Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment 2020-22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Unfortunately this was inevitable once the Covid-19 issue took hold, people simply aren't booking flights at the moment.

Hopefully though Aer Lingus will give first refusal for new contracts in future years to those who have been let down this year. It's especially unfortunate for those that have already quit their jobs to join EI, that must be a terrible situation to find yourself in through no fault of your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Boeing651

Unfortunately this was inevitable once the Covid-19 issue took hold, people simply aren't booking flights at the moment.

Hopefully though Aer Lingus will give first refusal for new contracts in future years to those who have been let down this year. It's especially unfortunate for those that have already quit their jobs to join EI, that must be a terrible situation to find yourself in through no fault of your own.

Yep that’s me, unemployed now. Family mortgage etc but look not a lot EI can do just have to roll the dice now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Boeing651 wrote: »
    Yep that’s me, unemployed now. Family mortgage etc but look not a lot EI can do just have to roll the dice now.

Awful, so sorry to hear that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Not being a smart ass as I know what it was like to be made redundant in 08, Did EI give people an actual start date?
    Which then the prospective employees handed in their notice, Was talking to my mate yesterday who was telling me that their was lads who got direct entries into EI &BA only for the companies to withdraw the offer of employment.

Not being a smart ass as I know what it was like to be made redundant in 08, Did EI give people an actual start date?
    Which then the prospective employees handed in their notice, Was talking to my mate yesterday who was telling me that their was lads who got direct entries into EI &BA only for the companies to withdraw the offer of employment.

Yes many people had a start date, I know of people who were due to start this week and it was cancelled a few days ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 LauralB

Hey! Yes they had given start dates. They had also sent out training contracts to people, which automatically gives you a sense of security which therefore people had given notice & left jobs.
    It’s a really sticky situation for everyone right now in all jobs, but I really do feel for the ones who had given notice & left jobs and now don’t have a leg to stand on.
    We can all understand why our training was cancelled but it still doesn’t take away the worry some are facing right now!
    Hopefully this will be over soon & fingers crossed they will give first refusal to us who have had our training cancelled but time will tell.
    Hope everyone is doing okay I know it’s such a rough, worrying time x

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭popers98

Has anyone been paid the one week’s notice yet?

popers98 wrote: »
    Has anyone been paid the one week’s notice yet?

No and emails no longer working all keep bouncing back! I guess we ain’t getting it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Sucks for you guys, hopefully things straighten themselves up quick enough in the coming months, though I am not hopeful, and you can take your jobs up riding round Europe / The World.

Inquitus wrote: »
    Sucks for you guys, hopefully things straighten themselves up quick enough in the coming months, though I am not hopeful, and you can take your jobs up riding round Europe / The World.

Hopefully they might recruit again before they end of this year and we may have some chance. Has anyone been told they’d be kept on file for the next recruitment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

popers98 wrote: »
    Hopefully they might recruit again before they end of this year and we may have some chance. Has anyone been told they’d be kept on file for the next recruitment?

Unfortunately I think the next recruitment drive could be a long way off. The recovery in aviation will be long and slow and will likely be years before we get back to what was until recently - normal traffic levels.

Hi has anyone received any contact from EI to see if they’re still interested in CC in 2022?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Coffeelock2020

They’ve a list of ex crew who they’ve let go they’ll be contacting first - might be another good while for anyone else

I was due to start in 2020 and it didn’t go ahead due to covid. I was contacted over the last couple of days wondering if I were still interested and available to start in the new yesr

Hi yes. I was contacted to see if still interested in the role for courses starting between jan and may 2022. No more info given just they’d be in touch in due course with next steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tiamcc

Hi, I was contacted too. They said they'd be in touch soon about training

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Great news! Best of luck in your training.

A job post has gone live today for Aer Lingus cabin crew. Do you think those who got called will have to go through the process again?

Sounds like that would defeat the purpose of them contacting you directly but maybe email to enquire!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Would definitely follow the above advice, you’ve gone through the process already and are needed. Gentle email to HR should see the process expedited for you, great to see hiring taking place again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Tiamcc

Not sure where you saw it, It says application process is currently closed on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

What is the starting salary? Will they still get the same amount of people applying after so many retrained and got better jobs with better money in other industries?

It was open for less than 24 hours which i assume means they were inundated with applications, hardly a surprise given the amount of people who’ve lost jobs in aviation the past two years

The job was advertised for less than a day, it originally said it would be open until the 10th of November but has been removed already. Was previously told before they’ll only look at the x amount first applicants and draw a line.

Basic salary details can be found in the Irish independent articles from this summer.

Not trying to derail the topic at hand but what you've mentioned with CC retraining and going to other industries.

I wonder would it be the same for other sectors like ground handling ops refueling cargo etc, I know that the likes of Pubs/restaurants and certain parts of the transport industries have lost staff and are struggling to re-employ or get new hires to work for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I would have thought the wider airline industry would have problems getting new staff but as others have said the cabin crew portal was open for 1 day and they closed it. Probably a lot ex STK crew looking for work and some FR wanting to make the jump.

Apart from pilots, everyone else seems to be paid peanuts so no way management will want to increase wages regardless of a shortage of people. But as I have stated before, who wants to be accountable to anyone for €10.50 an hour?!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Coffeelock2020

They’ve reposted the advertisement now

It was edited and fixed term contract was put in

Hi has anyone gotten a start date yet?

really disappointed with the lack of communication from the recruitment company having tried to contact them multiple times

Yeah I know 3/4 ex colleagues who’ve got course dates.

• Advertisement

Are EI not doing the recruitment themselves these days?

Advertisement