Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you be taking a booster?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Amias

• Registered Users Posts: 9,380 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

It may have been a walk-in for specific cohorts (e.g. Boosters only, no Dose 1/2s) which meant they didn't need to have Pfizer stocks out.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Pawinho

No thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,639 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

And that appears to be how it has been.

No sickness or flu like symptoms, which quite a few friends and work colleagues got with the booster.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,153 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Presumably you didn't get doses 1 and 2 either then?

A friend of mine's father is like that. He's 65, very obese and a prime candidate for Covid complications. But he has no truck with vaccines, even though he cannot now get in to see his mother of 92 in her Nursing Home, or visit a pub or restaurant with his family.

His wife dropped dead in her late 50s from an undetected heart problem and so his kids are understandably worried about losing their other parent relatively young.

His niece is a nurse and in a recent conversation, she said to him, 'you should probably have a chat to your lads about your wishes.' 'Wishes', he says? So she explained that his next of kin should be aware of what medical interventions he would wish to undergo in the event of a serious Covid episode and at what point they should no longer resuscitate him, if it came to that. That gave him something to think on.

Bloody mindedness is one of humanity's great failings. Despite hundreds of millions of doses of these SAFE vaccines being administered, otherwise sane people choose to ignore that evidence and would rather roll the dice with death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Got a text out of the blue from my GP to get my vaccination booster on the 10th of Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Capra

Are you still claiming it to be infinitismal? This research proves that the Moderna vaccine has a higher chance of causing mycarditis than Covid does and when it comes to under 40 year old men it is very substantially higher. And unlike Covid it affects healthy and normal weight people just as much as the unhealthy and overweight. Under 40 year old men are at almost zero risk from Covid but you want them to keep taking boosters so you feel good and just ignore all data which goes against your beliefs. Madness and selfishness.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

For someone talking about research it's bizarre that you claim Covid doesn't affect healthy and normal weight people.

A bit of pick'n'mix you've got going there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,554 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

We estimated extra myocarditis events to be between 1 and 10 per million persons in the month following vaccination, which was substantially lower than the 40 extra events per million persons observed following SARS-CoV-2 infection.

Yeah, 10 per million is pretty small.

Infinitesimal, even

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Yes I will be taking a booster ; didn't fancy queuing but got a text from the HSE for a test tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Pawinho

This is an example of why certain people will remain ignorant no matter what you tell them. No matter what you say, they made their mind up a long time ago and no evidence, no stories, no nothing will change their mind. They will continue to live in blissful ignorance.

"Do you want to get a vaccine?"

"No thanks."

"You'll be safer if you do?"

"In your opinion."

"Not in my opinion. That's what the data shows."

"I don't care. I don't have to get one."

"I didn't say you have to get one. I asked you why you aren't getting one?"

"I just don't want one."

"Why not?"

"It's not been fully tested."

"It's been FDA approved."

"Yeah but it was rushed."

"It was developed quickly because researchers around the world worked together as quickly as possible as we're in a pandemic. It was tested as much as any vaccine, including the ones you had as a child, and used methods that had been in development for the past 20 years."

"In your opinion".

"Not in my opinion. You can read the papers about it."

"Why would I read papers about something I don't want?"

"Because you haven't explained why you don't want it."

"We don't know the long-term side effects."

"In the history of vaccines, only two vaccines had long term side effects. And they were both live vaccines. These are not live vaccines. A basic understanding of vaccines would tell you that it doesn't even make sense to suggest that vaccines like this can have long-term side effects."

"In your opinion."

"Not in my opinion. Just like it's not my opinion that Covid has long term side effects."

"Yeah but I'm in my 20s so I'll be fine."

"By that logic, you'll also be fine if you take a vaccine."

"Yeah but... shut up."

"Weren't you at the lockdown protest last week?"

"Of course I was! Damn government thinks they can tell me what I can and can't do."

"What do you think we should instead do?"

"What do you mean?"

"To end the pandemic?"

"Well, vaccines and lockdowns haven't worked have they? There's still a pandemic."

"Vaccines and lockdowns are however stopping the hospitals from being overwhelmed."

"Don't care."

"Weren't you clapping for the nurses outside your house last year? You do care."

"Shut up."

"So, what do you think we should do?"

"Just vaccinate the vulnerable."

"We have the vulnerable vaccinated. And boosted them. As well as a large portion of the non-vulnerable vaccinated and boosted. And yet the data shows that we still need a lockdown to not overwhelm the hospitals. Because some people, like yourself, refuse to be vaccinated."

"No, it's because the vaccines don't work with Omicron."

"They do still work. They're just not as effective against this mutation compared to the previous mutation. Which is why it's important that people like yourself start getting vaccinated. Vaccines still keep the numbers down in hospitals with this mutation, which is what matters."

"Only if you're boosted. What a coincidence."

"Coincidence?"

"Just as the vaccine is wearing off, we've been given a reason to get boosted. Big Pharma doing their thing."

"What? What are you suggesting? That Omicron was intentionally created?"

"I don't know, and don't care."

"You read that on Facebook didn't you?"

"Shut up. Besides, I'm not taking a booster every 3 months forever."

"Why not?"

"Because I've heard you can get a bad headache and stuff from it. I'm not putting something into my body that can cause that if I don't have to, and especially not regularly."

"Weren't you in bed all day yesterday with a hangover?"

"Shut up."

"And last weekend?"

"I said shut up."

"And it won't be forever. Covid does not want to kill the host, it wants to survive. And it will do that by mutating to be more transmissible and less lethal, which is what it looks like we're seeing with Omicron.

"Great, so Omicron is less worrisome."

"I didn't say that. While it looks like it might be less lethal, it might still be so transmissible that more people will end up hospital. We don't have enough data yet to know."

"So mutations won't end the pandemic. It might even keeping getting worse."

"No. As I said, Covid does not want the host to die. Eventually, a mutation that's very transmissible but only as lethal as something like the flu will dominate. Then, the pandemic will end and things will get back to normal."

"And when will that happen?"

"We don't know. We cannot predict how and when Covid will mutate. It might be the next mutation, it might be a couple of mutations. All we know is that there may be some more waves until then, and we need to protect the vulnerable in the meantime."

"Great."

"So, you'll get vaccinated?"

"No thanks."

"Look, it's winter. Lots of people usually get sick around now anyway. Are you not concerned that there won't be any beds for these people?"

"It'll work itself out."

"Didn't your mom die of cancer a few years ago after a decade-long battle?"

"Yeah, so?"

"Are you not concerned about similar people now?"

"Of course I am."

"So, you'll get vaccinated?"

"No thanks."

They'll keep going round and round in circles, all the while not listening or absorbing anything you're saying. They made their mind up a long time ago.

And some, like this poster, will even come into a thread like this and say it proudly. As if it makes them brave. As if it makes them a hard man. When in fact it just makes them look like a little bitch for being afraid of a vaccine.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Got mine yesterday

Just have a sore arm.

It's no big deal, just get the booster.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭MTU

Getting mine hopefully in next two weeks. Slightly sceptical about the fourth vaccine but we see when the time comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,877 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Same as me got Pfizer...zero anything bar slightly sore arm

Same here, got the Pfizer.

Not sure what the problem is with people getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Got a Pfizer yesterday, no issues bar a sore arm, after the second one I had serious chills and aches all over for the following day, delighted that did not happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭crisco10

Got pfizer yesterday, sore arm that's it. Totally different to after getting e J&j a few months back.

I do have a headache, but that could equally be the brain haemorrhage I had 2 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,877 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I had two AZ before I was a bit wrecked the morning after the second one, but by about 1 next day I was ok. Would have no issue getting another Pfizer down the line.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Can this post be stickied please.

Brilliant summary.

Same as, got Pfizer for the 1st 2 and my booster.

Felt rough after the first one but after that no symptoms at all bar a sore arm.

I'll keep taking the booster, I honestly couldn't care how many they push out. I'll listen to actual scientists before some randomers on the Internet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,874 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Just got mine in the Portlaoise centre - in an out in 15 mins, world class service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭Russman

Just got mine in the GP's. Moderna, first two were Pfizer. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Not often I agree with a bohs fan😉 but yeah, unless something changes I'll be sticking with the science.

Got a Moderna booster yesterday After getting Pfizer for the first 2 jabs, had been 'warned' it'll hit me like a tonne of bricks, but other than a sore arm (I got that after the first 2 jabs also) its been grand, so unless it hits me later today it looks like I'll avoid the side effects others got... happy days.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Tony Manero

• Registered Users Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Getting my third today. If they're expecting me to line up to get a 4th in three months I'll be far less enthusiastic about it. Though I'm sure I'll just get it if they remove my right to travel or go into a pub or gym without it. If their plan for the foreseeable is boosters of what have turned out to be not that effective vaccines every three months then I think everyone (who is not massively at risk from this virus in the first place) will have their own line where they think maybe I just won't bother with this anymore, whether that be 4th/5th/6th etc.

We can declare a Christmas truce on this subject (and this subject only)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Yes but I will never ever take a moderna jab again. Never so sick after it (vomiting etc for hours)

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

Advertisement