Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Oh well. Year ago when all vaccine dance started people were sent to CT forums when they said you will need a 2-3 doses a year.

What are news sites full of these days? Articles saying that pfizer booster starting to wane after only 10 weeks. That countries are chopping booster waiting times to 3 months. Sinovac apparently does not work for omicron at all...

Seems that all those crazy conspiracists with that ridiculous conspiracy theory about 3 or more doses in a year were right. Who would have thought that...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Nope. You are trying to reinvent reality.

Conspiracy theorists might have claimed that you would need boosters. But this was never denied by anyone. It was always a possibility.

What conspiracy theorists did claim was that the vaccines were dangerous. You claimed that many times and had to lie to do so. But it looks like you've given up trying to claim this.

Conspiracy theorists also claimed that the vaccines were going to depopulate the planet. That they were either designed to kill people directly or to make people infertile. That vaccines were going to have secret microchips inside. That they were going to have secret tracking nanotechnology. That they were going to alter people's DNA. That they were the mark of the beast.

Weird you ignore all those claims to pretend conspiracy theorists were right...

So what's the real reason for people to give multiple boosters according to you?

Or is it just going to be more vague suggestions that you can't elaborate on or provide any evidence for?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

No they weren't. Absolutely nothing particularly unexpected about needing multiple jabs.

Getting sent to the conspiracy theory forum would have been due to posting conspiracy theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Not true at all. Look at the Covid restriction thread and you’ll see non-conspiracy theorists saying that boosters are likely given that other vaccines need boosters, or tweaks as viruses mutate.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭hometruths

Interesting answer on the 5 year old, even if you knew the virus was at least 10 times more dangerous (which all the studies have shown it to be at least) would that still be your answer?

You know with certainty that the virus is ten times more dangerous to 5 year olds than the vaccine? From reading NIACs report that does not appear to be the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

if the data shows that, then so be it

Of course it matters how they died, if they didnt die of COVID, but by other means then using that number inflates the narrative of a so called pandemic

Well you've already failed to show that the numbers are inflated.

But perhaps you can explain why are they being inflated? Who by? Why?

Why are they using a method to inflate the numbers that's so obvious ?

some people wouldnt know tyranny if it covered their faces, locked them in their homes, enacted the biggest wealth transfer in history, censored them, made them show papers and force medicated them

• Advertisement

Again, that's not true though. You've been shown it's not true.

But ok. We'll humor you.

You believe there's no such thing as long covid.

Who created the myth and why?

I've shown on many occasions that the numbers were inflated

Holohan and Glynn confirming they counted ALL Deaths

Varadker confirming they counted all deaths in a care home setting

Dr Cuddihy confirming that all deaths if they had a positive PCR test regardless of what they died of (falling off a roof)

I'm not going to show those links again

All you are doing is deflecting again

• Subscribers Posts: 41,596 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

• Registered Users Posts: 12,803 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

off to celebrate Christmas with my family

Happy Christmas to all you miserable gits on here apart from the critical thinkers

Before we close 2021

Pandemic artificially created

Lockdowns ineffective 

Masks ineffective 

2m social distancing ineffective 

Quarantines with no symptoms futile 

Asymptomatic spread a myth 

"Vaccines" not legally vaccines 

Gene therapy ineffective and dangerous 

PCR useless

• Registered Users Posts: 13,526 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

off to celebrate Christmas with my family

Stay safe!

If you say so man. I'll humor your here too.

Who is inflating the numbers. Why?

Why are they using such an obvious method?

Pretty much all lies there.

You'd think you wouldn't lie on christmas...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

It's actually more than that and looking like more every day as data from the US comes through. The risk from the vaccine in younger people has been mild cases of myocarditis, this is also a much more frequent side effect of the virus (with worse symptoms on average). I picked 10 as a nice easy number.

There is also the human condition of doing something Vs. Inaction, if you had to walk through a door that had a 1/10,000 chance of injury or stay in the room with a 1/1,000 chance of injury, based on your replies you would go through the door and leave your kids in the room.

It is irrational (you're essentially looking for the trick that means the door is more risky somehow), which is also a human thing and understandable.

What I don't get is people going onto forums and trying to spread FUD to make themselves feel better about all this or to try and justify their actions (or inactions for some people). The same arguments appear over and over with the same conclusions each time ultimately highlighting the irrationality of the people.

There is also the human condition of doing something Vs. Inaction, if you had to walk through a door that had a 1/10,000 chance of injury or stay in the room with a 1/1,000 chance of injury, based on your replies you would go through the door and leave your kids in the room.

