Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

No. Nobody has put their hand up and signed a sworn court document saying they're an FG troll. No.

Just covering the pedantry.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thats because there is no evidence, except what your imagination is producing in your head. No one on this thread gives two fcuks about Cosgrave. He seems to bother you a lot though.

If this is proven untrue all we have is people trying to make a Leo Varadkar criminal investigation story into a story about a critic who tweets.

If true, all we have is people trying to make a Leo Varadkar criminal investigation story into a story about a critic who tweets and that some people are interested. And thats supposed to be some kind of taunt?

Kinda pointless exercise, but they need take the wins were they can, what with their man Leo being under criminal investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭CDarby

Edit, I will ask in the "FFG thread".

He is in his arse getting info from disgruntled members, this is his own obsessive hobby.

• Advertisement

Tbf as the saying geos,

The only people FG hate more than shinners are the fellow blueshirts...if they were in opposition and polling badly,it would be an utter bloodbath and the party would likely split

A bit of perspective, he's doxxing anonymous Twitter accounts, people sending who were sending lazy and often aggressive tweets for their own entertainment.

There's not much crossover between that and the inner workings of any political party. It's just Paddy trying to be the hardest lad on the playground. I genuinely wouldn't intellectualise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,655 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

And it is not only in this thread. The adoration of Cosgrave is spilling over elsewhere as posters adore his take-out of some poor guy losing his job.

Your post didn't even get the chance to age, let alone age well.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭CDarby

I couldn't resist the urge to wonder across to Twitter to take a look at what some are on about, and it's a real eye opener to be frank, not remotely familiar with him, but can I just ask you, what did you think of the content of "poor guys" tweets blanch152? For a poster who has long been on a faux "anti misogynistic" crusade, one would expect you to grant no problems at all on calling what actually was a bonafide example of misogyny out, and condemning same.

Oh, and also the "poor guy" didn't lose his job, he appears to have resigned.

A distinct difference, but then again, you have a bit of a casual relationship with the truth anyway.

oh dear, now you are putting up a defence of "some poor guy" who was telling women to get back into the kitchen and advocating for domestic violence against women. If thats the calibre of anonymous FG trolls on Twitter then dam right they should lose their job

• Advertisement

You are comfortable spinning this lie..

The adoration of Cosgrave is spilling over

and providing no back up. Is it just for your own amusement?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭BKelly21

I haven't seen anyones "adoration" of the "poor man" (that's certainly one way of describing him) resigning from his role (that's not losing his job by any stretch of imagination) on this site Blanch. Are you by chance confusing Twitter with Boards?

Also, are you even up to speed with what the "poor man" was tweeting? It's honestly some of the most vile and disgusting stuff I've ever seen on twitter, especially the sexism stuff he's been spewing at ladies, demanding they "get back in the kitchen", some of them "need a good dig" and he even made a reference to some young lads mother and what she may or may not do in the bedroom.

I'm genuinely shocked at you here, I would have thought you would have been the first poster off the blocks celebrating that a misogynistic troll account has been deactivated.

Let me guess though, you still aren't sure how twitter works or how to use it, you haven't familiarised yourself with the tweets in question, and are just blindly defending a troll, because that troll seems to have been operating with strong FG undercurrents?

Lol, that's some blind loyalty you have, look at the mess it's got you walked into now Blanch.

No, I haven't seen the man's tweets, that is true, and if you are correct, he deserves public opprobrium. However, Cosgrave is in a glasshouse when he is the one throwing stones.

Funny how some posters make it about me rather than the issue.

However, if you believe should lose jobs for misogynist (homophobic, racist or sectarian) statements, I can point you to a few other examples that have been let off scott free.

Haven't seen the guys tweets, and happy to condemn them, if what you say is true. Only commenting on the adoration that your friend Cosgrave attracts, despite all the protestations that he means nothing to people.

So you are not challenging the fact that Cosgrave is attracting a following on here? I am not commenting on the man's tweets, I am pointing to the adoration of Cosgrave which you denied.

Not the first time you have been wrong.

You are the one making the claims with no support.

You've more interest in Paddy than anyone.

Leo can't hide behind him forever. His criminal investigation (not forgetting Siteserv, Moriarty) will need come to a head at some point.

And you were asked to quote the posts where this imaginary adoration of Cosgrave is present and you were not able to do it. Like I said it is all in your head, just becasue you want something from your imagination to be true doesnt mean it is. Kind of like you labelling posters on here as homophobes for criticising Varadkar, you had to be pulled up on that one too.

The only one on this thread who has an obsession with Cosgrave is you, you continually bring him up. Why dont you start a thread on him if he is that important to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Sorry now, I didn't bring him up earlier, there was someone lauding his tweets on this forum earlier, lending credence to my point.

no you see again this is all in your imagination, the only person who brought up Cosgrave today was you. You are clearly obsessed with him while the rest of us sit back and laugh.

Anything to say about FG trolls advocating for beating the sh1t out of women? Varadkar did say he wanted an army of anonymous Fine Gael supporters. Well he has got that now and it just so turns out that they like to threaten women with violence.

#notanormalparty

• Advertisement

Its scary to watch someone,whos views,while disagreed with, once respected as taught-provoking & different perspective

...obviously spiraling across several threads,and losing touch with reality with increasingly desperate lies ,i hope they get the help needed....you may be witnessing birth/growth of a shinner glinner

• Registered Users Posts: 14,392 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Paddy seems to be losing the plot and having a go at trying to wind up everyone in his weird quest to rid the world of FF and FG.

The man needs some help to be honest.

..and yes, his tweets were often parroted as gospel by many here.

I'm still waiting on one of the FG massive to criticise the FG'er who tweeted about killing travellers. Ner a peep.

Selective moral outrage isn't moral outrage. Its convenient and political.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,382 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Shinners would seem to be well versed in “moral outrage”

Seemed very keen to get rid of the SCC for some obscure reason or other.

Seem very keen to ‘put a lid ‘ on stuff they are involved in like the Gearòid video though whilst

being extremely concerned about other parties issues.

If that isn’t moral outrage, I don’t know what is.

This thread is a prime example.

I hit a nerve i see.

No idea what SF or shinners have to do with my comment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,150 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod - Why are we discussing SF in the Leo thread? Lets keep on topic please

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

It seems to be a go-to if anyone has anything negative to say about Leo or FFG. "But what about the Shinners?" :confused:

Funny, that it seems from the outside that Paddy Cosgrave is a product of FG's own doing.

The bare-faced denial of the love-in of Paddy reminds me of Peter denying Jesus in the Bible.

I'll probably be accused of sectarianism for quoting the bible by our resident expert on such things.

Accused of lying.

Lies make baby Jesus cry. And on his birthday eve...tsk tsk.

As I say, if it keeps you amused.

I think it's awful the way FG Limerick Councillor Olivia O’Sullivan and Carlow Councillor Brian O’Donoghue are allowed talk of killing 'kn*****s' and t'other calling them 'sluts' with ner a drop of outrage from certain quarters. Wrong party I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,969 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The Cosgrave ambush on McGuirk is the Christmas gift I never knew I wanted the most.

I feel like Harry Truman watching the Soviets and the Imperial Japanese beating seven shades out of each other in Manchuria. It matters not a jot to me, but I'm happy to see them get stuck into each other all the same.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement