Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 19 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

The captain decision for this week is a real head-scratcher. We had it so easy the last few weeks with Salah. FPL just got interesting again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

So many people on twitter seem to be looking to FH I think that will gather momentum as a major strategy. But I've been looking at it and if there are no more cancelled games I can field 11 with a minus 4. One of those is ESR who is a risk but hell he has done well off the subs bench. That allows me to save both free hits for double game weeks when I think the points benefit will outweigh any points loss this week. I will probably go out of the cup but I don't really care about that anyway.

But it is finely balanced another cancelled game before the deadline and I will probably have to FH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Currently have 10 probably playing so very tempted to go Salah & Firmino (last weeks punt gone wrong to field 11) to Bowen and Ronaldo for a -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I kept it simple no -4’s had enough money for Son in for Jota. I have no Ronaldo- would of had to get rid of Salah for that. But I know I would want him back for the Leicester game.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭steve_r

Deadline moved to 13:30 on the 26th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭eggy81

Kdb in for salah.

probably captain him this week too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭crushproof

If you can manage 11 players then taking a FT would be madness. I've 4 players out so I think I'll bring in Son at the last minute and leave it at that.

You'd be insane not to save the FTs for the DGWs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Dennis & Salah out (feels weird getting rid of Salah)

Ronaldo & Martinelli in

-4 will be taken, waiting until the last minute to do it.

Will only have 10 players but it is what it is, can't imagine many will have 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah Twitter is alive with free hit teams but unless you are down to only being able to field 8 or less players Im not really seeing the value in using it compared to a DGW. The value of the free hit in a DGW is minimum 22 points and up to 60+. Its also got value in the event of a blank GW for the big teams when the CL semis are on.

At the moment I can field 10 and 11 by using the FT. So will just do that but not until the deadline. Would hope the PL is on the ball this time and if there are more cancellations we hear about them before the deadline. It was bad enough what happened last week with fans travelling to a cancelled game, would be even worse if that happened them on Stephens Day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Was thinking of taking a punt on DCL but......

now that is scuppered. Burnley v. Everton postponed FS ☹️

And down to 9 players max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Burnley and Everton being cancelled didn't impact on me. Still looking at fielding 11 with a minus 4. This could be the week that decides a lot of Mini leagues on the basis of FH use or hold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Not many will have Burnley Everton players so not much change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭sully123

I was thinking Salah for son or kdb. With the following game so close I guess there is a good chance he'll miss more than one. Plus there is the African cup. Might just leave him out then until after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

I'm down to 8 players including ESR who's not a guaranteed starter and Antonio who's recovering from Covid.

I'm 90% certain I'll be using a FH this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I almost thought I had the perfect transfer with exact money to go jota & pukki out for Martinelli & Ronaldo… but I already have 3 Arsenal players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Down to a max of 10 players with Brownhill out but he was perhaps only going to give me a point anyway. Leaning towards holding the FH chip unless another one bites the dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Palace vs Spurs potentially at risk of being postponed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

They all just want extra Turkey at Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

DCL is going to be great value at this rate. I wonder how long it will take him to get fit, when things settle down.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭steve_r

8 players left, which includes Foden and Antonio.

If I use transfers I might try Salah to Son and Allan to Martinelli- not mad on losing Salah just yet and the games the replacements have are also in doubt.

The alternative is to use FH on the 26th and just pick from what’s left. It doesn’t seem to be a great use of the chip but it means I will have a rested Salah for his last two games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Xander10

Most of the early Salah transfers have brought in Son. That would be a headache if called off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

'A couple of cases' to match getting postponed is a bit of a stretch surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Anyone still doing early transfers is asking for it, no sympathy from me

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yeah it can be worth taking a chance with an early transfer sometimes but with games getting postponed hours before the deadline and people struggling to have 11 players it is incredibly stupid.

I hope most are on a wildcard or free hit at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

Son is predicted to rise in price tonight and at the rate Salah is being sold he could well drop in price tomorrow night. Think I will use my free transfer on Salah to Son and if there are more cancellations so Son does not play I'll probably play free hit just before deadline. With a more seriously depleted game week it could be worth using the chip to have a better team just for this week but to me it makes sense to use the free transfer now (but going to wait a short while in case this is Christmas drink logic at work).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

A lot have used their free hits or wildcards so they may not actually change in price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

I agree this could be true but think I might just continue anyway. Son and Salah price changes might still happen tomorrow night and as I said if just before deadline it looks like Spurs v Crystal Palace is also off it will be much more worthwhile to play one of my free hit chips and then the transfer is reversed for the following week and I still have Salah for the Leicester game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Do not make any transfers!!

I was stung twice already!

Ive 9 players at the minute so might just do Salah to Sterling & go with that.

Advertisement