford player but will lose chem for Varane then.

Yeah im collecting them, was looking at Daka in the beginning, but might take the 85x10 instead

Yeah got them all so far, hoping for at least 15 for the 85 x 10. Big thanks to Lord TSC for posting about the Silver Stars one, never would have noticed it! I run all German silvers too so will actually use the silver card.

Going to be tough trying to do the SBCs on the phone for a few days when I head over home. That and intoxication will be a disaster 😆

I’m wondering if saving 5e 85x10 for TOTY might be the play. That’s usually not too far away after this, is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

he's well worth it. Seems more like a 5*wf as he's scored a right few belters for me. I was lucky enough to get him from a gold upgrade sbc pack but anyone on here who's bought him hasn't regretted it in the slightest.

Tip- CD keys are selling a pre-order pack for 2.80 or something like that. You get a 5 game loan mbappe I think for it as well as a guaranted totw and some other loan ambassador card (son/foden etc).

But it allows you to try out Mbappe for 5 games and see how good he is.

find that pack rewards are utterly awful.

Got one walkout from 10 packs between my div 2 season/weekly rewards. Those jumbo rare packs are appaling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

looking at last year he normally stays around 1m to end Feb and then starts to drop heavily so could buy him now and get 6 - 8 weeks and only lose a 100k or so maybe.

Again as a heads up.

There's a WW card in the Marque Match ups this week.

Yeah been saying it since the start, 7 wins for some coins and 2 miserable packs a week is seriously not worth the effort, and the fact i had to play 90 for what i got today, im ashamed of myself 😄

• Advertisement

I wouldn’t even worry about his price.

Mbappe is an end game card.

The only cards that will beat him will be his Toty and tots cards.

Advertisement