These are just made up numbers, as you say you're picking them because they're nice, easy numbers.

By all means, link a credible source showing that the virus is over 10 times more dangerous than the vaccine for 5 five year olds and I'll take a look at it rationally, and we can debate something real.

I'm not spreading FUD to make myself feel better about all this or to try and justify my actions (or inactions) as you put it. I've linked NIACs report which doesn't say anything like what you are claiming.

• Advertisement

the CDC have discovered 8 myocarditis cases from 7 million vaccine doses in 5 to 11 year olds. that's about 1 in a million literally found so far.

there was a higher incidence recorded in 16-17 years old and 12 - 15 but that ranged from 1 in 14,000 to 1 in 25,000

meanwhile over 1,500 college athletes were scanned after having Covid and 2.3% were diagnosed with clinical or subclinical myocarditis. That's over 1 in 50.

0.31 % were identified just by symptom presentation like would be the case with the CDC figures.

and these are athletes.

Myocarditis is a leading cause of sudden death in competitive athletes. Myocardial inflammation is known to occur with SARS-CoV-2. 

Now of course this was different as they were specifically scanned but this is 2.3% or 0.023 vs 1 in 14000 or 0.00007, 1 in 25000 or 0.00004 or 1 in a million (0.000001)

Even the pure symptom-based presentation (no scan required) which is much more directly comparable to the CDC figures was .31% for the athletes who had had Covid so 0.0031 vs 0.00007 vs 0.00004 vs 0.000001

note the order of magnitude of zeroes in there 😀

even one of the 5 year-olds who got the vaccine could work that out.

so you're comparing the risk of myocarditis caused by the vaccine in 5 to 11 year olds to the risk of myocarditis caused by the infection in college athletes?!

since my 5 year old is not a competitive athlete I am struggling to see the relevance of the fact that "Myocarditis is a leading cause of sudden death in competitive athletes"?

is that really the best that you could come up with as a rebuttal lol and just blatantly ignoring the other smack-in-the-face figures?

rofl

so.... 1 myocarditis case per million vaccine doses found in 5 to 11 year olds by the CDC - do you find that concerning?

really?

did you fail statistics or just never take the class?

You responded to my post asking for a credible source showing that the virus is over 10 times more dangerous than the vaccine for 5 five year olds with stats about college athletes?

ROFL indeed!!

You're beyond a joke ignoring the literally 1 in a million question!

But the atheles were examines after having covid and specifical because they had covid.

What is your objection to the comparison exactly?

Or are you just looking for an excuse to ignore the evidence you've been provided?

It was evidence that the risk of the virus is much higher than the risk from the vaccine, athletes were used as they were studied specifically and in detail so edge cases are caught much more often than in the general population (and you seem to be all about the edge cases here).

But you are well into whataboutery now.

Your irrationality in the face of evidence has been highlighted and it's on you to own that. People are irrational, but you don't need to bring everybody into the same boat you are in by spreading FUD.

And this comment is just weird as I told you the numbers are made up, the actual numbers are even more favourable to the vaccines, it was to highlight the irrationality of leaving kids somewhere with a 1/1000 chance of getting hurt vs. taking action that has a 1/10,000 chance of getting hurt but that seems to have been lost on you!

These are just made up numbers, as you say you're picking them because they're nice, easy numbers.

OK so we still don't have a credible source claiming with certainty that the virus is over ten times more dangerous than the vaccines specifically for 5-11 year olds?

The risk/reward profile for vaccinating my five year old is the only thing I am interested in. Having read NIACs report specifically on this age group, I am happy that the risk/reward profile for my five year old is in favour of not getting the vaccine.

The number of college athletes developing myocarditis from covid is totally irrelevant to that risk/reward analysis - it's just total whataboutery.

Do any doctors or medical organisations agree with your assessment?

And the studies you've been provided are relevant. You haven't explained your object other than the people involved are athletes. Do you believe that athletes are somehow biologically different from other people?

Also it's very hypocritical for you to be whinging about this given how early you were making claims about the adverse effects of vaccines that you abandoned because you realised they were false.

• Advertisement

But NIAC don't say that anywhere, I'm going to do what you usually do and ask for proof of this as everybody else has bent over backwards getting proof for you only for you to totally ignore it and go off on another tangent.

The risk of COVID for kids is very low, the risk of the vaccine for kids is at least an order of magnitude below that based on all the detailed studies provided.

It would also be good for you to acknowledge the misinformation you posted as mentioned by King mob, if you are actually posting in good faith.

Advertisement